Rapture anyday now!

Just remember the mockers and scoffers were laughing at old noah until the rain started then the laughing turned to crying,screaming and cursing!!!! Beware!

Are you kidding?

Getting rid of all the christian haters would be great for the planet.

Love the bubmper sticker I see around town ... Its on an old clunker of a wreck, reads,

"Comes the rapture, you can have the car".

Another prankster , care4all ?
If not , read your last sentence again -- out loud and slowly .
Now do you begin to see why 99.9% of people find your words silly and very annoying when repeated .
By all means hold your own opinion , but don't repeat your silly nonsense endlessly to others .

So you're the only one allowed to???

:eusa_hand:

I will never understand the fascination non-believers have with religious threads

:eusa_eh:

Dude? :eusa_eh: He aimed this thread at non-believers.

The reality is that pet care might not save them from the woes coming on the earth.

LOL.......what must a pet do to be saved?

If there was a war, what weapons would be used? What cities would be gone? What would happen if you couldn't get something as simple as milk? What would happen to the bread basket in this country? Your Supermarkets would be empty. You might have shortages like there were in World War II.

So?

As Jesus said, 'these things are bound to happen'.

Still, however scary the future might seem to you I see no reason to bow down in terror or deranged adoration before a false roman triune mangod whose description does not correspond to any real living being ever in existence but fits perfectly the description of the antichrist.

If all the signs are here and Jesus is about to appear, isn't that a good thing?

What are you so afraid of?

Just remember the mockers and scoffers were laughing at old noah until the rain started then the laughing turned to crying,screaming and cursing!!!! Beware!

Are you kidding?

Love the bubmper sticker I see around town ... Its on an old clunker of a wreck, reads,

When did I hate you? Do you think I am a Christian hater, Luddly? p.s. I don't believe in the rapture and no you cannot have my car! l'm going to drive the wheels off of it. - Jeri

Are you kidding?

First off - you are believing a lie. It's a political spin to counter an opposite point of ideology.
Christians are not haters.
Muslim Terrorists are the haters.

You would not like a world without values and morals.
Without those two things you would have a world that is all about no freedom and no joy, only suffering and misery.

The origin of Rapture False doctrine: John Darby 1830 AD

1. Rapture doctrine is one of the most recent "new doctrines" in the history of the Church. The only doctrine more recent is the invention of the sinner's prayer for salvation by Billy Sunday in 1930, which was made popular by Billy Graham in 1935.

2. The fact that John Nelson Darby invented the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine around 1830 AD is unquestionably true. All attempts to find evidence of this wild doctrine before 1830 have failed, with a single exception: Morgan Edwards wrote a short essay as a college paper for Bristol Baptist College in Bristol England in 1744 where he confused the second coming with the first resurrection of Revelation 20 and described a "pre-tribulation" rapture. However Edwards ideas, which he admitted were brand new and never before taught, had no influence in the modern population of the false doctrine. That prize to goes to Darby.

3. Prior to 1830, no church taught it in their creed, catechism or statement of faith.

Are you kidding?

I agree getting rid of all the Christian haters would be great for the planet. Why wouldn't I? You are after all a Christian hater because you hate Christians.

You do realize words mean things don't you?

BTW the difference between you an I is I want to get rid of them by converting them.

Are you kidding?

When did I hate you? Do you think I am a Christian hater, Luddly? p.s. I don't believe in the rapture and no you cannot have my car! l'm going to drive the wheels off of it. - Jeri

Why would you be a Christian hater? You don't hate Christians!

And quite frankly, he could have my car if he comes for it when the rapture occurs. But as there isnt a rapture, it will never occur and it's a moot point.

1. Rapture doctrine is one of the most recent "new doctrines" in the history of the Church. The only doctrine more recent is the invention of the sinner's prayer for salvation by Billy Sunday in 1930, which was made popular by Billy Graham in 1935.

2. The fact that John Nelson Darby invented the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine around 1830 AD is unquestionably true. All attempts to find evidence of this wild doctrine before 1830 have failed, with a single exception: Morgan Edwards wrote a short essay as a college paper for Bristol Baptist College in Bristol England in 1744 where he confused the second coming with the first resurrection of Revelation 20 and described a "pre-tribulation" rapture. However Edwards ideas, which he admitted were brand new and never before taught, had no influence in the modern population of the false doctrine. That prize to goes to Darby.

3. Prior to 1830, no church taught it in their creed, catechism or statement of faith.

Examining an Ancient Pre-Trib Rapture Statement

by Thomas Ice

All the saints and elect of God are gathered together before the tribulation, which is to come, and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see at any time the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins.

-Pseudo-Ephraem (c. 374-627)

It actually has evidence pre-Darby.

by Thomas Ice

All the saints and elect of God are gathered together before the tribulation, which is to come, and are taken to the Lord, in order that they may not see at any time the confusion which overwhelms the world because of our sins.

-Pseudo-Ephraem (c. 374-627)

It actually has evidence pre-Darby.

Anyone who knows William Bell and his criticism is not concerned one way or another with what he thinks.

No convincing, reliable existence of Rapture before 1830 exists.

John Darby may have been reading Isaiah 13 when he discovered the Rapture theory. Hosea 2:23 and Romans 9:23 is important to study here as well as the play on words with "Lo-ammi".

A proof that the prophecy relates to the last days, for of old the Assyrian fell before Babylon, being conquered by it. It is to be remarked that the Assyrian, not the beast nor Antichrist, is the subject of this prophecy. Under the Assyrian Judah was not "Lo-ammi," nor is he in this prophecy. In Babylon Judah was captive, and "Lo-ammi" written on the people. Hence we must not look for the beast. The Assyrian is the main enemy here.

Isaiah 13 Darby's Bible Synopsis

What does this quote have to do with anything? It is from Darby and his understanding. There is a play on words in the text. My commentary had one of the play on words and another woman's study Bible at a Bible study I was at was the only information that we had at the time. It talks about a different dispensation where God is going to call a people who are not His people. It is talking about after the rapture and the reason why the Church or Babylon isn't mentioned is because they aren't a focus of the passage because the Church isn't here. It is a Bible study well advanced past what most people can put together in a day or two because most people don't have the tools.

If you study the Bible and if you go by the Bible, you can't go by what the Catholic church taught. It simply hasn't been taught for years because you collectively are a nation of Biblical illiterates. You can't say it hasn't been taught because you collectively don't know what the Bible teaches.

Last edited:

Are you kidding?

First off - you are believing a lie. It's a political spin to counter an opposite point of ideology.

Without those two things you would have a world that is all about no freedom and no joy, only suffering and misery.

Most Christians HATE the invisible Truth. They can only love what they see.

Are you kidding?

bullshit! Christians hate just as much as Muslims...
morals and values existed long before Christianity or Islam were invented...

Are you kidding?

bullshit! Christians hate just as much as Muslims...
morals and values existed long before Christianity or Islam were invented...

and how moral or ethical is it to try to get people to believe in delusions and worship false gods and perversions of reality and then kill or treat as pariahs anyone who has the moral and ethical substance to disagree?

The doctrine of the Rapture is as nonsensical as the dualism of the gnostics.

Believers are better off to stay away from such heresies. Even more than the Rapture, the gnostic dualism can lead to apostasy from the truth.

BOTTOMLINE= BE READY OR BE LEFT BEHIND!!! YOUR CHOICE!!! '' THE CATCHING UP"" IS THE RAPTURE!!! For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be ""CAUGHT UP"" (RAPTURED) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 THESSALIOANS 4:14-18

The doctrine of the Rapture is as nonsensical as the dualism of the gnostics.

Believers are better off to stay away from such heresies. Even more than the Rapture, the gnostic dualism can lead to apostasy from the truth.

In my life, I've never heard of anyone getting kicked out of or disciplined in a normal church for believing in the rapture.

YOU CANNOT GO WRONG BELIEVING GOD'S WORD!!! GIVE IT A TRY!!!====THE CATCHING UP"" IS THE RAPTURE!!! For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be ""CAUGHT UP"" (RAPTURED) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 THESSALIOANS 4:14-18

Again Daws for the hundredth time:
The word rapture comes from the Latin, rapere used in the Vulgate circa 400 AD to translate the Greek word HARPAZ which is rendered by the phrase "caught up". The Vulgate is at your disposal, should you care to investigate further.

Paul used it, PRIOR TO 40 AD English literature used it in the 1400's, the 1600's and the 1700's. It was used by Ward in 1647 and by J. Edwards in 1693. It is in the Clavis Apocalyptica of 1627. And used also by theologian Paul Gill in 1745.
It was used hundreds of years before Darby came along.

The Greek word, harpaz is used 14 times in the Bible.

Christians are not to argue over Biblical doctrine, but most of the best and learned Bible scholars, past and present agree that there have been those raptured in the past, examples being Enoch and Elijah, and those who accompanied Christ to Heaven, and is prophesied to happen again. God's children are not appointed to God's wrath.

Believing in the rapture, or not, isn't necessary for God's faithfulness to occur. God's will will be done regardless of what denominational belief a Christian follows.
Christ the Lord is our Savior, on that we all agree. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back