Rand Paul is Filibustering John Brennan

intentionally misframed

in other words, a dishonest question intended to derive a false answer

Oh, I take that back. This guy's in charge. The man who gets so nervous having to make a speech to a camera that he grabs and gulps a water bottle and hopes you don't notice.

Given the IQ of your average Republican, he was probably right.

20130213__MarcoRubioSwig.jpg
You think he hoped no one noticed, even while he looked into the camera eh ? Cheap shot, but what else do you have ? Nothing but dribble it apears..

Oh, I take that back. This guy's in charge. The man who gets so nervous having to make a speech to a camera that he grabs and gulps a water bottle and hopes you don't notice.

Oh nozies!

He drank WATER????

Yeah. You guys have real substantive concerns.

:cuckoo::doubt::eusa_hand:

I support Rand Paul in what he is doing. I don't agree with him on everything, but, this is crucial and questions need to be answered.

By SAHIL KAPUR

Sen. Rand Paul’s (R-KY) epic 13-hour filibuster of John Brennan for CIA director finally came to an amicable resolution Thursday, but not before sparking a battle within the Republican Party hierarchy — the latest in a series of internal struggles the party has faced since the election.

On Paul’s side is the right-wing apparatus and their darlings in Congress — notably Sens. Mike Lee (R-UT) and Ted Cruz (R-TX), who joined the filibuster. They were delighted by Paul’s highly public confrontation with the White House and cheered him on until the very end.

One the other side are the GOP neoconservatives, led by Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who are Washington’s chief guardians of broad executive power when it comes to dealing with the country’s enemies.

They were furious with Paul’s attacks on President Obama’s drone policy.

“To somehow allege or infer that the President of the United States is going to kill somebody like Jane Fonda, or somebody who disagrees with the policies, is a stretch of imagination which is, frankly, ridiculous,” McCain said Thursday morning on the Senate floor.

He read from a scathing Wall Street Journal editorial declaring that “if Mr. Paul wants to be taken seriously he needs to do more than pull political stunts that fire up impressionable libertarian kids in their college dorms. He needs to know what he’s talking about.”

That angered the wealthy conservative activist group FreedomWorks, which called McCain’s remarks “rude and out of line,” and slammed him for “schmoozing with President Obama over dinner” while Paul was mounting his “courageous filibuster.”
More: Rand Paul’s Drone Filibuster Sparks GOP Civil War | TPMDC

This is a non sequitur, and I apologize for that in advance but:

I WISH someone on Rand Paul's staff would suggest to him to use a hair brush because his hair looks like a damn rat's nest.

Back to the point of this thread though. I see John McCain and Lindsey Graham attacking Rand. I saw John Yoo disagreeing with Rand. Does three people equal a civil war, or am I missing some others?

Rubio did himself no favors last evening; quoting Jay-Z and The Godfather during his portion of the filibuster....he's been relegated to lightweight status.

Back to the point of this thread though. I see John McCain and Lindsey Graham attacking Rand. I saw John Yoo disagreeing with Rand. Does three people equal a civil war, or am I missing some others?

NO, that is the sensational title of some site called, TPMDC
and of course the left eats it up

Last edited:
Rubio did himself no favors last evening; quoting Jay-Z and The Godfather during his portion of the filibuster....he's been relegated to lightweight status.

Wow. he was regulated to lightweight status by someone who already thought he was. He must be so upset.

intentionally misframed

That sounds like a lot of nonsense. Now there are such things as dishonest questions, but I don't think Rand's question qualifies. This administration has killed American citizens with no due process in the past. With that in mind I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask them whether they believe they can do the same thing within the United States. As for being intended to derive a false answer, I don't know what that even means. What is a false answer? An answer that is wrong? An answer that is untrue? A lie? And how would that be the fault of the person asking the question if the person answering it gave a false answer?

Seems the left has little to offer. It's all about the Koch brothers, not involved. Or Rubio and water, again non issue. So lame.

Wow. he was regulated to lightweight status by someone who already thought he was. He must be so upset.

I thought he had more of a problem in getting the nom in 2016 with you guys because of his name and skin color than his substance. Turns out he has no substance either.

I thought he had more of a problem in getting the nom in 2016 with you guys because of his name and skin color than his substance. Turns out he has no substance either.

Actually, it is the right today, saying whoa, we thought he had little. Now they are rethinking and your leftist breathren are melting down.

intentionally misframed

That sounds like a lot of nonsense. Now there are such things as dishonest questions, but I don't think Rand's question qualifies. This administration has killed American citizens with no due process in the past. With that in mind I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask them whether they believe they can do the same thing within the United States. As for being intended to derive a false answer, I don't know what that even means. What is a false answer? An answer that is wrong? An answer that is untrue? A lie? And how would that be the fault of the person asking the question if the person answering it gave a false answer?

This nonsense is on the reactionary side. One, due process as you insist actually is not required for apprehension or termination of a threat who won't give up. Of course the admin can do it in the USA. But to suggest that somehow the question was involving the admin falsely attacking "unarmed" civilians suggests a false answer.

You are better than this. Back up.

All you've established is that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

intentionally misframed

This nonsense is on the reactionary side. One, due process as you insist actually is not required for apprehension or termination of a threat who won't give up. Of course the admin can do it in the USA. But to suggest that somehow the question was involving the admin falsely attacking "unarmed" civilians suggests a false answer.

You are better than this. Back up.

Well by all accounts Anwar al-Awlaki was unarmed when he was killed. So again, I don't think it was a ridiculous question. Especially after they refused to answer it for weeks. As for a false answer, that still makes no sense. Holder gave an answer, was it false?

Actually, it is the right today, saying whoa, we thought he had little. Now they are rethinking and your leftist breathren are melting down.

McCain basically called Paul a boob today. Two Republicans. The "meltdown" is on your part. Meanwhile your President is circumventing GOP leadership and seeking to work with those dis-enchanted with Boehner, Cantor and company.

Oh yeah, and at the same time, the silly display of a filibuster is over and the GOP is right back where they were...unable to stop the Obama nominees.

The facts whisper louder than your silly yarn there. Brighten up.

Rand Paul's self-serving spectacle only appealed to the radical right.

So I guess killing an American on American soil with a drone while he is not engaging in combat with any other American is just fine with you. Obama has already killed an American in Yemen along with his teenage son and the son's classmate. Al three killed by a hellfire missile. I can see taking out the father but I draw the line at killing his son and his neighbors son. The father and Both minors were American born citizens. Just what does Obama have to do to get your goat? do you support him no matter what? What Rand Paul did was long over due. He spoke truth to power and won. Something the left use to admire but now you refer to it as self serving. You sir are whats wrong with America.
Good for you, and now I will add something more if I may.

If the drone program was directed as a program that would be used only by the coast gaurd or by local law enforcement agencies as a part of their arsenal against criime, and this in order to battle the drug warlords and their minions (or) to collect intel on bad people by surveilence of their hide outs (or) to be used as a tactical weapon in order to help stop say a boat speeding away in the night, wherefore it is trying to avade our coast gaurd or athorities because it is filled with drugs and bandits, yet only after being warned by say lighted codes in the distance that would tell the boat to shut down and surrender immediately or it will be stopped by this method possibly by application of if needed, and as would also be proven (or) to search for a killer on the loose who has taken refuge in the yellowstone park or other such rough terain, then I think such a program would be much better accepted and understood as to be something good to add to the many great police held technologies in which we have now in America today, but controlled and used only by the police or state agencies for fighting crime would it be accepted by the citizens of this nation in acceptance of, otherwsie if it were for this purpose only.

The problem with all of this, is that it is something that the federal government controls, and would control as a program in country, and the feds need nothing like this in America at all, especially not to be controlled or used by them in America as a program ever. WHY you might ask? It's because they are to politicized to be trusted in my opinion, and their power would be lifted to tyranical levels, where as the temptations would be to great for them to have at their disposal. They may want to use this to harm political foes with in the future, and that is totally unacceptabe, and totally unconstitutional, so what is Obama and company thinking is what people had best begin to seriously ask themselves now, because his " we are going to totally transform America" statement, may just come at the end of a drone instead of at the end of a barrel, otherwise if his motives are somewhat seeded in this thought or type of futuristic thinking in which he might have.

The federal government having any thoughts or attempts to seize control of this nation be it state by state, should be seen only as tyranical in nature, so America beware of everything these days, because we are seeing some wild stuff going on now.

Last edited:

All you've established is that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/elect...e-republicans-get-off-work-3.html#post6290940

http://www.usmessageboard.com/election-forums/260355-been-working-the-polls.html#post6289115

http://www.usmessageboard.com/election-forums/260176-no-gloating-pledge-3.html#post6287707

And to top it off:

Romney wins in a landslide. Republicans win the Senate and keep the House.

Chris avoids this thread like he avoid his Gov Walker threads like the plague.

Yeah...like you know the first thing about politics....

Forum List

Back