Quiz: Is Your Brain Republican or Democrat?

Conservative 17%
Liberal 83%

And I'm not even American so those labels can't apply.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Is Your Brain a Democrat or Republican?

How does this work?
A 2014 study concluded that people who were more prone to disgust are more conservative and tend to align with the republican party. But, why?

Some scientists believe it's ancestral and that the adverse reactions were used to protect primitive ancestors from contamination and disease. This way a person wouldn't confuse drinking water with dirty pond scum.

The study measured participants' brain response to "disgusting" imagery using an MRI. The study could predict party affiliation with up to 98% confidence. The questionaire on chartsme.com uses Jonathan Haidt's disgust scale in lieu of MRI and imagery, so results are likely far less accurate. Watch TED Talk to learn more.
so what this means is, anyone with a dem brain is fucking dead should the need to rely on themselves arise.

explains why so many people were on the roofs begging to be saved

How does this work?
A 2014 study concluded that people who were more prone to disgust are more conservative and tend to align with the republican party. But, why?

Some scientists believe it's ancestral and that the adverse reactions were used to protect primitive ancestors from contamination and disease. This way a person wouldn't confuse drinking water with dirty pond scum.

The study measured participants' brain response to "disgusting" imagery using an MRI. The study could predict party affiliation with up to 98% confidence. The questionaire on chartsme.com uses Jonathan Haidt's disgust scale in lieu of MRI and imagery, so results are likely far less accurate. Watch TED Talk to learn more.
so what this means is, anyone with a dem brain is fucking dead should the need to rely on themselves arise.

It could be me but I feel like somethings missing in your post...:neutral:

How does this work?

ok, in the op, they said this is based on reactions that kept our ancestors alive.
eat this, not that
drink this not that
this is a pet, that will eat you
save money, keep spending after it's all gone
preserve our freedoms, be free of the free market

basically, if shit hits the fan, you can assume that after 1 month, most people still alive didn't vote for obama.

How does this work?

ok, in the op, they said this is based on reactions that kept our ancestors alive.
eat this, not that
drink this not that
this is a pet, that will eat you
save money, keep spending after it's all gone
preserve our freedoms, be free of the free market

basically, if shit hits the fan, you can assume that after 1 month, most people still alive didn't vote for obama.

I hate to tell you this but the shit is going to hit the fan and well, good luck...:beer:

Seems to me to be a silly set of questions

Very few things disgust me or bother me it seems the writers of this test think democrats are the less offend-able of the 2

63% Liberal, 37% conservative.

Conservatives seem to find a lot of things disgusting, like gay people, Muslims etc.

That was not what I found disgusting. I don't like roaches, mice, maggots, severed hands and the like. *shrug*

Cockroaches aren't disgusting, they're annoying.

I got woken up by a horny cockroach chasing another cockroach through my curtains at 2am, making a massive load of noise.

If I hear a cockroach I have to catch it, same as with mosquitoes, it's not disgust, it's annoyance at the thing.

I see things for what they are (both politically and emotionally), an insect is just that. The danger to me is what it is, cockroaches aren't dangerous, mostly they might say you're a bit of a dirty person, but then again it might just mean it's warm outside and they like being where you are.

But on the political scale, conservatives are generally more likely to take the emotional side. "Uhhhh a cockroach, I can't live like this" "Uhhhh a gay person, I can't live like this", rather than seeing the realistic view of what is out there, that a cockroach doesn't cause you any harm, nor a gay person.

It's interesting to relate the two, it makes sense to me now I've heard it and might make me change how I interact with conservatives on this board.

I don't personally feel anything whatsoever can compare a gay person and a cockroach. I have many gay friends, and family members.
I am scared of cockroaches, and have been all my life. They disgust me.
I feel the same about spiders, and have always.
You are going to compare a maggot to a gay person? The quiz did not. Not a word.
These are just your words.

I sort of resent your analogy there. The quiz says absolutely nothing about gays. Only you are.

I wouldn't compare a gay person to a cockroach either. However I'm not uber conservative.

My words are basically that conservatives have more disgust that non-conservatives, what level this might take isn't set. My father is more liberal than I am, however he said he'd never watch Brokeback Mountain as it is just wrong (I watched half of it and thought it was crap).

A liberal might look at gay sex and thing, well, sex is dirty anyway, who cares, it's not my issue. A conservative might says that gay sex is disgusting and for this reason be opposed to this. Again, not all conservatives are against gay sex. However uber-conservatives will almost certainly be against gay sex and gay marriage.

You can resent my analogy all you like, I don't really care. I'm making a point, I didn't compare gay people to cockroaches, I compared the attitude conservatives might have towards cockroaches and towards gay people. I use the term "might" because I'm not talking about ALL conservatives, just some.

Conservatives seem to find a lot of things disgusting, like gay people, Muslims etc.

odd, Sharia law puts Gays to death, women are basically slaves and liberals embrace it.

Sharia Law is very conservative.

You're mixing two things.

The first is tolerance of others, and the acceptance that you might not like something, that someone has the right to do as they wish as long as they don't hurt others.

The other is the intolerant people who you might tolerate, because they're not harming others.

I don't like conservative Muslims' view on the world, that doesn't mean I don't tolerate their views if they don't harm others.

odd, Sharia law puts Gays to death, women are basically slaves and liberals embrace it.

The first is tolerance of others, and the acceptance that you might not like something, that someone has the right to do as they wish as long as they don't hurt others.

The other is the intolerant people who you might tolerate, because they're not harming others.

I don't like conservative Muslims' view on the world, that doesn't mean I don't tolerate their views if they don't harm others.

It's not conservative or liberal in my experience, it's nuts.

tolerance seems to be in the eye of the beholder

and your mixing Sharia Law with Conservatives because you're an intolerant idiot looking for an excuse to spread hate.

Last edited:

and your mixing Sharia Law with Conservatives because you're an intolerant idiot looking for an excuse to spread hate.

Oh, you don't understand what I say, so you go off insulting people. Jeez......

I really don't do people whose argument is just insults.

Yup, I was a tad brutal, I guess I could have just disagreed.

You could have, and I get the feeling you didn't quite get what I was saying. Sharia Law is done by conservative Muslims. This is a fact. I can't change this, and it doesn't make me intolerant because this is a fact, and it doesn't mean I'm spreading hate either.

You could have, and I get the feeling you didn't quite get what I was saying. Sharia Law is done by conservative Muslims. This is a fact. I can't change this, and it doesn't make me intolerant because this is a fact, and it doesn't mean I'm spreading hate either.

It gives American Conservatism a bad name and we both know that's your intent, why kid yourself?

6qwu2t.jpg

54/46. Almost perfect! :D

Forum List

Back