Quote for the day

7ba5efb9aa78e2828f5cd63fe27be52d.jpg

This one is dedicated to someone here at USMB. I sure wish this person would hear me and accept me as I am.

2b0cbdc528e6c4a3e15add444897180b.jpg

It is not necessarily those lands which are the most fertile or most favored climate that seem to me the happiest, but those in which a long stroke of adaptation between man and his environment has brought out the best qualities of both.
- T. S. Eliot

You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.
- Anonymous

A sage has one advantage; he is immortal. If this is not his century, many others will be.
- Baltasar Gracian

Thanksgiving is coming, let's try some thanksgiving posts...

“Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.”
― Erma Bombeck

So let us not be petty when our cause is so great.
Let us not quarrel amongst ourselves when our Nation's future is at stake.

JFK (from the speech he never gave because he was assassinated.)

BYev1CtCEAAS6s1.jpg

Read The Last Lines Of The Speech JFK Would Have Given The Night Of His Assassination

Politicians do not give speeches like that anymore. Great oratory skills seem to be a thing of the past. Dying, perhaps, with JFK and Martin Luther King.

Great oratory survives the passage of time. That is why Lincoln and FDR are remembered for their speeches. Today it is all about pushing the hot buttons instead of crafting the words into something that will outlive the next news cycle.

Forum List

Back