Rapture anyday now!

So you try to deny the truth of god's holy inspired(god breathed) word??? ==not smart!!! Think!

After rapture day and you are left behind will you believe then??? Will you remember this post on that day??? Millions of believers will have vanished,what will you think??? What will you say??? What will you do???? Your only chance is to call out to god! Repent and confess your sins,accept jesus as your lord and savior though after the rapture the anti-christ will try to hunt you down and kill you!!! Why not wise up and be saved now????

Nonsense... The futuristic concepts of Revelation is a recent construct from the Darbyites and the Brethern.

The ancient manuscripts had this teaching and weren't translated by the Catholic church for 1500 years because they witheld the truth for 1500 years. The ancient manuscripts predate Darby and the Brethren.

Why not study ""all"" the word of god so you can have knowledge of what god has to say to mankind!!!

So you try to deny the truth of god's holy inspired(god breathed) word??? ==not smart!!! Think!

some people dont know the truth of it. Do you really think God is going to hold those who don't know the Bible is true to the same standard as those who know it's true and pretend to be holy while ignoring what it says?

Also, one can disagree with your interpretation of the Word of God without disagreeing with the Word of God.

Why not study ""all"" the word of god so you can have knowledge of what god has to say to mankind!!!

Because many foolishly believe the Bible is all God has had to say to mankind and all he will say to mankind and refuse to listen to anything else God has to say.

some people dont know the truth of it. Do you really think God is going to hold those who don't know the Bible is true to the same standard as those who know it's true and pretend to be holy while ignoring what it says?

Also, one can disagree with your interpretation of the Word of God without disagreeing with the Word of God.

I agree with you, and I will submit my response in two parts:

First:

I have studied the Bible for over 60 years and I find it to be somewhat confusing, so much so that Christians themselves passionately disagree on what the Bible says. Some Christians believe that justification is by faith alone and that good works are irrelevant; however, other Christians believe that salvation is through works, and faith without works is dead. Some Christians believe in the doctrine of "once saved always saved" whereby one cannot lose salvation after accepting Christ; however, other Christians believe that those who continue in sin after knowing of Christ are to be treated as an infidel or worse. Some Christians believe in a pre-tribulation rapture but others say the Book of Revelation precludes such an event.

Further, some Christians believe that Jesus is merely the Son of God, the Father being greater than the Son; however others believe that He is a co-equal part of a Divine Trinity, while still others believe He is God Himself. Some Christians believe that hell is a place where non-believers suffer eternal torment in burning flames; however, other Christians believe the souls of those of those who did not accept Christ are killed in the fire, while still others proclaim hell is not a place of cruel punishment but rather a place where non-believers are permanently separated from the presence God. There are many other theological disputes among Christians, yet all parties to such disputes point to verses in the Bible to prove their point. One thing is certain: although Christians hold different and contradictory beliefs, they are equally sincere in their own beliefs. Disagreements on various theological points does not make anyone either a stronger or weaker Christian than the rest.

SECOND:

I have always maintained that if there is a judging God, He will not judge us by what we believe but rather how we live our lives in accordance with those beliefs. I am convinced that is what a fair and just God would do. The Bible provides different punishment for those who sin in ignorance and those who sin deliberately. A person who sinned in ignorance was simply required to bring a sin offering to the priest once the nature of his sin become known. However, those who sinned knowingly and defiantly were not forgiven with a sin offering; instead, they had to bear the full consequences for their iniquity. The following passages are from the KJV:

“And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty; Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned. ….And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat of the lamb is taken away from the sacrifice of the peace offerings; and the priest shall burn them upon the altar, according to the offerings made by fire unto the LORD: and the priest shall make an atonement for his sin that he hath committed, and it shall be forgiven him" (Leviticus 4:27, 28, 35).

“And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the LORD, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him. Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously [knowingly and defiantly], whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him” (Numbers 15:27-31, explanatory insertion my own).

However, there is an even better example of God's tolerance of sins committed in ignorance. The greatest sin of all would certainly be the brutal murder of the very innocent Son of God. Yet, those who crucified Christ were forgiven because they were unaware of what they were doing. According to the Bible, Jesus Himself absolved them of any wrongdoing:

“And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left. Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots” (Luke 23:33-34, highlights my own).

Of course, all of this is just my own humble opinion.

Vox,

I love everybody in the whole wide world including Catholics.

The Catholics forbid people to read the Bible for almost 1500 years.

Preterism is a lie.

Chuck

stop lying.

you hate Catholics and by proxy the Orthodox and you spread the lies about them so you feel justified in your hatred.

Partial preterism is what the Church Fathers professed and I do trust those much more than some XIX or XVI century loons which declared that they know it better for their personal benefit, to start with.

You can believe whatever you want - i, personally, do not care.
Just do not pretend it is the only possible way.
and the rapture is simply laughable.
as is the LITERAL reading of the Bible and interpretation as you personally feel like it.

they do not.

What Bible did they have for 1500 years that they could read if that was a lie?

the same they have now and had all 2000 years.

where do you get these conspiracy idiocy about forbidding to read the Bible?

Looks like it is YOU who have not read it. as I proved you with the reference to the New Testament.

and you clearly lose the dispute as you reference to the pedophile scandals.
BTW the pedophile priests are in your Protestant churches as well - and absolutely not less than anywhere else. maybe even more as nobody is being defrocked and some denominations are even making openly gay men their priests.

So take a log form your own eye first ;)

stop lying.

you hate Catholics and by proxy the Orthodox and you spread the lies about them so you feel justified in your hatred.

Partial preterism is what the Church Fathers professed and I do trust those much more than some XIX or XVI century loons which declared that they know it better for their personal benefit, to start with.

You can believe whatever you want - i, personally, do not care.
Just do not pretend it is the only possible way.
and the rapture is simply laughable.
as is the LITERAL reading of the Bible and interpretation as you personally feel like it.

they do not.

What Bible did they have for 1500 years that they could read if that was a lie?

the same they have now and had all 2000 years.

where do you get these conspiracy idiocy about forbidding to read the Bible?

Looks like it is YOU who have not read it. as I proved you with the reference to the New Testament.

BTW the pedophile priests are in your Protestant churches as well - and absolutely not less than anywhere else. maybe even more as nobody is being defrocked and some denominations are even making openly gay men their priests.

What Bible did the Catholics read? There wasn't one because it wasn't translated.

We have Wycliffe's Bible in 1382 and we have the Catholic DOUAY-Rheims Bible in 1582. That is a difference of 200 years and I think the Catholics were forced to print it to compete. If you know your history and if it isn't a lie then show me a Catholic Bible translated for the masses before that because there wasn't one.

The Bible was one of the first textbooks in American schools so that people could read the Bible.

In order to serve in my church, you have to get a background check and not shuffled from one church to another. A lot of protestant churches are independent so you can't create a problem and get shuffled from one church to the next which is what the Catholic church has done with priests. Certain priests in the Catholic church have been accused multiple times. What the Catholic church should have done is remove the priest, report it to police and prosecute. They didn't do that.

Last edited:
After rapture day and you are left behind will you believe then??? Will you remember this post on that day??? Millions of believers will have vanished,what will you think??? What will you say??? What will you do???? Your only chance is to call out to god! Repent and confess your sins,accept jesus as your lord and savior though after the rapture the anti-christ will try to hunt you down and kill you!!! Why not wise up and be saved now????

Ok, you posted this thread about the rapture coming "any day now" almost a year ago.

Anything on the radar?

GREAT VIDEO ON BIBLE PROPHECY!!!===http://www.thegospel.com/clients/jvim-jack-van-impe-ministries/mediaplayer.asp?ID=364&vID=133

I'm going to church in the morning. It would be pretty awesome if the rapture happened during church service.

If it happens to you, great. The very idea that it might happen then should be enough to make you feel exalted.

Just don't be shocked if one or two members of the congregation don't get raptured with you (it's that Matthew 7:21-26 thingy).

Have a wonderful Sunday service and a joyful day.

Ok, you posted this thread about the rapture coming "any day now" almost a year ago.

Anything on the radar?

We don't know the hour, but the peace treaty with Israel will start the whole thing in motion.
And we are bound and determined to make them give God's land away. :(

Forum List

Back