Quiz: Is Your Brain Republican or Democrat?

63% Liberal, 37% conservative.

Conservatives seem to find a lot of things disgusting, like gay people, Muslims etc.

Conservatives seem to find a lot of things disgusting, like gay people, Muslims etc.

That was not what I found disgusting. I don't like roaches, mice, maggots, severed hands and the like. *shrug*

It says I'm 88% liberal, 12% conservative. I don't think so.

Did you make sure where the answers were? They seemed to move around...not stay in same place.

Yep, after more than 20 years in the military, including a tour in Vietnam, it just takes a lot to disgust me.

That was probably it. I am squeamish with some of those things in the quiz.

It's all mind over matter, if you don't mind, it won't matter.

That was not what I found disgusting. I don't like roaches, mice, maggots, severed hands and the like. *shrug*

Cockroaches aren't disgusting, they're annoying.

I got woken up by a horny cockroach chasing another cockroach through my curtains at 2am, making a massive load of noise.

If I hear a cockroach I have to catch it, same as with mosquitoes, it's not disgust, it's annoyance at the thing.

I see things for what they are (both politically and emotionally), an insect is just that. The danger to me is what it is, cockroaches aren't dangerous, mostly they might say you're a bit of a dirty person, but then again it might just mean it's warm outside and they like being where you are.

But on the political scale, conservatives are generally more likely to take the emotional side. "Uhhhh a cockroach, I can't live like this" "Uhhhh a gay person, I can't live like this", rather than seeing the realistic view of what is out there, that a cockroach doesn't cause you any harm, nor a gay person.

It's interesting to relate the two, it makes sense to me now I've heard it and might make me change how I interact with conservatives on this board.

Naw, I don't need someone telling me my brain is a political party.

Did you make sure where the answers were? They seemed to move around...not stay in same place.

Yep, after more than 20 years in the military, including a tour in Vietnam, it just takes a lot to disgust me.

I was squeamish before I went to Nam but no more.

I got woken up by a horny cockroach chasing another cockroach through my curtains at 2am, making a massive load of noise.

If I hear a cockroach I have to catch it, same as with mosquitoes, it's not disgust, it's annoyance at the thing.

I see things for what they are (both politically and emotionally), an insect is just that. The danger to me is what it is, cockroaches aren't dangerous, mostly they might say you're a bit of a dirty person, but then again it might just mean it's warm outside and they like being where you are.

But on the political scale, conservatives are generally more likely to take the emotional side. "Uhhhh a cockroach, I can't live like this" "Uhhhh a gay person, I can't live like this", rather than seeing the realistic view of what is out there, that a cockroach doesn't cause you any harm, nor a gay person.

It's interesting to relate the two, it makes sense to me now I've heard it and might make me change how I interact with conservatives on this board.

I don't personally feel anything whatsoever can compare a gay person and a cockroach. I have many gay friends, and family members.
I am scared of cockroaches, and have been all my life. They disgust me.
I feel the same about spiders, and have always.
You are going to compare a maggot to a gay person? The quiz did not. Not a word.
These are just your words.

I sort of resent your analogy there. The quiz says absolutely nothing about gays. Only you are.

I was squeamish before I went to Nam but no more.

That totally makes sense to me.

I don't personally feel anything whatsoever can compare a gay person and a cockroach. I have many gay friends, and family members.
I am scared of cockroaches, and have been all my life. They disgust me.
I feel the same about spiders, and have always.
You are going to compare a maggot to a gay person? The quiz did not. Not a word.
These are just your words.

I sort of resent your analogy there. The quiz says absolutely nothing about gays. Only you are.[/QUOTE

Calling gays cockroaches is offensive to cockroaches.

Naw, I don't need someone telling me my brain is a political party.

Quizzes are for fun and discussion, whining about them being presented is childish and disrespectful in my humble opinion.

Forum List

Back