Rapture anyday now!

Until the lunatics claiming the rapture is imminent give all their stuff away, we shouldn't dignify their insanity by listening to them. :)

I feel sorry for their pets.

All those poor scared dogs and cats and goldfish..staring upward..wondering when they will get their next scratch behind the ears...or meal.
:(

Serves them right cuz they don't have souls.

Isn't that right, "christians"?

Not so right Nudley. While they don't have human souls, God won't keep any good thing from us and delights in giving to His children. Your pets are only a request away. God is good, and He loves you. :eusa_angel:

Again Daws for the hundredth time:
The word rapture comes from the Latin, rapere used in the Vulgate circa 400 AD to translate the Greek word HARPAZ which is rendered by the phrase "caught up". The Vulgate is at your disposal, should you care to investigate further.

Paul used it, PRIOR TO 40 AD English literature used it in the 1400's, the 1600's and the 1700's. It was used by Ward in 1647 and by J. Edwards in 1693. It is in the Clavis Apocalyptica of 1627. And used also by theologian Paul Gill in 1745.
It was used hundreds of years before Darby came along.

The Greek word, harpaz is used 14 times in the Bible.

Christians are not to argue over Biblical doctrine, but most of the best and learned Bible scholars, past and present agree that there have been those raptured in the past, examples being Enoch and Elijah, and those who accompanied Christ to Heaven, and is prophesied to happen again. God's children are not appointed to God's wrath.

UGH. People do not float up into the sky and they never have whether they were Elijah or Jesus. Being taken up in a whirlwind is a euphemism for him being killed by an angry swirling mob, just like Jesus being taken up into heaven is a euphemism for his execution, disappearing behind a cloud, a known metaphor for a crowd of people, a crowd that was screaming for his blood. The more he asserted the truth, the more he was hated by those who loved and practiced deceit. Nothing supernatural about it, nothing too deep too rarified or too mysterious for even a child to understand.

Strive to be an honest person and maybe someday you too will be taken up into Heaven. So far things don't look so good for you. You seem to be working with extreme devotion to be left behind.

Oh well, to each his own.

Last edited:
After rapture day and you are left behind will you believe then??? Will you remember this post on that day??? Millions of believers will have vanished,what will you think??? What will you say??? What will you do???? Your only chance is to call out to god! Repent and confess your sins,accept jesus as your lord and savior though after the rapture the anti-christ will try to hunt you down and kill you!!! Why not wise up and be saved now????

If the god you imagine is like that, I'd rather eat shit and die...

'n, btw, I truly believe that you, and all others who hold beliefs such as yours, are absolutely full of shit...

You need to give Christ His judgement robe back. It isn't for you to decide who goes and who stays.

You take the Jesus of the Bible and then make up your own version of what happened to Him. If you believe in Jesus you need to listen to what He said, and not interpret what you think He said and then build your own religion around your imaginings.

What He said was no one can remove me from His hand. My fate is secure.

You need to give Christ His judgement robe back. It isn't for you to decide who goes and who stays. He can see a man's heart, you cannot. Judging me brings condemnation down on you, not me.

If you believe in Jesus you need to listen to what He said, and not interpret what you think He said and then build your own religion around your imaginings.

He said was no one can remove me from His hand. So, my fate is secure, as child of the Most High. I am His. Christ secured my place at my Father's table. My righteousness is in Christ.

Question...............................did anyone ever think that their place in Heaven was secured by their own works? Does anyone ever consider that their place in Heaven is secured by how they treat their fellow man (meaning fellow human, because women are considered as well)?

I mean........................didn't Jesus state that so as you treat the lowest (meaning the poor and oppressed), you treat Me as well? (Yeah.....................I paraphrased).

But seriously....................if we're all a part of God like Jesus taught, shouldn't we all treat each other as we would treat God?

Some of us seem to fall short of that goal.

You need to give Christ His judgement robe back. It isn't for you to decide who goes and who stays.

You take the Jesus of the Bible and then make up your own version of what happened to Him. If you believe in Jesus you need to listen to what He said, and not interpret what you think He said and then build your own religion around your imaginings.

LOL,,, yes, your fate is secure and self chosen. You worship a cookie, desecrate the teachings of Jesus and perjure yourself in the name of God on a daily basis.

people do not float up into the sky. Sometimes, especially in scripture the meaning of what is conveyed is not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

If you read that Jesus kicked the bucket, a euphemism, and interpret its meaning literally then what you believe it says becomes bullshit by your failure to comprehend.

"Therefore, listen carefully. Those who have will receive more, but as for those who don't have, even what they seem to have will be taken away from them." luke 8:18

Last edited:
BOTTOMLINE= BE READY OR BE LEFT BEHIND!!! YOUR CHOICE!!! '' THE CATCHING UP"" IS THE RAPTURE!!! For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be ""CAUGHT UP"" (RAPTURED) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 THESSALIOANS 4:14-18

Ill take my chances with faith in Jesus Christ and a belief in the scriptures instead of your doctrine.

The doctrine of the Rapture is as nonsensical as the dualism of the gnostics.

Believers are better off to stay away from such heresies. Even more than the Rapture, the gnostic dualism can lead to apostasy from the truth.

In my life, I've never heard of anyone getting kicked out of or disciplined in a normal church for believing in the rapture.

No have I. But I don't think Jake was talking tabout church discipline. I think he was talking about apostasy from the truth. And believe in any false doctrine can lead to that. One doesn't have to be kicked out of Church by the Church to kick oneself out with unbelief.

You need to give Christ His judgement robe back. It isn't for you to decide who goes and who stays. He can see a man's heart, you cannot. Judging me brings condemnation down on you, not me.

If you believe in Jesus you need to listen to what He said, and not interpret what you think He said and then build your own religion around your imaginings.

He said was no one can remove me from His hand. So, my fate is secure, as child of the Most High. I am His. Christ secured my place at my Father's table. My righteousness is in Christ.

Question...............................did anyone ever think that their place in Heaven was secured by their own works? Does anyone ever consider that their place in Heaven is secured by how they treat their fellow man (meaning fellow human, because women are considered as well)?

I mean........................didn't Jesus state that so as you treat the lowest (meaning the poor and oppressed), you treat Me as well? (Yeah.....................I paraphrased).

But seriously....................if we're all a part of God like Jesus taught, shouldn't we all treat each other as we would treat God?

We all fall short of that goal.

Again Daws for the hundredth time:
The word rapture comes from the Latin, rapere used in the Vulgate circa 400 AD to translate the Greek word HARPAZ which is rendered by the phrase "caught up". The Vulgate is at your disposal, should you care to investigate further.

Paul used it, PRIOR TO 40 AD English literature used it in the 1400's, the 1600's and the 1700's. It was used by Ward in 1647 and by J. Edwards in 1693. It is in the Clavis Apocalyptica of 1627. And used also by theologian Paul Gill in 1745.
It was used hundreds of years before Darby came along.

The Greek word, harpaz is used 14 times in the Bible.

Christians are not to argue over Biblical doctrine, but most of the best and learned Bible scholars, past and present agree that there have been those raptured in the past, examples being Enoch and Elijah, and those who accompanied Christ to Heaven, and is prophesied to happen again. God's children are not appointed to God's wrath.

Believing in the rapture, or not, isn't necessary for God's faithfulness to occur. God's will will be done regardless of what denominational belief a Christian follows.
Christ the Lord is our Savior, on that we all agree. :)
love it when you rationalize....
the rapture myth of today is not the same as being "caught up" which unless i'm wrong, is a euphemism for becoming a follower of belief system.
it has the same meaning as swept up.
it's not to be taken literally.

gods will is also a myth...

Last edited:
You need to give Christ His judgment robe back. It isn't for you to decide who goes and who stays.

LOL,,, yes, your fate is secure and self chosen. You worship a cookie, desecrate the teachings of Jesus and perjure yourself in the name of God on a daily basis.

people do not float up into the sky. Sometimes, especially in scripture the meaning of what is conveyed is not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

If you read that Jesus kicked the bucket, a euphemism, and interpret its meaning literally then what you believe it says becomes bullshit by your failure to comprehend.

"Therefore, listen carefully. Those who have will receive more, but as for those who don't have, even what they seem to have will be taken away from them." luke 8:18

So you believe Luke huh? Good:
And behold, two men were talking with Him; and they were Moses and Elijah, who, appearing in glory, were speaking of His departure which He was about to accomplish at Jerusalem.

Moses and Elijah? :eek: Christ's departure as something He accomplished? :eusa_shhh:
Far better we listen to what you think must have happened than the eyewitnesses.
And how about all of those fish and loaves of bread? Since man can't perform magic, only one ate lunch that day. The rest euphemised their stomach's were full.......
Since you can't cure blindness, neither could Jesus. The eye witnesses just pretended the blind could see, the lame could walk.
Mary and Martha just thought Lazarus rose from the dead because they didn't understand Christ the way you do.
Since men can't rise from the dead, the resurrection never happened either........

Hob, honey, there is a reason we are not to rely on our own understanding. You've rewritten the whole Bible based on yours, so we don't have to rely on Christ, or what He said, or what He did, or those that saw Him do it.......
Thanks, but forgive me, I'll stick with the Word, and not the Hob. :smiliehug:

Last edited:
Everyday since Raygun got in the White House, I've kept thinking that it can't get much crazier than this. But everyday it does.

Where's the rapture, it's about fucking time all you crazy christians got the fuck off this planet, you're wasting valuable oxygen.

Yes!!! Anyday millions of believers will be gone (caught up to meet jesus) and you??

You need to give Christ His judgment robe back. It isn't for you to decide who goes and who stays. He can see a man's heart, you cannot. Judging me brings condemnation down on you, not me.

We all fall short of that goal. Jesus told us to love one another, as He has loved us.
Sadly, we do unto others as others have done unto us. That's human nature. Which is why we need Christ.

Unless you can work off sin, and I find that concept nowhere in the Bible, then our works are like filthy rags compared to the work Christ did on the cross, which was to pay the price for our sins so that we wouldn't have to. He took the punishment in our place.
It was His gift to us. Therefore there is no condemnation for us to receive. Our works, or lack thereof, are judged for reward. On the other hand, salvation is through the sin free blood that was shed for us, and not of ourselves:
Titus 3:5 NOT BY WORKS of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost..

Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.”
:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Yes!!! Anyday millions of believers will be gone (caught up to meet jesus) and you??

I'm gonna take all your stuff when you leave.

You can have mine too. Stuff is worthless, compared to the riches laid up in Heaven by a Father that loves His children. I'm trading my home in for a mansion. And you can drive my car over all the potholes you can find. I prefer streets of gold.
On the other hand, you can just come with......

I'm gonna take all your stuff when you leave.

You can have mine too. Stuff is worthless, compared to the riches laid up in Heaven by a Father that loves His children. I'm trading my home in for a mansion. And you can drive my car over all the potholes you can find. I prefer streets of gold.
On the other hand, you can just come with......
funny how fantasy works ,ram wants heaven to be like Beverly hills or some other snooty idle rich neighborhood...
if I believed that heaven existed, why the hell would it need street of gold or mansions who is god trying to impress?

I didn't decorate Heaven, I didn't build the mansions, I didn't pave the streets. But I sure love being spoiled by my Father, who did. :)

…the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass. I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.…

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

Nothing but the best for God's children. Of course if that wasn't the case, you would condemn God for holding back..........

I'm sure we can find an ash pile for you, if you perfer. Myself, I like the finer things.

Last edited:
I didn't decorate Heaven, I didn't build the mansions, I didn't pave the streets. But I sure love being spoiled by my Father, who did. :)

…the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass. I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.…

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”

Nothing but the best for God's children. Of course if that wasn't the case, you would condemn God for holding back..........

I'm sure we can find an ash pile for you, if you perfer. Myself, I like the finer things.
you missed the point completely...or dismissed it as it fucks up your fantasy..
who ever wrote that suffered from the same inferiority complex you do.

Forum List

Back