Rand Paul? Breaks With Trump?

At some point anyone with at least half a brain agrees that the Trump and Barr goon squads are a huge mistake.
Inject Rand Paul into the issue. I hope more of Trump's stable of enablers see the light.

"Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Monday came out against President Donald Trump’s latest initiative of sending unidentified federal agents to round up protesters in American cities."

“We cannot give up liberty for security,” wrote Paul, a staunch ally of the president who at times contradicts him on issues like civil liberties. “Local law enforcement can and should be handling these situations in our cities but there is no place for federal troops or unidentified federal agents rounding people up at will.”

but theyre not unidentified fed agents,,,,and they arent rounding up protesters, they are rounding up criminals that have committed crimes,,,

He said federal troops, too. And they do not have identifying uniforms. And they are NOT rounding up people in the act of committing a crime.
Just how far you Trumptards will go up Trump's ass is stupefying.
Uniforms are not required, Dipshit.

And they were part of the mob defacing Federal buildings and threatening to burn them down, Simpleton.

Rand Paul is a fool. When people start burning cities, and violently hurting people, the FBI and ATF&E are allowed to come in and do what is necessary to stop the shit. I know, because while Obama was playing god, i worked in the ATF&E headquarters and the agents there were getting ready for this shit....
Rand is asking legit questions....If the people being scooped up are in fact from violent Antifa goon squads then the raids are at least marginally proper.

BTW, flashing BATF credentials doesn't automatically make you one of the good guys...Just sayin'.

How many were charged with a crime, arrested and had to be bailed out or is still sitting in jail?
I don't know and neither do you...But at least I'm willing to wait until all the facts are in.

At some point anyone with at least half a brain agrees that the Trump and Barr goon squads are a huge mistake.
Inject Rand Paul into the issue. I hope more of Trump's stable of enablers see the light.

"Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Monday came out against President Donald Trump’s latest initiative of sending unidentified federal agents to round up protesters in American cities."

“We cannot give up liberty for security,” wrote Paul, a staunch ally of the president who at times contradicts him on issues like civil liberties. “Local law enforcement can and should be handling these situations in our cities but there is no place for federal troops or unidentified federal agents rounding people up at will.”

“We cannot give up liberty for security,” wrote Paul

Okfine, the libertarian???

Say it ain't so....

:laughing0301:

Is it a wonder why they remain a small political group in America?

:rolleyes:

It's not. Far too many love authoritarianism.

It is in distant third place, with a tiny number elected into congress.

Wikipedia:

"It is currently the third largest political party in the United States by voter registration,[1] and has one member in Congress, Representative Justin Amash of Michigan. The Libertarian Party has no governorships, and over the past decade, has had fewer than 10 members elected to state legislatures or other state office. There are 609,234 voters (0.53% of total electorate) registered as Libertarian in the 31 states that report Libertarian registration statistics and Washington, D.C.[14] The Libertarian Party was the party under which the first electoral vote was cast for a woman (Tonie Nathan) for Vice President in the 1972 United States presidential election due to a faithless elector. "

bolding mine
===

You are correct it isn't small, it is tiny.

When was Paul a Trump fan?....never...wasted thread....

I wouldn't call it a wasted thread, because a lot could be discussed, though I doubt it will be, but you're certianly correct with regard to the former. Rand has never been a 'fan' of Trump.

But anyone with any experience in the governmental process should understand that sometimes you have to operate from within.

It's really no surprise that guys like Rand are the ones who get sent overseas to talk to foreign leaders. As I've said before around here, it's a process of continuing growth.

And in broad daylight, no less. Heh heh.

Last edited:
Rand Paul is a fool. When people start burning cities, and violently hurting people, the FBI and ATF&E are allowed to come in and do what is necessary to stop the shit. I know, because while Obama was playing god, i worked in the ATF&E headquarters and the agents there were getting ready for this shit....
Rand is asking legit questions....If the people being scooped up are in fact from violent Antifa goon squads then the raids are at least marginally proper.

BTW, flashing BATF credentials doesn't automatically make you one of the good guys...Just sayin'.

How many were charged with a crime, arrested and had to be bailed out or is still sitting in jail?
I don't know and neither do you...But at least I'm willing to wait until all the facts are in.

From all that I've read every one of them was simply released.

Say it ain't so....

Is it a wonder why they remain a small political group in America?

It's not. Far too many love authoritarianism.

It is in distant third place, with a tiny number elected into congress.

Wikipedia:

"It is currently the third largest political party in the United States by voter registration,[1] and has one member in Congress, Representative Justin Amash of Michigan. The Libertarian Party has no governorships, and over the past decade, has had fewer than 10 members elected to state legislatures or other state office. There are 609,234 voters (0.53% of total electorate) registered as Libertarian in the 31 states that report Libertarian registration statistics and Washington, D.C.[14] The Libertarian Party was the party under which the first electoral vote was cast for a woman (Tonie Nathan) for Vice President in the 1972 United States presidential election due to a faithless elector. "

bolding mine
===

You are correct it isn't small, it is tiny.

I wouldn't call the Libertarian party very libertarian.

Good for him!
Every once in a while he returns to Planet Earth and says something intelligent.
Word is that Trump's goons will be appearing in other cities. Trump is stirring the pot and it's going the wrong way politically.

When was Paul a Trump fan?....never...wasted thread....

I wouldn't call it a wasted thread, because a lot could be discussed, though I doubt it will be, but you're certianly correct with regard to the former. Rand has never been a 'fan' of Trump.

But anyone with any experience in the governmental process should understand that sometimes you have to operate from within.

It's really no surprise that guys like Rand are the ones who get sent overseas to talk to foreign leaders. As I've said before around here, it's a process of continuing growth.

And in broad daylight, no less. Heh heh.
Nonsense.....

It's Rand sticking to his principles. I believe any over reach by Trump huts him politically. I know from the Canadian system what unaccountable, covert police apparatuses do to citizens, our economy and reputation.

We need guys like Rand in Canada. Our economy would be twice the size and our debt a quarter of what it is.

Say it ain't so....

No f'n way

Trump's plan will backfire. Not in my country. No police state. I will join forces if this shit comes to my town.

“The exercise also has the advantage for Trump of entrenching a new form of secret police and of turning federal agents into instruments of his authoritarianism.”

"Amid mounting criticism over the deployment of unidentified federal agents to Portland, Oregon—where they have been driving around in unmarked vehicles and snatching people off the streets—civil liberties advocates are increasingly concerned that President Donald Trump will similarly send “secret police” to other Democrat-led cites across the country as part of a 2020 campaign strategy to sow chaos and further his law-and-order message."

A lot of people have disagreed with some of President Trump's policies. Republicans really don't expect lockstep adherence to their policies. They aren't communists you know.

Dr. Paul is a libertarian type fellow, and its certainly consistent that he'd have objections to this.

Trump will just make it worst as he always does. The federal troop are there and the protesters are still there. People will die and the blood will be on trump

Trump's plan will backfire. Not in my country. No police state. I will join forces if this shit comes to my town.

“The exercise also has the advantage for Trump of entrenching a new form of secret police and of turning federal agents into instruments of his authoritarianism.”

"Amid mounting criticism over the deployment of unidentified federal agents to Portland, Oregon—where they have been driving around in unmarked vehicles and snatching people off the streets—civil liberties advocates are increasingly concerned that President Donald Trump will similarly send “secret police” to other Democrat-led cites across the country as part of a 2020 campaign strategy to sow chaos and further his law-and-order message."

how is it a police state when all they are doing is arresting violent criminals destroying public and private property???

Could be....Even so, that's no proof of anything, given that a lot of these moonbats cites and states have been throwing all sorts of miscreants back onto the streets without them posting bail.

how is it a police state when all they are doing is arresting violent criminals destroying public and private property???
The irony of listening to these crackpots mewl about a police state, after all the things that we know the FBI, NSA, CIA, ad nausem have been and continue to be doing, is beyond laughable.

Could be....Even so, that's no proof of anything, given that a lot of these moonbats cites and states have been throwing all sorts of miscreants back onto the streets without them posting bail.

Feds, remember this is the Feds, not cities or states.

Forum List

Back