Rapture anyday now!

WHO BUT ANTI-CHRIST AND PHARISEE TYPES WOULD TRY TO DENY THE TRUTH OF GOD"S INSPIRED (GOD BREATHED) ETERNAL WORD??==THE CATCHING UP "IS" THE RAPTURE!!!! TRY TO THINK AND UNDERSTAND!==16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be """caught up"""(RAPTURED) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. I THESSALIOANS 4:16-18

WHO BUT ANTI-CHRIST AND PHARISEE TYPES WOULD TRY TO DENY THE TRUTH OF GOD"S INSPIRED (GOD BREATHED) ETERNAL WORD??==THE CATCHING UP "IS" THE RAPTURE!!!! TRY TO THINK AND UNDERSTAND!==16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be """caught up"""(RAPTURED) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. I THESSALIOANS 4:16-18

there is no rapture.

Second Coming and Final Judgement is not rapture. That fantasy of the last 150+ years needs to be left behind ;)

Yes!!! The rapture is not the same as the second coming! Way to go!!! The rapture is seven years before the return of jesus to earth to destroy all evil and set up his kingdom on earth. Jesus says,"pray that you be counted weorthy to escape the years of the great tribulation =his judgments on a evil god rejecting sin loving world".

there is no rapture.

Second Coming and Final Judgement is not rapture. That fantasy of the last 150+ years needs to be left behind ;)

Some of us believe there is a rapture. The word rapture is in the Latin vulgate and is translated "caught up". The flood was a type of rapture. People like Elisha have been taken away in a fiery chariot. Noah wasn't judged with the rest of the wicked. Lot wasn't judged with the wicked. The Moses and the Israelites were spared and the Egyptians were not.

2 Kings 2 - Elijah Taken Up to Heaven - When the - Bible Gateway

Yes!!! The rapture is not the same as the second coming! Way to go!!! The rapture is seven years before the return of jesus to earth to destroy all evil and set up his kingdom on earth. Jesus says,"pray that you be counted weorthy to escape the years of the great tribulation =his judgments on a evil god rejecting sin loving world".

Tell ya what.............if you believe that the rapture is real, spend a bit of time on the internet and Google "Cotton Mathers" and the rapture.

Got news for you................it's a pretty recent invention.

And.....................fwiw..........................why decide to spend time being a pussy that gets taken up into the air to watch all the other souls be persecuted, when you could be one of the souls helping those who are persecuted find God?

Me? Leave me behind.................I like to fight, and I'm pretty sure that if I decided to stay on Earth and help others find salvation, God would appreciate that more than if I decided to flee.

there is no rapture.

Some of us believe there is a rapture. The word rapture is in the Latin vulgate and is translated "caught up". The flood was a type of rapture. People like Elisha have been taken away in a fiery chariot. Noah wasn't judged with the rest of the wicked. Lot wasn't judged with the wicked. The Moses and the Israelites were spared and the Egyptians were not.

I know some do. Some also do believe in millennium and so forth - which is a form of idolatry, btw.
However the belief is a relatively new invention (XIX century ) and has absolutely no foundation in the Bible.

Especially in the New Testament and the words of Our Lord Himself.
NOTHING supersedes His words.

There is NO rapture and there is not kingdom on earth.

When Jesus will come the Second time there is not going to be any 7 years or any fighting.

Didi you even know what HE HIMSELF said about the End Times?

Yes!!! The rapture is the answer to the prayer god's word says believers are to pray," pray that you be counted worthy to escape the wrath of god"=the great tribulation.

The RETURN of Christ to earth to destroy all evil and to set up his kingdom here!!

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. 13 He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses. 15 From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty. 16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great.”

19 And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

Doom of the Beast and False Prophet

20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone. 21 And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh.
revelation 19:11-21

there is no rapture.

I know some do. Some also do believe in millennium and so forth - which is a form of idolatry, btw.
However the belief is a relatively new invention (XIX century ) and has absolutely no foundation in the Bible.

Yes it does have foundation in the Bible. Catholics and Eastern Orthodox don't follow the Bible, I will remind you.

Yes it does have foundation in the Bible. Catholics and Eastern Orthodox don't follow the Bible, I will remind you.

I was talking about the word of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, not interpretation of the Revelation 20 or Daniel. HIS words supersede ANYTHING else. period.

NEVER did HE, Himself predict any raptures, millennial kingdoms and all other doomsday predictions a lot of protestants ( but not all of them) are more obsessed and interested in than the words of Our Lord Himself.

I was talking about the word of Jesus Christ HIMSELF, not interpretation of the Revelation 20 or Daniel. HIS words supersede ANYTHING else. period.

NEVER did HE, Himself predict any raptures, millennial kingdoms and all other doomsday predictions a lot of protestants ( but not all of them) are more obsessed and interested in than the words of Our Lord Himself.

I disagree.

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible

By Ruth Gledhill, Religion Correspondent
THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible | Suze Blog

The actual article can be found on the Time's Online which is now a pay site.

https://login.thetimes.co.uk/?gotoUrl=http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/europe/

The rest of the internet has figured out the news story except pewbies.

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible - Catholic Answers Forums

I disagree.

Then you have never read the New Testament.

your "beliefs" BTW is a form of idolatry, where you value your own INTERPRETATION of the words of other human beings, not the Lord's ones, more, than what He said Himself.

and spare me your hatred of Catholic or Orthodox Church.

neither one nor the Church fathers EVER considered the Old Testament more than a symbolic language.
and obviously enough the revelation is a description of the early Church persecution with some additional symbolism, but not a literal description of what yeat to come.

What is yet to come is described by Jesus Christ Himself

Matthew 24 ( and Mark and Luke) on what is going to happen.
Part of it already happened in the First century.

The Final Judgement and the Second Coming are yet to come

That is it. Nothing more.

Last edited:

I disagree.

your "beliefs" BTW is a form of idolatry, where you value your own INTERPRETATION of the words of other human beings, not the Lord's ones, more, than what He said Himself.

neither one nor the Church fathers EVER considered the Old Testament more than a symbolic language.
and obviously enough the revelation is a description of the early Church persecution with some additional symbolism, but not a literal description of what yeat to come.

Vox,

I love everybody in the whole wide world including Catholics.

The Catholics forbid people to read the Bible for almost 1500 years.

Preterism is a lie.

Chuck

I disagree.

Vox,

Preterism is a lie.

Chuck

stop lying.

you hate Catholics and by proxy the Orthodox and you spread the lies about them so you feel justified in your hatred.

Partial preterism is what the Church Fathers professed and I do trust those much more than some XIX or XVI century loons which declared that they know it better for their personal benefit, to start with.

You can believe whatever you want - i, personally, do not care.
Just do not pretend it is the only possible way.
and the rapture is simply laughable.
as is the LITERAL reading of the Bible and interpretation as you personally feel like it.

they do not.

Vox,

Preterism is a lie.

Chuck

stop lying.

you hate Catholics and by proxy the Orthodox and you spread the lies about them so you feel justified in your hatred.

Partial preterism is what the Church Fathers professed and I do trust those much more than some XIX or XVI century loons which declared that they know it better for their personal benefit, to start with.

You can believe whatever you want - i, personally, do not care.
Just do not pretend it is the only possible way.
and the rapture is simply laughable.
as is the LITERAL reading of the Bible and interpretation as you personally feel like it.

they do not.

What Bible did they have for 1500 years that they could read if that was a lie?
Why have 400 priests been defrocked?

APNewsBreak: Pope Defrocked 400 Priests in 2 Years - ABC News

Why would anyone look to the RCC in guidance of faith and morals when the Catholic church has a worldwide problem in this area?

After rapture day and you are left behind will you believe then??? Will you remember this post on that day??? Millions of believers will have vanished,what will you think??? What will you say??? What will you do???? Your only chance is to call out to god! Repent and confess your sins,accept jesus as your lord and savior though after the rapture the anti-christ will try to hunt you down and kill you!!! Why not wise up and be saved now????

Nonsense... The futuristic concepts of Revelation is a recent construct from the Darbyites and the Brethern.

Forum List

Back