Quote for the day

Concerning work

"Nobody notices when you show up for work on time, or work a little late. They damn sure notice if you show up late, leave early or call in sick."
"His performance warranted a promotion to customer."
~My colleague Stan

An old boss of mine had a sign on the wall that read
"For those of you who don't believe the dead can come back to life, be here at quitting time"

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
-- Philippians 4:8

1606426wzst80cvoe_zps0b86e0d4.gif

Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid. ~Frederick Buechner

"Deluded minds discuss people.

"Common minds discuss events.

"Enlightened minds discuss ideas."

“At noon I observed a bevy of nude young native women bathing in the sea, and I went and sat down on their clothes to keep them from being stolen.” ~ Mark Twain, Mark Twain in Hawaii: Roughing It in the Sandwich Islands: Hawaii in the 1860s

"We are always trying to convert people to a belief in our own explanation of the universe. We think that the more people there are who believe as we do, the more certain it will be that what we believe is the truth. But it doesn't work that way at all.” ~ Paulo Coelho, The Pilgrimage

Forum List

Back