Rational Americans vs Democrats (Tax Cut Edition)

All opinion and you're welcome to it but outside of your statement about the rich & spending cash I disagree.
I expect positive things out of the cut to corporate tax cuts.
Time will tell.

Do you think that the corporations were hurting for money which is why they were not raising wages or investing in infrastructure or what have you?
No I think MANY corporations place their operations out of country because of the tax code. That takes jobs offshore & revenue from those jobs out of the American pot.

A competitive tax code COULD bring some of those companies and jobs back.

All opinion and you're welcome to it but outside of your statement about the rich & spending cash I disagree.
Time will tell.

Do you think that the corporations were hurting for money which is why they were not raising wages or investing in infrastructure or what have you?

It’s not about hurting for money.

The United States has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. It makes us uncompetitive and is a disincentive for investment, job growth and the economy.

So stock prices are going to both rise and fall? Do you actually read this stupidity before you post it?

Ahh, my little partisan hypocrite, you try so very hard and fail so miserably.

Stocks are going to rise for a period, then will come the programed in to the system crash, which will bring them back down, in a much quicker manner.

You don't have a clue what makes stocks rise or fall, so why should anyone believe you?

I notice you didn't respond to the rest of my post. That's obviously because you know what I said is irrefutable.

Time will tell.

NO, they weren't hurting for money, but they viewed the economic climate under a Democrat regime as extremely risky. When you view the future as risky, you save your money. You don't go on a spending binge.

Time will tell.

NO, they weren't hurting for money, but they viewed the economic climate under a Democrat regime as extremely risky. When you view the future as risky, you save your money. You don't go on a spending binge.

When did you decide that deficits don't matter?

Time will tell.

The United States has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. It makes us uncompetitive and is a disincentive for investment, job growth and the economy.

While we do have a very high tax rate for our corporations, it is not like any of them actually pay that rate. It is all smoke and mirrors and by the time deductions and such are taken out our corp tax rate is actually less than 50% of the official rate.

People say that our corporations are at a disadvantage, yet these same corporations have been posting record breaking profits for a few years now.

Time will tell.

When did you decide that deficits don't matter?

The day Obama left office. as long as there is a Repub in the white house this guy will never care about such things.

Time will tell.

While we do have a very high tax rate for our corporations, it is not like any of them actually pay that rate. It is all smoke and mirrors and by the time deductions and such are taken out our corp tax rate is actually less than 50% of the official rate.

People say that our corporations are at a disadvantage, yet these same corporations have been posting record breaking profits for a few years now.

There’s a group called Bank Credit Analyst which tracks the actual corporate tax rate over time. And that rate currently is 26-28%.

But that is an average. Domestic corporations, particularly small and medium sized businesses pay a rate much closer to the statutory rate whereas big corporations pay a much lower rate.

We are also the only developed nation on earth that doesn’t have a territorial tax system. That’s why we have over a trillion dollars sitting in offshore accounts that wouldn’t be repatriated because of the hefty tax hit. That’s extremely inefficient.

The US tax code is a mess.

Time will tell.

I keep hearing how corprations don't actually pay the official rate after deductions. However, the IRS defines "income" as "revenue minus expenses," so you can't claim corporations don't pay the official rate because of deductions. I've never seen any of the leftwing numskulls who throw this claim around ever show how it was calculated. More than likely, it's just an outright fabrication.

Corporations don't pay 35% on their gross revenue. They pay it on their net income. They pay the full 35%.

What if DJT had refused to sign the tax reform without a 20% business tax and no reduction to the top earner bracket (or 40%).

Would leftist still attack?

I suppose a better question is:

Do leftist despise big and small business owners also? Or only the evil high income individuals? What about the guy who owns a pizza parlor? Taco hut? Barely getting by.....hoping things improve. Do you want them paying 40% also? Do leftists hate all?

Who do you/we hate?

Should any individual? family? tax form with more than $500K? $250K? W2 Gross income be stripped of 100% above your chosen level? Would that be good enough? Clayton Kershaw gets $30mil for 30 starts over six months. Do you we confiscate most of that?

I see no answers? I will ask again to my fellow leftist in the simplest manner possible......then follow up.

A.) How much should any single 1040 filer pay in yearly tax. No deductions, no funny math.

$0-$50K
$50K-$100K
$100K-$1mil
$1mil-$100mil...
$100mil-$1000mil
$1bil-infinity

Time will tell.

There’s a group called Bank Credit Analyst which tracks the actual corporate tax rate over time. And that rate currently is 26-28%.

But that is an average. Domestic corporations, particularly small and medium sized businesses pay a rate much closer to the statutory rate whereas big corporations pay a much lower rate.

We are also the only developed nation on earth that doesn’t have a territorial tax system. That’s why we have over a trillion dollars sitting in offshore accounts that wouldn’t be repatriated because of the hefty tax hit. That’s extremely inefficient.

The US tax code is a mess.

I can agree with your last sentence 100%.

Time will tell.

I keep hearing how corprations don't actually pay the official rate after deductions. However, the IRS defines "income" as "revenue minus expenses," so you can't claim corporations don't pay the official rate because of deductions. I've never seen any of the leftwing numskulls who throw this claim around ever show how it was calculated. More than likely, it's just an outright fabrication.

Corporations don't pay 35% on their gross revenue. They pay it on their net income. They pay the full 35%.

Here, educate yourself so you don't look like such an idiot all the time..

Effective Tax Rate vs. Marginal Tax Bracket: What You Need to Know

Time will tell.

That's for households, moron, not corporations. Apparently you're too big of a fucking idiot to understand that household income is determined differently than corporate income.

That's for households, moron, not corporations. Apparently you're too big of a fucking idiot to understand that household income is determined differently than corporate income.

Sorry that one was above your head, maybe this one will help. Though I am not holding my breath

Effective Tax Rate

Sorry that one was above your head, maybe this one will help. Though I am not holding my breath

Effective Tax Rate

That still doesn't how effective tax rate is calculated for corporations. Just as I expected, none of you snowflakes have a clue how this is calculated.

No banana.

Effective Tax Rate

That still doesn't how effective tax rate is calculated for corporations. Just as I expected, none of you snowflakes have a clue how this is calculated.

No banana.

I am sorry, I could not find one that was drawn in crayons no matter how hard I looked. I guess you will just have to run along now and hope that Santa brings you a clue

What if DJT had refused to sign the tax reform without a 20% business tax and no reduction to the top earner bracket (or 40%).

Would leftist still attack?

I suppose a better question is:

Do leftist despise big and small business owners also? Or only the evil high income individuals? What about the guy who owns a pizza parlor? Taco hut? Barely getting by.....hoping things improve. Do you want them paying 40% also? Do leftists hate all?

Who do you/we hate?

Should any individual? family? tax form with more than $500K? $250K? W2 Gross income be stripped of 100% above your chosen level? Would that be good enough? Clayton Kershaw gets $30mil for 30 starts over six months. Do you we confiscate most of that?

I see no answers? I will ask again to my fellow leftist in the simplest manner possible......then follow up.

A.) How much should any single 1040 filer pay in yearly tax. No deductions, no funny math.

$0-$50K
$50K-$100K
$100K-$1mil
$1mil-$100mil...
$100mil-$1000mil
$1bil-infinity
No answers?

43 yr old Single Mother with 5 sets of twins and 9 single kids wins $600mil in Illinois Powerball. She has never worked outside the 2br sect 8 apartment they all share. Unlikely she will ever work.

How much should she be allowed to keep?

Effective Tax Rate

No banana.

I am sorry, I could not find one that was drawn in crayons no matter how hard I looked. I guess you will just have to run along now and hope that Santa brings you a clue

ROFL. You obviously don't know how the calculation is done.

Do you actually believe you're fooling anyone?

prove that you are a hypocritical partisan hack that laughs at people for doing the exact same thing you do daily on this forum?

All anyone has to do is read your post and they will know that you are a hypocritical partisan hack. you prove that with almost every post.

No, dumbass, prove that you ever complained about the deficit when Obama was on the throne. Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

What would you like, a signed affidavit by those who have known me since the 80s?

By the way, we do not have a throne, but the fact that you think so tells us a lot about you.

Bottom line, there is only one of us in this discussion that cares about the debt, and it is not you.

Spare us. You're like a big neon sign that says "HYPOCRITE!" in flashing letters

This from the guy that cried for 8 years about the debt and now does not give a shit about it. Keep trying the deflection, but your own post give you away.

You do not give a fuck about the debt or deficit growing as long as you get a few bucks back in your paycheck. Fuck the future generation, you are getting yours and that is all that matters to you.
Just a quick question.

You joined this year but act as though you know someone's posting history of the last 8 years.
Are you an alt? Or are you just making assumptions?
I seriously doubt you weren't always as stupid as your posts.

Forum List

Back