quite the turn out at that one nation rally

Union members were forced to attend
Yes they had free tshirts
Yes they had a free meal
yes they had a free bus ride to and from the rally

If you dig, quite hard admittedly, you'll find union forums where members are complaining of being 'pushed' to attend the rally.

But, my point.... Joke was wrong - which is quite normal for Joke but it's nice to point out his errors.

I have already addressed this reply Union members were forced to attend not saying how many did attend but they were ordered. If you scroll back a page or two you will find the link and how I addressed that part.

Once again, an out-of-context clip isn't "proof".

Link to a single union member claiming he was "forced" to go?

@ infidel

no one is saying you're evil, he'll if I thought that someone was calling me evil I'd fight them too! But that's not what I'm doing...no matter what I say people like The T will attempt to translate it into something it's not. I speak fine and there isn't a need for translation especially when all of the translations are negative...

What izzzz this thing "he'll"? :confused: and what duz he want?

If you dig, quite hard admittedly, you'll find union forums where members are complaining of being 'pushed' to attend the rally.

But, my point.... Joke was wrong - which is quite normal for Joke but it's nice to point out his errors.

I have already addressed this reply Union members were forced to attend not saying how many did attend but they were ordered. If you scroll back a page or two you will find the link and how I addressed that part.

Once again, an out-of-context clip isn't "proof".

Link to a single union member claiming he was "forced" to go?

OUT OF CONTEXT? nothing was taken out of context he said it and that should be very clear. OMG it's a union they are not a democracy The boss says jump or they face a stiff reprisal. They may vote on their bylaws and vote who they want as a rep, but they must follow union directives or what ever you want to call it. Or else face the punishment.

This is a lie.

To promote the union. "Free advertising" is more like it.

Some did. I don't see how you can call that a "bribe"

This is true.

This isn't examples of "bribery" or "bullying". This is unions offering free transportation and lunch to their members and supporters - why is that a bad thing?

No it isn't
https://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2010/...ing-union-members-to-attend-one-nation-rally/
It's a union we are talking about. One local teamsters group cannot force a single group without all of the teamsters group doing the same thing.
They have bylaws when they have a gathering all members must assemble.
You don't know anything about unions, that much is clear. There's no rule like that at all. Locals are mostly autonomous.

And your blog fails - no one was "forced" to go, that was a figure of speech. But believe what you want, if it helps you sleep at night.

To everyone else their. To show unity and solidarity.

You've never noticed how union members all wear their colors at rallies?
You really know nothing about union politics.

These are union members. Aren't you guys the ones who complain they get paid too much?

"Free lunch" isn't a bribe if you make as much as conservatives claim union members do.

This isn't examples of "bribery" or "bullying". This is unions offering free transportation and lunch to their members and supporters - why is that a bad thing

This part has already been addressed
Incorrectly, of course. Once again, prove your statements (without using out of context clips from radio shows or rightwing blogs).[/QUOTE]

You don't know anything about unions, that much is clear. There's no rule like that at all. Locals are mostly autonomous.

You don't know anything about unions, that much is clear. There's no rule like that at all. Locals are mostly autonomous. And your blog fails - no one was "forced" to go, that was a figure of speech. But believe what you want, if it helps you sleep at night.

I have worked with people who were members of a union sorry but you fail. I have given proof but you give nothing but your opinion that my source is wrong. Until you can prove other wise you have failed.

The free t-shirts were not for union members but for groups that went representing ACORN The NAACP The communist party of America. groups like that. Union members already have t-shirts of their local teamsters group.

"Free lunch" isn't a bribe if you make as much as conservatives claim union members do.

Maybe you didn't know this but some that went were not union members some that went did not have a job and to someone who does not have a job a free meal would mean a lot to them.

No it isn't
https://nicedeb.wordpress.com/2010/...ing-union-members-to-attend-one-nation-rally/
It's a union we are talking about. One local teamsters group cannot force a single group without all of the teamsters group doing the same thing.
They have bylaws when they have a gathering all members must assemble.

And your blog fails - no one was "forced" to go, that was a figure of speech. But believe what you want, if it helps you sleep at night.

To everyone else their. To show unity and solidarity.

These are union members. Aren't you guys the ones who complain they get paid too much?

Incorrectly, of course. Once again, prove your statements (without using out of context clips from radio shows or rightwing blogs).

You don't know anything about unions, that much is clear. There's no rule like that at all. Locals are mostly autonomous. And your blog fails - no one was "forced" to go, that was a figure of speech. But believe what you want, if it helps you sleep at night.

I have worked with people who were members of a union sorry but you fail. I have given proof but you give nothing but your opinion that my source is wrong. Until you can prove other wise you have failed.
Not quite, brother. I know that I'm right because I'm currently contracted to work for SEIU, running a campaign for them. I've been directly involved in this rally, you have not.

If union members were "forced" to go, like you claim, why haven't you been able to find a single union member to say it?

The free t-shirts were not for union members but for groups that went representing ACORN The NAACP The communist party of America. groups like that. Union members already have t-shirts of their local teamsters group.
Nope, that's not true at all. All the buses and "freebies" were for Union members and supporters. ACORN doesn't exist anymore, and had nothing to do with this rally.

You know that the teamsters aren't the only union there, right? In fact, the teamsters didn't even have that much to do with it - it was more SEIU, UAW and CWA.

Maybe you didn't know this but some that went were not union members some that went did not have a job and to someone who does not have a job a free meal would mean a lot to them.

Prove it.

Last edited:
Perhaps bigrebnc rode one of the buses north that day for some cash, a free meal, and a quick look at the capitol?

That is likely as anything else I have been reading from the conloons.

Perhaps bigrebnc rode one of the buses north that day for some cash, a free meal, and a quick look at the capitol?

That is likely as anything else I have been reading from the conloons.

Jake I gave you your chance to give your argument nows to time for you to shut the fuck up

Incorrectly, of course. Once again, prove your statements (without using out of context clips from radio shows or rightwing blogs).

Not quite, brother. I know that I'm right because I'm currently contracted to work for SEIU, running a campaign for them. I've been directly involved in this rally, you have not.

If union members were "forced" to go, like you claim, why haven't you been able to find a single union member to say it?

Nope, that's not true at all. All the buses and "freebies" were for Union members and supporters. ACORN doesn't exist anymore, and had nothing to do with this rally.

You know that the teamsters aren't the only union there, right? In fact, the teamsters didn't even have that much to do with it - it was more SEIU, UAW and CWA.

Prove it.

From the one nation web site
Mission
One Nation Working Together
For Jobs, Justice and Education for All
We are unemployed workers – forced to watch hopes for bold action dashed – because some Senators threaten filibusters, and other would-be champions fold in fear.
Mission | One Nation Working Together

A union is a union it does not matter.

I gave proof and knowing how unions work all you have done is deny it and give your opinion of my source. It's up to you to prove me wrong

Acorn was just a name of a group that came off the top of my head but here is a list of groups that were there

I'm sure many of those that went were not paying members of those groups

So far you have failed

Mission
We are unemployed workers – forced to watch hopes for bold action dashed – because some Senators threaten filibusters, and other would-be champions fold in fear.
Yeah, not quite. The Mission Statement of the rally isn't proof of who was there.

Further stating your lack of knowledge of unions, I see.

I gave proof and knowing how unions work all you have done is deny it and give your opinion of my source. It's up to you to prove me wrong
So it's my responsibility to prove a negative?

Try again.

Nope, that's not true . All the buses and "freebies" were for Union members and supporters. ACORN doesn't exist anymore, and had nothing to do with this rally.

Acorn was just a name of a group that came off the top of my head but here is a list of groups that were there

So far you have failed[/QUOTE]

Really? What have I failed at?

I never claimed that everyone that was their was employed, nor did I claim that everyone there was union. I know for one thing that my mother was there, and she's retired.

YOU, on the other hand, claimed many things, which you have not backed up. Things like "people just showed up for the free lunch", and the like.

Continue as you were, captain.

Mission
Yeah, not quite. The Mission Statement of the rally isn't proof of who was there.

Try again.

Nope, that's not true . All the buses and "freebies" were for Union members and supporters. ACORN doesn't exist anymore, and had nothing to do with this rally.

So far you have failed

I never claimed that everyone that was their was employed, nor did I claim that everyone there was union. I know for one thing that my mother was there, and she's retired.

YOU, on the other hand, claimed many things, which you have not backed up. Things like "people just showed up for the free lunch", and the like.

Continue as you were, captain.[/QUOTE]

I will respond to this post in whole. I have shown proof what have you shown other than your opinion? Do you have any source supporting your argument besides your opinion?

Wait a minute foiund something I need to address sepertly

Neither did I I said some of those people that were there were unemployed and a free meal would mean a lot
Slam you failed again..

Last edited:
It occurs to me that liberals automatically think the head count is lower on the national mall, because THEY can't get a large crowd there. In their ego-centric thinking, they must be more capable of drawing a crowd than conservatives.

Mission

Try again.

So far you have failed

I will respond to this post in whole. I have shown proof what have you shown other than your opinion? Do you have any source supporting your argument besides your opinion?

This is the last response I'm going to post here, you give me a headache. It's like talking to a four year old.

You claimed that union members were "forced" to attend the rally.
As "proof", you posted an out-of-context clip from a radio show, where a teamster boss used a figure of speech.

I disagreed.

Now, there's no way for me to "prove" that people weren't forced, without talking to every single union member there. This is what is meant when people say "you can't prove a negative".

I know, from my own experience, and the fact that I work currently as a Union organizer, that as a whole, union members were not "forced" to attend the rally.

So, if you're so certain that the union members there were systematically "forced" to attend, you'll need to provide more than just a sound bite.

This is the last response I'm going to post here, you give me a headache. It's like talking to a four year old.

You claimed that union members were "forced" to attend the rally.
As "proof", you posted an out-of-context clip from a radio show, where a teamster boss used a figure of speech.

I disagreed.

Now, there's no way for me to "prove" that people weren't forced, without talking to every single union member there. This is what is meant when people say "you can't prove a negative".

I know, from my own experience, and the fact that I work currently as a Union organizer, that as a whole, union members were not "forced" to attend the rally.

So, if you're so certain that the union members there were systematically "forced" to attend, you'll need to provide more than just a sound bite.

Your opinion is not proof carry on you have been incorrect on every approach you have made. All you have offered is your opinion and nothing else.

Oh I see now you are currently working as a union organizer. Come on now Do you honestly think anyone working for a union would admit anything negative against a union especially if they are one of the leaderships?

Last edited:
theDoctorisIn apparently has carried this discussion without any problem.

Of course, considering his opposition, then there wasn't any doubt.

Good night.

theDoctorisIn apparently has carried this discussion without any problem.

Of course, considering his opposition, then there wasn't any doubt.

Good night.

Now jake we are here in the real world. Your time in fantsy land is over.

The doctor tried everything from spin but could not carry the day. DO YOU WISH TO TAKE HIS PLACE?

This is true.

This isn't examples of "bribery" or "bullying". This is unions offering free transportation and lunch to their members and supporters - why is that a bad thing?

It is not a "bad thing" but it does take away from the authenticness of the rally.

How so? Do you think that people who didn't want to be at the rally anyway would wake up at 3am for a free ride and a sandwich?

This is true.

It is not a "bad thing" but it does take away from the authenticness of the rally.

How so? Do you think that people who didn't want to be at the rally anyway would wake up at 3am for a free ride and a sandwich?

3am for a bus ride? Here's the site and everyone wants a ride AFTER the rally. :lol:

Local Events | One Nation Working Together

Forum List

Back