Rape does not justify abortion

Me Me Me. It's all the Left ever thinks about.

It is true that the left cares more about individual liberties than the right does. On the other hand, me me me seems to be the only thing the right cares about when it comes to gun control, health care, taxes, and other issues.

Women have privacy rights. It is backed up by the 9th 10th and 14th amendments. You don't like it? Don't get an abortion then.

Women do not have more rights than men.
If a woman wanted a hysterectomy I would say it's no one's business. But an abortion ends a human life. So it isn't just her business anymore.

Disagree. If abortion is not only the raped woman's business and thus solely her choice, then pray tell, who else should be involved in this choice? The rapist? C'mon now.

Is a single-mother's decision to discipline her child not ust her business anymore either? Lemme guess, the absentee deadbeat dad that has worked himself through half the country should have a say in that too, eh?

People do not have souls, people are souls.

Prove it...

Do you honestly think I can't?

Gensis 2:7 KJV said:
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The word translated as soul in this verse is nephesh, which means breathing creature. I am sure you are willing to admit that people are living, and breathing, creatures. That makes people souls.

If you are honest you will rep me for this one since I just used the Bible to prove something science agrees with.

That is a different usage of the word soul. You wasted a lot of people's time with that irrelevancy.

Abortion in the case of rape occupies the same position as a woman who shoots her attacker but misses and hits an innocent bystander. It's awful, terrible, shouldn't happen, but we understand the motivations. Legally if a woman did shoot an attacker and hit a bystander, the attacker would be tried for murder. There is no reason why the same sense of proportion should not be applied to abortion. Charge the rapist for the murder of the unborn child.

Very few, rarely is an abortion the result of rape. Normally abortion is the result of carelessness, thoughtlessness and the same lack of regard for life as drunk driving. Women get pregnant because they simply don't want to be bothered either taking care of themselves or using protection. Even using contraception is an imposition on the freedom of women to do what they wish with their bodies. And they should. Except they want someone else, anyone else, to experience the consequences of their behavior besides them.
Right....pregnancy is never the fault of the man.

:lmao:

Men generally don't get pregnant. Usually when someone is an adult this has all been explained.

It is true that the left cares more about individual liberties than the right does. On the other hand, me me me seems to be the only thing the right cares about when it comes to gun control, health care, taxes, and other issues.

Women have privacy rights. It is backed up by the 9th 10th and 14th amendments. You don't like it? Don't get an abortion then.

Women do not have more rights than men.
If a woman wanted a hysterectomy I would say it's no one's business. But an abortion ends a human life. So it isn't just her business anymore.

Disagree. If abortion is not only the raped woman's business and thus solely her choice, then pray tell, who else should be involved in this choice? The rapist? C'mon now.

Is a single-mother's decision to discipline her child not ust her business anymore either? Lemme guess, the absentee deadbeat dad that has worked himself through half the country should have a say in that too, eh?

If a woman kills someone is it solely a private matter between her and the person she killed? No. It is an offense against the state. Ditto with abortion. The fetus cannot sue her, cannot ask for a stay from a court. That's what the state is for.
Disciplining a child seldom results in death or severe bodily harm. When it does the states becomes involved. Thanks for proving my point.

You are not the woman's conscience and have no say about it.

So a women should be forced to remember the worst thing that happen to her for the rest of her life? That is so barbaric and ridiculous and it tells women that only men know what they should do with their own body.

Or she should feel compelled to kill it because everyone else in her life would like to forget that she was raped? Or she should abort and go through PAS on top of the rape trauma? She is going to remember the rape regardless

A fetus is not a child. You guys don't decide for the woman who has been raped, or forced to have sex with a family member, of is in mortal danger.

You can your opinion but you don't decide anything for anyone.

We all have a right to life, even if you don't believe that rights come from the government the right to life is written into the constitution.

If the purpose of government is to protect the rights of those who cannot defend themselves because no one is less capable of defending their rights than an unborn child. Rape is a horrific crime, we all know that, but it does not justify anyone taking away the rights of an innocent person.

Roe v. Wade.

A woman does not need to justify anything to obtain an abortion. It is her body and she has absolute rights over her body.

She doesnt have rights over her child's body.

And no. She doesnt have an absolute right over her body. None of us do. There are alot of things we cant do to our body.

A fetus is not a child. You guys don't decide for the woman who has been raped, or forced to have sex with a family member, of is in mortal danger.

Roe v. Wade.

A woman does not need to justify anything to obtain an abortion. It is her body and she has absolute rights over her body.

And no. She doesnt have an absolute right over her body. None of us do. There are alot of things we cant do to our body.

Why not? We are members of this society. We have a right to say how we want that society to function. Murder is repugnant to many people, no matter how young the victim.

If the fetus's right to life is already established and protected by the Constitution,

why the support for a constitutional human life amendment to the Constitution, to do the same?

If you believe the first part of the above, then no amendment is needed. If you believe the amendment is needed,

then you're acknowledging that there is no such fetal right to life in the Constitution.

Which is it?

Last edited:
We all have a right to life, even if you don't believe that rights come from the government the right to life is written into the constitution.

If the purpose of government is to protect the rights of those who cannot defend themselves because no one is less capable of defending their rights than an unborn child. Rape is a horrific crime, we all know that, but it does not justify anyone taking away the rights of an innocent person.

Since Constitutional law has established that the fetus is not a person, any references to a person in the Constitution do not apply to fetuses.

Constitutional law once established that a man was not free simply because he lived in a place where slavery is illegal. You are going to have to do better in your defense of abortion.

Yes, and the Constitution was amended to change that. You're claiming the fetus is already protected as a person in the Constitution;

you are dead wrong.

At the very minimum, even if for sake of argument you set aside the issue of the right of a woman to have an abortion,

she certainly has the right NOT TO BE FORCIBLY IMPREGNATED.

When such a violation of that right occurs, it is the duty of the law in the interests of justice to provide the best remedy that it can,

and the most appropriate and just remedy in that case is to allow the woman the option to have an abortion.

There is no course of action - in that circumstance - more just than that.

Does a woman have a right not to be raped?

Yes.

Does a woman have a right to kill her rapist?

No.

Is killing ever a remedy for anything?

No.

I suggest you try again.

Why should I try again, you didnt refute anything I said.

You can have your opinion, but we will beat you senseless in the political arena for your lies. Rape, incest, danger of health and life. You and the minority will not change that. Nor is abortion murder.

Now invading Iraq was murder. Why do you think the senior Bushies don't travel in western Europe?

Why not? We are members of this society. We have a right to say how we want that society to function. Murder is repugnant to many people, no matter how young the victim.

Last edited:

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Roe v. Wade.

And this has been exploited to the inth degree sadly by the devil himself, who has since taken these words, and has since destroyed countless lives with them on a whim, wherefore by way of these women who saw this as a legal president set for them to go forth and destroy life at their free will, and (shockingly late term abortions), then they sadly begun doing so, and worse they began being influenced by the government or by bad doctors who then lined themselves up for this evil and the profits involved to begin taking place afterwards. It has caused the precious lives that had been placed within their wombs, and all because they simply didnot want the life that they had willingly laid down for, and did concieve to ever be born (knowing that one would get pregnant in the process), and so it was that it would be destroyed without intervention of, and this has been a traggic situation that had come to pass in America.

My opinion stands, that I don't agree with a rape victim having to bare the child of her rape perpetrator, but rather that she upon the very night or day of the rape, and within no more than a few hours afterwards, recieve a DNC immediately, as so a child wouldnot develope within her womb at all, especially out of an horrific situation as rape is or could be, and this goes for unwanted incest/rape as well. However if the woman wants to give an unwanted pregnancy a chance to create a baby out of a (highly unlikely she would), horrific situation, then that would be her choice as well.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic:

I just have to give some big props to Quantum. My position is (as I admitted) logically inconsistent. Quantum's is perfectly consistent. He and I disagree for that reason, but so what?

He isn't a bitch about it. He makes a damn fine logical argument and fields what shows up.

Good stuff, Quant.

Prove it...

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

The word translated as soul in this verse is nephesh, which means breathing creature. I am sure you are willing to admit that people are living, and breathing, creatures. That makes people souls.

If you are honest you will rep me for this one since I just used the Bible to prove something science agrees with.

Almost... science contends that we evolved from primordial ooze, but science is a little less than convinced about who did the first breathing and a LOT less convinced about the existence of a soul.

edit:
I need to cut the late night sessions here.
Since I can't remove the comment, let me say that I saw your point just as I pressed the send button.

Hey, we all make mistakes.

Prove it...

Your opinion doesn't translate into facts. Nor does your faith...

Are you saying I am wrong that we all breathe? Do you have any evidence to prove we don't?

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Your argument fails in the first two words - a person. A fetus is not a person.

You keep saying it, yet we are over 100 posts into this thread and not a single person has provided one bit of evidence to support that position. What does that say about your argument?

I did not argue the constitution, I pointed out that the constitution actually proves we have a right to life.

The Constitution protects a person (which a fetus is not) from being executed by the state without due process. It says nothing about personal medical decisions made by a private citizen seeking services from a private medical provider.

What evidence do you have to support your argument?

You quoted the Constitution to support your opinion. I used the Constitution to support mine.

Stalemate. The rest is only opinion.

You did not quote the constitution, you cited a Supreme Court decision.

and that decision is binding law as much as the document is....

Feel free to point out where I said it is not binding. Until you can, please actually stick to the points I am making in rebutting my arguments, that is what the CDZ, which you wanted, is supposed to be about.

Forum List

Back