Quiznos is toast

Blimpy's was the best. Haven't seen one for a while.
Subway owns the sub sandwich market with over 25,000 stores. There're successful because they built a reputation for quality, low-fat menu options and the fact that you do not need a grill or fryer. There food is low cost, very simple to prepare, and has the appearance of freshness. When you go to Subway, you know exactly what to expect. Unlike Subway, Quiznos tried to serve a wide variety of fast food and never was able to develop a distinctive image to sell to the public.

Last edited:
The post is by Fox News so the trigger in everyone's brain SHOULD be research it further, because they are full of :bsflag:

I didn't have to look beyond OP to read, "Quiznos also noted most of its 2,100 shops are independently owned and operated and won't be subject to the bankruptcy."

Is this stating that Quiznos isn't a citizen? Because last time I checked, the least educated Americans think Corporations are Citizens. (via.Citizens United, worst bill in history)

Quiznos is toast
That's too bad. :(

Quiznos is one of my favorite sandwich places, as they have really good hot sandwiches. I usually go for the Black Angus Steak sandwich on Rosemary Parmesan bread when I eat there. I always ask for extra zesty grill sauce in my sandwich, it's outstanding. The sandwich practically melts in your mouth.

Yep, they are good. Their hot sandwiches are the best.....but it doesn't seem like the franchises are going to be hurt, according to the article.

So many places sell good subs. I have eaten subs from convenience stores that taste better than Subway or Quiznos. The fact that either business is successful surprises me.

Quiznos is toast

Quiznos is one of my favorite sandwich places, as they have really good hot sandwiches. I usually go for the Black Angus Steak sandwich on Rosemary Parmesan bread when I eat there. I always ask for extra zesty grill sauce in my sandwich, it's outstanding. The sandwich practically melts in your mouth.

Yep, they are good. Their hot sandwiches are the best.....but it doesn't seem like the franchises are going to be hurt, according to the article.

Maybe the franchises can start stocking Coke products...that may get my business in and of itself.

Quiznos is toast

Yup, most of the 2100 shops are independently owned and won't be affected by the bankruptcy. The one that I go to is a franchise, so no risk of it shutting down. :D

The post is by Fox News so the trigger in everyone's brain SHOULD be research it further, because they are full of :bsflag:

I didn't have to look beyond OP to read, "Quiznos also noted most of its 2,100 shops are independently owned and operated and won't be subject to the bankruptcy."

Is this stating that Quiznos isn't a citizen? Because last time I checked, the least educated Americans think Corporations are Citizens. (via.Citizens United, worst bill in history)

"I didn't have to look beyond OP to read..."

Sooo....you seem to be relying on Fox news for your opinions.

Never had their's either. Subway's cold 'spicy Italians' are the only thing I've ever had. Just the bread and the meat though, am a food purist. :)

Too bad....they make a good sub

Looks like we are stuck with the crap subway puts out

They always have poor locations around here. Subway seems to feel easy access is a must, which makes sense for fast food. I can't stand the bread though and really miss the east coast hoagies. It's probably fresh bread vs frozen thawed bread. I've never had a decent Philly Cheese Steak out here.

I went to a Quiznos once in Kokomo, IN. The sandwich prices were ridiculous. Iirc, one of them cost around $10. That's nuts.

The king of sub shops is Jimmy Johns. ;-)

Last edited:

"I didn't have to look beyond OP to read..."

Sooo....you seem to be relying on Fox news for your opinions.

I don't think you understood his comment.....he dismisses anything Faux News has to say and who can blame him....:lol::lol:

I ate at one in CT, once...the food was overpriced and terrible.

I guess managers/owners have a lot to do with the quality of service their store provides....there will always be bad managers, but generally, Quiznos is pretty good.

Forum List

Back