Raise the draft age to 21 unless you are in the military.

This nation was founded on the premise that only land owners could vote.

I haven't been able to find that in The Constitution... the document upon which our country's laws derive. Could you point it out to me?

I haven't been able to find that in The Constitution... the document upon which our country's laws derive. Could you point it out to me?
I dont recall where I said it was in the Constitution. Could you point it out to me?

The voting age was lowered to 18 in 1970. This was done because people were complaining about being eligible for the draft at 18, yet ineligible to vote after serving a tour.

You can volunteer for the military at 18 and should be able to vote if you do so, except you should not be able to be drafted until you are 21. Also, raise the voting age to 21 for non-military.
I voted while I was in the military.

They send ballots through the mail.

And that was in 1975 to 1979.

And I was in Germany.

So I'm not really sure what this is about.

Military and Overseas Voting

Your response has nothing to do with my post.
Raise the draft age to 21 unless you are in the military.

How can you get drafted if you are already in the military?

We'll try this again. I am proposing that we raise both the draft age and the voting age to 21. However, we should allow people to volunteer for the military, in peacetime or in time of war, when they are 18. If they do volunteer for the military before they are 21, they should be eligible to vote even though they are not yet 21 years old.

I don't see why it should be 21, the reason being that if a draft is actually enacted it would likely be a very serious event like a civil war or a world war that would require a lot of manpower.

O.k., Vietnam was not that serious and there was a draft, I'm not arguing about that.

On the other hand, maybe bring the drinking age down to 18?

I dont recall where I said it was in the Constitution. Could you point it out to me?
I thought not. The first elections were decided much like today. Through appointed electors IE the electoral college, determined at the state level. And at the state level without exception the power to vote was restricted to white, landowning, men, of good character. No one else...

Last edited:
I don't see why it should be 21, the reason being that if a draft is actually enacted it would likely be a very serious event like a civil war or a world war that would require a lot of manpower.

O.k., Vietnam was not that serious and there was a draft, I'm not arguing about that.

On the other hand, maybe bring the drinking age down to 18?
The age of majority should be when all rights, and privileges are assumed/granted. Whatever age society deems the age of majority should be. I feel that should include driving.
More people are killed annually by cars than guns; but sixteen year olds can hit the road endangering the population at large daily. Yet have to wait till 18 to buy a long arm. And 21 to buy a pistol, or alcohol. Fucking retarded. That’s not even mentioning enlistment, and all that comes with that...

Set the draft age to 35 and perhaps the politicians would think twice about the cost of war. As far as voting goes, states set the voting age. The 26th amendment just required that no state set it any higher than 18.

The current maximum age to join the Army is 34!

The maximum age for Army enlisted recruits is 35, while the Navy and Marines cap recruit ages at 34and 28, respectively. Under federal law, the oldest recruit any military branch can enlist is 42, although each service sets its own policy within that limit.

Set the draft age to 35 and perhaps the politicians would think twice about the cost of war. As far as voting goes, states set the voting age. The 26th amendment just required that no state set it any higher than 18.

The maximum age for Army enlisted recruits is 35, while the Navy and Marines cap recruit ages at 34and 28, respectively. Under federal law, the oldest recruit any military branch can enlist is 42, although each service sets its own policy within that limit.

You are incorrect. I happen to be an expert on Army recruiting since that is where I work! I can quote the Army manual if you would like. The maximum age is 34. The day you turn 35, you are ineligible for enlistment. Have a nice day!

You are incorrect. I happen to be an expert on Army recruiting since that is where I work! I can quote the Army manual if you would like. The maximum age is 34. The day you turn 35, you are ineligible for enlistment. Have a nice day!

Even though I disagree with his suggestion, he suggested setting the minimum age of the Selective Service standards of the draft to 35, not the minimum age of voluntary enlistment to 35.

The current maximum age to voluntarily join the army is 34. However, if the draft is ever implement again using the current Selective Service standards, the maximum age will be 45.

Even though I disagree with his suggestion, he suggested setting the minimum age of the Selective Service standards of the draft to 35, not the minimum age of voluntary enlistment to 35.

The current maximum age to voluntarily join the army is 34. However, if the draft is ever implement again using the current Selective Service standards, the maximum age will be 45.

Yeah, we drafted a lot of 45 year olds in Vietnam. My Dad fought in WWII and he still would have been eligible to be drafted up to 1966 had he not already served, but we didn't do that!

I think you are confusing maximum and minimum.

Then tells stars and stripes that little excerpt is directly from them. I don't care if it's 25 or 50. Mr know it all go ahead and call stars and stripes and let them know they have fucked up. Every week you seem to work for another department, do you even know where you work?

Then tells stars and stripes that little excerpt is directly from them. I don't care if it's 25 or 50. Mr know it all go ahead and call stars and stripes and let them know they have fucked up. Every week you seem to work for another department, do you even know where you work?

I am a team leader for the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC). I handle all cyber recruiting. If you call an Army toll free number, post on an Army recruiting Facebook page, or appear on a high school or college list, my people answer your questions and contact potential recruits.

If Stars and Stripes posted that, they are wrong.

I also cannot help it if your memory is poor.

I think everyone at age 18, or afterhighschool, should be required to spend 2yrsin the military. When you actually put your life on the line for your country you devolop a new respect for the Patriots that that have sacrificed for this country. It also turns kids into adults. After basic training you don’t see a lot of snowflakes.

The maximum age for Army enlisted recruits is 35, while the Navy and Marines cap recruit ages at 34 and 28, respectively. Under federal law, the oldest recruit any military branch can enlist is 42, although each service sets its own policy within that limit.Jun 25, 2014
Air Force raises enlistee age limit from 27 to 39 - Air Force - Stripes
upload_2019-3-24_12-15-29.png
https://www.stripes.com/.../air.../air-force-raises-enlistee-age-limit-from-27-to-39-1.2905...

I think everyone at age 18, or afterhighschool, should be required to spend 2yrsin the military. When you actually put your life on the line for your country you devolop a new respect for the Patriots that that have sacrificed for this country. It also turns kids into adults. After basic training you don’t see a lot of snowflakes.

The military does not want your drugs addicts, career criminals, and morons who could not pour piss out of a boot with the instructions written on the heel. Ain't nobody got time for that!

\

The maximum age for Army enlisted recruits is 35, while the Navy and Marines cap recruit ages at 34 and 28, respectively. Under federal law, the oldest recruit any military branch can enlist is 42, although each service sets its own policy within that limit.Jun 25, 2014
View attachment 251937
https://www.stripes.com/.../air.../air-force-raises-enlistee-age-limit-from-27-to-39-1.2905...

Congratulations! If it on the internet it must be true. Stars and Stripes screwed the pooch on that one!

Here is the pre-qualifying question from goarmy.com:

ARE YOU BETWEEN 17 AND 34 YEARS OF AGE?

See If You Pre-Qualify

Last edited:

View attachment 251937

Congratulations! If it on the internet it must be true. Stars and Stripes screwed the pooch on that one!

Run along little man.

View attachment 251937

Run along little man.

I just posted proof that I am correct in post #97. I will await your retraction and apology.

View attachment 251937

Run along little man.

I just posted proof that I am correct in post #97. I will await your retraction and apology.

I wasn't even responding to anything you said pop, go fuck yourself ;)

Forum List

Back