Questions on Decriminalization/Legalization movement

The whole point of smoking weed is to get high. A person can drink alcohol responsibly. It is true that there are a significant amount of alcohol and pot related automobile deaths. So is your plan to make things worse by legalizing weed and having more people drive stoned.

Rock....why do guys come home from work and drink a few beers?......why do they drink watching a game?.....

Having a few isn't necessarily bad for you, as a matter of fact drinking two cups of red wine at night is good for the heart, some say. The fact is smoking any amount of pot, for anyone, is bad.

Please explain "bad", and give a few examples. This Oaksterdam alumni is curious just how foolish you can make yourself look on this board.

As long as you do not have children or pets, there nothing prohibitive about smoking pot while confined. No going out in public while it's in your system. deadly force against a pot user is always acceptable.
Should that argument apply to consuming alcohol too? How about cigarettes and/or cigars?

There has to be a price paid for breaking the law.

It's not just about stabbing sprees, although more incidents would occur if pot was decriminalized/made legal. I personally don't know anyone harmed by schizophrenic, but I'm sure such cases exist. What about the burden on society from all the pot related car accidents? Don't you think legalizing pot lead to more of them?

I didn't even go into the degeneration of our youth...
Sure there should be a price to pay for breaking the law, but shouldn't we have SENSIBLE laws to begin with?

By your own admission you have no facts to back up your claims, why are you clinging to such bogus notions?

Can you PRODUCE any accidents that stemmed directly from pot use? Any at all!?!?

If so, please do.

If you can't, then that should tell you something.

I already produced facts that using pot can produce psychosis. That not good enough?

The whole point of smoking weed is to get high. A person can drink alcohol responsibly. It is true that there are a significant amount of alcohol and pot related automobile deaths. So is your plan to make things worse by legalizing weed and having more people drive stoned.

Rock....why do guys come home from work and drink a few beers?......why do they drink watching a game?.....

Having a few isn't necessarily bad for you, as a matter of fact drinking two cups of red wine at night is good for the heart, some say. The fact is smoking any amount of pot, for anyone, is bad.
Something that kills brain cells on contact, aka alcohol, is good for you?

So killing brain cells is good for you?

Interesting....

As long as you do not have children or pets, there nothing prohibitive about smoking pot while confined. No going out in public while it's in your system. deadly force against a pot user is always acceptable.
Should that argument apply to consuming alcohol too? How about cigarettes and/or cigars?

It's not just about stabbing sprees, although more incidents would occur if pot was decriminalized/made legal. I personally don't know anyone harmed by schizophrenic, but I'm sure such cases exist. What about the burden on society from all the pot related car accidents? Don't you think legalizing pot lead to more of them?

Sure there should be a price to pay for breaking the law, but shouldn't we have SENSIBLE laws to begin with?

By your own admission you have no facts to back up your claims, why are you clinging to such bogus notions?

Can you PRODUCE any accidents that stemmed directly from pot use? Any at all!?!?

If so, please do.

I already produced facts that using pot can produce psychosis. That not good enough?
You didn't produce anything of that nature.

You did, however, state and assert that it did. Which was swiftly responded to and debunked.

That's not facts sir.

Nice try.

If so, please do.

Without proof what you say is simply idle gossip.

The psychosis produced by the heavy use of cannabis is reversed when the dose is lessened. At least that is what a study from Israel University concluded.

The damage from a "few beers" every night will get you a darn good chance of liver damage

Give me a break!

People get addicted to the high marijuana gives you. It may not be psychically addictive, but it is an addictive substance nonetheless. Case closed.

In what way – though – is this relevant to the conversation at hand? Tens of thousands of legal ingestible/digestible products can be considered “mentally addictive”, including Oreos. Addictiveness is not the prime criteria for prohibiting something and being forced to spend $40 billion/year policing it, and much more paying for 24/7 costs for millions of prisoners in jail for non-violent drug offenses.

Here’s my stance Rocko – prohibition doesn’t work. It’s certainly not discouraging anyone from using the drug given the frequency and sheer popularity of pot in the US today. So I say lets regulate it so that the people selling it are forced to check ID, forced to make sure that there were no harmful pesticides used, etc because currently the “gatekeepers/sellers” of pot do not check IDs. It’s easier for a kid in high school to get his hand on a joint vs a beer for this reason.

Lets approach this with consistency, common sense, and reason.

Well, if that's your stance then why not make all street drugs legal? We would have a country full of degenerates and drug zombies in the name of more freedom.

If so, please do.

You didn't produce anything of that nature.

You did, however, state and assert that it did. Which was swiftly responded to and debunked.

That's not facts sir.

Nice try.

What's been debunked? There are numerous studies that prove links between pot and psychosis. Show me one study that disproves there's a link.

Interesting....

You never heard that a glass or two of red wine at night is good for the heart and the digestive system, Marc? I find that hard to believe.

What's been debunked? There are numerous studies that prove links between pot and psychosis. Show me one study that disproves there's a link.
OK...fine. Post a few of those studies then.

If so, please do.

No. Those facts aren't good enough. You are trying to explain psychosis to a pot smoking psychotic. Addicts like that can't see their own addiction or psychosis. It's part of the illness.

What happened in America the last time Marijuana was legalized?

Fuck you with your bullshit story about how legalizing pot won WWII! You're an absolute disgrace, you dirty fucking pothead!

If so, please do.

No. Those facts aren't good enough. You are trying to explain psychosis to a pot smoking psychotic. Addicts like that can't see their own addiction or psychosis. It's part of the illness.

OK...fine. Post a few of those studies then.

Ok I google it for you, Marc.

Interesting....

You never heard that a glass or two of red wine at night is good for the heart and the digestive system, Marc? I find that hard to believe.
Like I posted earlier...that's what they say.

Then I followed by stating that those beneficial elements can be found in natural substances in greater and more purer forms, I cited grapes and pomegranates.

So with that information, we know that consuming alcohol is not the ONLY source for such benefits, moreover, it's not the BEST source for such benefits.

Do you agree?

Fuck you with your bullshit story about how legalizing pot won WWII! You're an absolute disgrace, you dirty fucking pothead!
Yeah, American history is MY bullshit story. Why do you not want to learn about your own country? America legalized "Marihuana" and society didn't collapse. The exact opposite happened. We saved the world.

Hemp_for_victory_1942.png

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

victory_garden.jpg

1. Are there any groups pushing for Decriminalization of Marijuana which EMPHASIZE the need to address drug abuse, addiction, and crime AS A PRIORITY
and DON'T DENY or playdown the dangers and addictions associated with marijuana use?

I agree with decriminalization but have been continually disappointed
in not finding groups willing to push solid plans to replace it with.

I see plenty of people making arguments AGAINST the problems,
but I wanted to collaborate on SOLUTIONS.

2. Is there any Candidate or Leader pushing for criminal justice reform
to free up funds to support a State or Party system of covering health care?

This can be any angle, from decriminalization to save state resources, or replacing the death penalty, or managing work programs that don't abuse prison labor but cover costs of prisons.

I was very excited to find a group called RAMP - Republicans Against Marijuana Prohibition.
But was disappointed there wasn't enough push to replace ACA with other means of funding more effective health care to address simultaneous issues.

Is this just too much to combine problems under one solution? Are groups just better off addressing criminal reform, health reform, and immigration reform SEPARATELY?

I thought it was more like a Rubik's cube where you can't solve one side of the puzzle without solving all of them. Is there any group, leader or proposed solution offering to resolve several issues at once, or is that too much for people to process?

Just wondering if I'm the weird one here, the oddball out who can't seem to
separate the trees from the forest. thanks for any referrals. I feel lost in the woods, if anyone can point me in the right direction!
LIBERTY...is an all or nothing proposition...and with that proposition comes responsibility. All anyone needs to understand.

Yeah, American history is MY bullshit story. Why do you not want to learn about your own country? America legalized "Marihuana" and society didn't collapse. The exact opposite happened. We saved the world.

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

victory_garden.jpg

This board isn't story telling time, druggie! Justify your addiction yourself, on your own time if you want.

Marc, I'll post links for you tomorrow, goodnight.

1. Are there any groups pushing for Decriminalization of Marijuana which EMPHASIZE the need to address drug abuse, addiction, and crime AS A PRIORITY
and DON'T DENY or playdown the dangers and addictions associated with marijuana use?

I agree with decriminalization but have been continually disappointed
in not finding groups willing to push solid plans to replace it with.

I see plenty of people making arguments AGAINST the problems,
but I wanted to collaborate on SOLUTIONS.

2. Is there any Candidate or Leader pushing for criminal justice reform
to free up funds to support a State or Party system of covering health care?

This can be any angle, from decriminalization to save state resources, or replacing the death penalty, or managing work programs that don't abuse prison labor but cover costs of prisons.

I was very excited to find a group called RAMP - Republicans Against Marijuana Prohibition.
But was disappointed there wasn't enough push to replace ACA with other means of funding more effective health care to address simultaneous issues.

Is this just too much to combine problems under one solution? Are groups just better off addressing criminal reform, health reform, and immigration reform SEPARATELY?

I thought it was more like a Rubik's cube where you can't solve one side of the puzzle without solving all of them. Is there any group, leader or proposed solution offering to resolve several issues at once, or is that too much for people to process?

Just wondering if I'm the weird one here, the oddball out who can't seem to
separate the trees from the forest. thanks for any referrals. I feel lost in the woods, if anyone can point me in the right direction!
LIBERTY...is an all or nothing proposition...and with that proposition comes responsibility. All anyone needs to understand.

Anarchy is not something that can't support humans

tapatalk post

victory_garden.jpg

This board isn't story telling time, druggie! Justify your addiction yourself, on your own time if you want.
Marijuana was legalized to defend your freedom. How does that make you feel?

Forum List

Back