🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Raw milk can be dangerous

if you're drinking raw milk, you're an idiot.
it really isn't up for debate.[/QUOTE

WTF

Having grown up in dairy country raised on raw milk,just like thousands of other in the area,just like every other dairy area around the country,you are full of shit. its just as risky to eat the food from road side stands,and local farmers markets,us your brain for more than a dope stash.

Yes the mutant ecoli brought in by illegals is apparently of a more virulent and deadly strain than the ecoli of yesteryear, incidentally.

Just don't drink raw milk offered by the government. And don't take their free blankets either. I've heard stories.

Amen.

My kids are Indian and I'm freaking over the thought of a rare, but suddenly (like since we opened the floodgates of hell) not so rare, respiratory virus ripping into them.

Oh my...how timely is this:

"More than 30 Lynn Community Health Center employees and 800 patients are being tested to determine if they were exposed to tuberculosis after center doctors confirmed a case.
Center Director Lori Berry says after confirming the single positive test for tuberculosis in a male health care worker around Labor Day, center medical workers contacted and tested employees as well as patients ‘‘having sufficient exposure to warrant testing.’’

Hundreds tested for TB in Lynn - Health - Boston.com

And where did the worker get it?

From serving immigrants.

Oh my...how timely is this:

"More than 30 Lynn Community Health Center employees and 800 patients are being tested to determine if they were exposed to tuberculosis after center doctors confirmed a case.
Center Director Lori Berry says after confirming the single positive test for tuberculosis in a male health care worker around Labor Day, center medical workers contacted and tested employees as well as patients ‘‘having sufficient exposure to warrant testing.’’

Hundreds tested for TB in Lynn - Health - Boston.com

And where did the worker get it?

From serving immigrants.
“Non-citizen residents can become undocumented/illegal/criminal in one of four ways: 1. by unauthorized entry, 2. when the employer fails to pay worker documentation fees, 3. by staying beyond the expiration date of their status or other authorization, or 4. by violating the terms of legal entry.”

“A quarter of all immigrants who have arrived in recent years have at least some college education.”

“How difficult is it to get a work visa for the US?”

“Once you have the job offer it's actually pretty easy. The company that offered you the job will do most of the work.”

This is a must see for anyone concerned with this countries new normal. Or big government as some call it.

“Dog Whistle Politics: How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class by Ian Haney Lopez”

Listen - Aired January 22, 2014 - 8:00am;
Racism in Politics Wisconsin Public Radio

Read - Posted on 2013-12-12;
Dog Whistle Politics How Coded Racial Appeals Have Reinvented Racism and Wrecked the Middle Class Free eBooks Download - EBOOKEE

Watch, Published on Jan 14, 2014;

or

or

"Two years ago, when Oregon parents Jill Brown and Jason Young met Brad and Tricia Salyers, the families had no idea that they would eventually be sharing in a tragedy that sickened four of the Salyers’ children and left Brown and Young’s youngest child, Kylee – 23 months old at the time – with such severe medical complications that she would need a kidney transplant from her mother.
"All of that and more happened beginning in April 2012 when the children were among 19 people – 15 of them under the age of 19 — who fell ill with E. coli O157:H7, a potentially fatal foodborne pathogen. Soon after, Oregon health officials determined that the outbreak was caused by raw milk from Foundation Farm near Wilsonville in Western Oregon — the Salyers’ family farm. Four of the sickened children were hospitalized with kidney failure.

"Foundation Farm had been providing 48 families with raw milk."

A Mom and a Dairyman Plead Don t Feed Children Raw Milk Food Safety News
With 3 cows? Ya right.

I already stated my issue. X2 for you. I said that undocumented workers pose a higher health risk in dairies, and that statement was challenged...on two levels..#1, that they aren't really a higher health risk (which we all know is hogwash) and #2, that there isn't a high percental of undocumented illegals working in the dairy industry.

So I supported my statements.

So what's your issue?
First, the subject of illegal aliens is a red herring. It's an attempt to change the subject to republican dog whistle politics when we are talking about the banning of raw milk.

Second, The average dairy farm in Wisconsin is 100 cows not 500 or 27,000. The average raw milk dairy is somewhere between 3 and 65, not to likely to be hiring any full time migrant farm hands from Mexico.

Third, is there really a choice if there is only one farmer within 100 miles willing to sell raw milk directly to consumers.

Fourth, when was the last documented case of TB in a raw milk consumer.

Fifth, you didn't say “higher health risk” you said “They also test positive for TB quite frequently.” So you are backpedaling and trying to make a straw-man.

Sixth, of all the issues, you want to warn raw milk consumers about Mexicans? How about raising the minimum wage or requiring 24 paid holidays and 6 weeks paid vacation like in Europe? What do you think that would do to the unemployment rate in this country?

Seventh, how much of our food even comes from the US?

Eighth, if we weren't selling our cheap government subsidized corn down there they would be looking for work up here.

Ninth, are we talking about undocumented workers, immigrants, or just Mexican in general?

First, no, the topic of illegals ISN'T a red herring, when we are talking about how unhealthy raw milk is, based on the fact that a dairy worker infected a bunch of people with a case of the nasties. Raw milk is as dangerous as the people who handle it, and a lot of the people who are handling the milk in the dairies are ILLEGALS and therefore the risk of infection is HIGHER.

And given this " It's an attempt to change the subject to republican dog whistle politics when we are talking about the banning of raw milk" you really shouldn't be talking about red herrings anyway. I will just assume you felt you had to make a bogus accusation in order to justify your own ridiculous red herring.

Second, your second point is irrelevant.
Third, yes there is a choice, that choice is to not buy raw milk from morons like you who apparently don't give a shit if their undocumented workers are infecting people.

Fourth, "Several infectious diseases that are rare in the native US population occur often in the Latin American population (table 1). Risk factors for these infections include limited access to safe food and water, overcrowding, poor nutrition, and exposure to insect vectors. The infections noted in immigrants from Latin America partly reflect these exposures. For example, fecal contamination is common and results in an increased risk for enteric infections. Animal husbandry practices are less safe in Latin America than in the United States, and meat products are often sold informally without screening for parasites having been done. Milk products may not be pasteurized. Overcrowding and poor nutrition may amplify transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and other respiratory pathogens. These exposures may continue after immigration to the United States [2]." Nough said. Infections in Hispanic Immigrants I am of the opinion that we take steps to AVOID infection of our milk supply...not wait until someone dies before engaging in safest practices.

Fifth, meh. Quibbling over semantics. Typical lefty obstructionism.

Sixth, I see it as an illegal immigrant issue, not necessarily a *mexican* issue...but you needed (again) a false statement so you could segue into you next big fat red herring, your lament about minimum wage. Sorry, not interested and it has nothing to do with the fact that it's risky to buy raw milk from places that hire illegals.

Seventh, oh look another red herring. Who cares? Not me. No relevance in this thread..but feel free to start another thread about..whatever it is you're trying to say here...

Eighth, again, oh look, a completely random commentary now about corn. Again, how does this influence the fact that it's stupid to buy raw milk that's been handled by undocumented workers?

Ninth, gads give it a rest, zealot.
“a dairy worker infected a bunch of people with a case of the nasties” That was speculation and they didn't say the nasties came from the worker. What makes you think Raw milk can be dangerous?

If you grew up on raw milk you don't know all the illnesses you missed out on and you don't know how dangerous the average American diet is. If raw milk is 9 times safer than pasteurized then it really doesn't matter if it is some times handled by your scary Mexicans.

Do you even know what dog whistle politics is?

I'm a consumer not a producer. I didn't grow up on raw milk so I know the difference. Do you?

“infectious diseases that are rare in the native US population” are not found in raw milk.

Name calling is a sure sign of a weak argument. What were my choices again?

If they do it to them they'll do it to you.

If you don't care what country your food comes from why would you care who handles it here?

I'm sure some of your buddies in the white house let undocumented workers raise their children.

Your entire argument is a straw man since no one is suggesting anyone should buy anything from a company employing undocumented workers. That would be worse than buying from Walmart.

Forum List

Back