“Raise the Wage Act”, (H.R. 582) would have increased most USA’s wage-earning families’ incomes.

I'll make anyone a deal. We end the Federal Reserve and I'll quit sticking up for the poor.

Why should we end the Federal Reserve?
How is making unskilled workers permanently unemployable "sticking up for the poor"?
How would raising the minimum wage make the Poor, "permanently unemployable"?

Higher paid Labor create more in demand and pay more in taxes in every long run equilibrium.

How is making unskilled workers permanently unemployable "sticking up for the poor"?

If you're unskilled and only worth $8/hr, who will hire you at $12/hr?

Higher paid Labor create more in demand

Higher cost labor is in less demand.
Only in right wing fantasy.

Social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour and is a reason for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage.

Lower social services and people will get a job/skills/build a resume.

I'll make anyone a deal. We end the Federal Reserve and I'll quit sticking up for the poor.

Why should we end the Federal Reserve?

Higher paid Labor create more in demand and pay more in taxes in every long run equilibrium.

If you're unskilled and only worth $8/hr, who will hire you at $12/hr?

Higher paid Labor create more in demand

Higher cost labor is in less demand.
Only in right wing fantasy.

Social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour and is a reason for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage.

Lower social services and people will get a job/skills/build a resume.

Will they have to move to China to do that?

Raise the minimum wage means low wage workers have more to spend on college, less need for debt, less need for public assistance
Why do you think that two free adults can't decide for themselves what they are willing to trade labor for compensation?
Do you think potential workers are too stupid or worthless to determine their own worth in the job market? Whose fault is that?

Fact is, there will always be low wage and low skill workers. Business depends on them.
If, as you contend, business "depends" on them, then business will pay them what they demand or they'll go out of business. Again, no government involvement necessary.
Think more, post less.
Low skill, low wage workers have very little negotiating leverage. Which is why it is so easy to exploit them.

Why we need a minimum wage

Why do you think that two free adults can't decide for themselves what they are willing to trade labor for compensation

Because only once side has negotiating leverage

Just because the market says you can exploit someone doesn’t mean you should.

The taxpayer makes up the difference

“Raise the Wage Act”, (H.R. 582) would have increased most USA’s wage-earning families’ incomes.

The last minimum wage bill that was proposed and considered in congress, was H.R. 258, “Raise the Wage Act”. It was passed by the Democratic majority house, then passed on to the Republican majority senate, (where it now lies effectively dead).
Refer to the Congressional Budget office’s, (i.e. CBO’s) minimum wage rate report,
How Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage Could Affect Employment and Family Income | Congressional Budget Office, and follow the link’s instructions to obtain the HR 258 interactive graphs.

Referring to the graph entitled “Average Percentage Change in Real Family Income, by Income Group”: The graph indicates average incomes of families earning less than 3 times the poverty threshold increase. Average incomes of higher income families do not perceivably begin to decrease until those incomes achieve 6 more times the poverty threshold;

(i.e. CBO’s study confirms minimum wage rate’s beneficial effects upon job’s rates are inversely related. Employees within the lowest wage rate brackets most benefit in proportion to their incomes, and those benefits (proportional to incomes) are incrementally lesser as incomes increase. Thus, the wage incomes of most USA’s wage earners would have benefit or would not be detrimentally affected by passage of H.R. 582.

[Six, (6) times a family of three’s income equal or exceeding 6 times the poverty threshold would be $122,000 per year and for a family of four it would well exceed $125,00 per year expressed in 2018 U.S. dollars.]
Respectfully, Supposn
1. doesn't matter how much $$$$ you give stupid people, they will still be poor
2. higher wages = higher prices!!!! SO, they still can't afford things!! DUH
lol. Why abolish slavery then, right wingers. That is what you really want. DUH
slavery and minimum wage---????HAHAHHAHHAHAHA
LOL. Still clueless and Causeless regarding right wing propaganda and rhetoric, right wingers? Y'all want the minimum wage to truly be Zero.
raise minimum wage = raising prices = worthless
why abolish slavery; right wing logic and reasoning = worthless.

What is moral about forcing people to depend on government for their existence?

What is immoral about government helping those who need help?
/——/ Ahhh geeeze, there is a difference in helping people in need and confiscating others money to create a permanent underclass. Hurricane relief good- 7th generation welfare bad.
Raise the minimum wage enough so the Poor also pay their share of the tax burden.
/—-/ So force companies to pay more so the Gubmint can grab more of the poor employees paychecks. Geee you’re a freaking genius. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha
Force companies to pay more because they will not do it on their own
/——/ When I was in salaried sales, the companies gave me regular raises. No Gubmint agency forced them to. And in commission sales, I gave myself raises. You sound like a bitter loser.
Good for you
Low wage and low skilled workers lack the bargaining power.
Doesn’t excuse employers exploiting them.
/——/ My first three jobs were low wage because of my low skills, but I focused on improving myself and getting better paying jobs. It’s a simple concept.
As with most workers in minimum wage jobs. They move on and someone else comes in to be exploited.

Doesn’t excuse the practice
/——/ Why don’t you open a business so we can see what you pay, no skills, entry level employees. Something easy like an ice cream franchise. Go ahead and keep us posted.
Knowing how to expense wages is what matters
/——/ Mindless cliches from the libtard who couldn’t manage a Kool Aide stand without adult supervision.
lol. Even promiscuous women are less full of fallacy than You.

The last minimum wage bill that was proposed and considered in congress, was H.R. 258, “Raise the Wage Act”. It was passed by the Democratic majority house, then passed on to the Republican majority senate, (where it now lies effectively dead).
Refer to the Congressional Budget office’s, (i.e. CBO’s) minimum wage rate report,
How Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage Could Affect Employment and Family Income | Congressional Budget Office, and follow the link’s instructions to obtain the HR 258 interactive graphs.

Referring to the graph entitled “Average Percentage Change in Real Family Income, by Income Group”: The graph indicates average incomes of families earning less than 3 times the poverty threshold increase. Average incomes of higher income families do not perceivably begin to decrease until those incomes achieve 6 more times the poverty threshold;

(i.e. CBO’s study confirms minimum wage rate’s beneficial effects upon job’s rates are inversely related. Employees within the lowest wage rate brackets most benefit in proportion to their incomes, and those benefits (proportional to incomes) are incrementally lesser as incomes increase. Thus, the wage incomes of most USA’s wage earners would have benefit or would not be detrimentally affected by passage of H.R. 582.

[Six, (6) times a family of three’s income equal or exceeding 6 times the poverty threshold would be $122,000 per year and for a family of four it would well exceed $125,00 per year expressed in 2018 U.S. dollars.]
Respectfully, Supposn
1. doesn't matter how much $$$$ you give stupid people, they will still be poor
2. higher wages = higher prices!!!! SO, they still can't afford things!! DUH
lol. Why abolish slavery then, right wingers. That is what you really want. DUH
slavery and minimum wage---????HAHAHHAHHAHAHA
LOL. Still clueless and Causeless regarding right wing propaganda and rhetoric, right wingers? Y'all want the minimum wage to truly be Zero.
raise minimum wage = raising prices = worthless
why abolish slavery; right wing logic and reasoning = worthless.
minimum wage is not slavery

/——/ Ahhh geeeze, there is a difference in helping people in need and confiscating others money to create a permanent underclass. Hurricane relief good- 7th generation welfare bad.
Raise the minimum wage enough so the Poor also pay their share of the tax burden.
/—-/ So force companies to pay more so the Gubmint can grab more of the poor employees paychecks. Geee you’re a freaking genius. Bwhahahaha Bwhahahaha
/——/ When I was in salaried sales, the companies gave me regular raises. No Gubmint agency forced them to. And in commission sales, I gave myself raises. You sound like a bitter loser.
Good for you
/——/ My first three jobs were low wage because of my low skills, but I focused on improving myself and getting better paying jobs. It’s a simple concept.
You are still missing the point. If the minimum wage had kept up with inflation, it would be around eighteen dollars an hour. Minimum wage Workers should not need social services as much as they do now. Right wingers merely prefer to subsidize the Richest at the Expense of the Poor.
/—-/ You’re either too stupid or brainwashed to understand what has been painfully explained to you.
lol. You are even dumber for having nothing but ad hominems instead of Any valid (requiring some intelligence) arguments.

lol. Massive deficits is all Right Wingers understand not potentially balancing the budget.
/——/ Since democRATs run Congress, where is their balanced budget for 2020, or any other year for that matter?

Trump is running a $3 trillion deficit
Largest in history
/—-/ Still waiting for the democRATs balanced budget... waiting... waiting...waiting...
Democrats merely need a working majority in Congress. Raising the minimum wage to fifteen dollars an hour can generate around five times the federal income tax revenue compared to the current federal minimum wage.
/—-/ Another tax the poor scheme by democRATs. Disgusting
lol. Nobody takes right wingers seriously about economics.

Good for you
As with most workers in minimum wage jobs. They move on and someone else comes in to be exploited.

/——/ Why don’t you open a business so we can see what you pay, no skills, entry level employees. Something easy like an ice cream franchise. Go ahead and keep us posted.
Not a solution is it?

With 30 million workers needing government assistance to survive, there are not 30 million ice cream franchises or small businesses to fill the void.
/—-/ I’m telling you to open one so we can see how you pay unskilled labor. Are you really that stupid to think I meant for 30 million to do so?
Fifteen an hour minimum. Only the right wing prefers poverty wages and public social services for their bottom line. Capitalism is too difficult for them.

Good for you

Not a solution is it?

With 30 million workers needing government assistance to survive, there are not 30 million ice cream franchises or small businesses to fill the void.
/—-/ I’m telling you to open one so we can see how you pay unskilled labor. Are you really that stupid to think I meant for 30 million to do so?
Fifteen an hour minimum. Only the right wing prefers poverty wages and public social services for their bottom line. Capitalism is too difficult for them.
Whatever they raise minimum wage to, they must assume they need to make up for 11 years without an increase as well as the probability it will be a LONG time before it is raised again

Raising the minimum wage, cons:
1. Layoffs
If an employer has a tight compensation budget and the minimum wage is raised, it means they can no longer compensate the same number of employees at a higher rate and must make layoffs to remain within budget. So, while some employees may be making slightly more money, others will be left unemployed.
So what. Employment is at the will of either party. Unemployment compensation should be legal to our own at-will employment laws. Obey the at-will employment Laws, right wingers. Don't practice the abomination of hypocrisy (unto God) on the less fortunate.

Good for you

Not a solution is it?

Whatever they raise minimum wage to, they must assume they need to make up for 11 years without an increase as well as the probability it will be a LONG time before it is raised again
Raising the minimum wage should automatically keep up with inflation with an Institutional means.

2. Price increase
Employers might raise prices of their product in order to generate enough income to support their more highly paid minimum wage employees, which could ultimately create a ripple effect for other shops and industries, resulting in a slightly higher cost of living, resulting in another push to raise minimum wage again.
So what. Inflation happens, Regardless. Wages should outpace inflation on an Institutional basis.

3. Fewer Hirings
If business must pay their minimum wage employees more, they cannot afford to hire as many employees. According to a Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago study, “10 percent increase in the minimum wage lowers low skill employment by 2 to 4 percent and total restaurant employment by 1 to 3 percent.” Or instead of hiring fewer employees, the company may start outsourcing jobs to employees in countries that are willing to work for much less than $10.10 per hour, resulting in fewer jobs for Americans.
So what. Employment is at the will of either party and so should unemployment compensation. Obey the laws right wingers.

Forum List

Back