Ray Ciccarelli quits Nascar over Confederate flag ban.

You hate them both for some reason.

No I only hate the confederate flag and I'm not even black.

And yet you agree with the policies of this flag, you jew hating bitch.

th

Here's what I believe is why there is and has for many many years been such a resistance to getting rid of the Confederate flag.

One side will say the flag represents the support of slavery, and the traitorous secession from the United States.

The other side will say, the flag represents their heritage, and their region of the country, and that they are not being pro-slavery at all.

Both sides are right, but here's where I believe the issue gets really bogged down, and why there is so much disagreement about what should be done.

At the end of WWII and the Nazis were completely defeated, all sides including the Germans went in and destroyed all of the symbolism of the Third Reich including swastikas, and any monuments to Hitler or any other relative symbols. From that very point, it was made clear that nothing about the Third Reich would be allowed or tolerated.

This did not happen with the Civil War.

Symbols, like the Confederate flag, were not destroyed, and in fact the flag was officially incorporated into several southern state flags.
This allowed the flag over the decades to morph into other perceptions and meanings, away from the original battle flag.
For instance, lets say you were born in 1940 in Georgia. You would have been born many decades after the end of the Civil War. You would look up at your state's flag, and you would see what was the Confederate flag incorporated into your state flag. TO YOU in 1940, the site of the stars and bars represents your home, and your heritage, but very UNLIKELY a pro-slavery stance.

It's understandable that black Americans are disgusted by the site, and from their perspective, I would be too.

However, today, to other people it simply is a reflection of their area of the country.

At the end of the Civil War, if the victors would have destroyed all of the Confederate symbolism, and not allowed these symbols going forward, to become entrenched and evolve into new meanings to the locals, especially the flag, it's likely we would not be having this controversy today.

Nascar desperately seeking someone to regularly finish 28th!!

Seriously, the guy has never won (or even come close to) a race.

Seems kinda funny to me.
Neither did Danica patrick who took up a man's spot before she retired. What made it worse was that she was given more press then the best. This is the problem across most every job in this nation. That is a good reason we are in decline.

Why are Democrats trying to erase symbols of their own history? The confederacy is part of American history, and its flags and symbols also represent many good southern values and way of life to many people. In other words it may have negative implications in a historical context, however the suggestion that anybody waving a confederate flag is a racist is ridiculous.

Seems kinda funny to me.
Neither did Danica patrick who took up a man's spot before she retired. What made it worse was that she was given more press then the best. This is the problem across most every job in this nation. That is a good reason we are in decline.
She ran in the 25th spot most of the time and destroyed a bunch of equipment. Big Trumphumper.

However, today, to other people it simply is a reflection of their area of the country.

At the end of the Civil War, if the victors would have destroyed all of the Confederate symbolism, and not allowed these symbols going forward, to become entrenched and evolve into new meanings to the locals, especially the flag, it's likely we would not be having this controversy today.

They did not destroy the Naval Memorial at Kiel.. I've been there several times.. Huge walls with memoriums to EACH SHIP that the 3rd Reich lost... Ships named after Nazis in some instances.,. And even as a Jew, I actually was MOVED at the carnage.. There are OTHER "war memorials" to remember the DEAD all over Germany.. Govt APPROVED ones...

RIGHT NOW -- Spain is struggling with the secession of Catalonia.. And issue that goes BACK to the Spanish Civil war... Catalonia has ALWAYS been an autonomous (in some fashion) region and FOUGHT to remove dictator Franco in 1975..

Here's THEIR FLAG on display !!!!

1591984969619.jpeg

By YOUR LOGIC -- if the govt of SPAIN had just OUTLAWED the Catalonia flag completely -- THOSE PROTESTS would not be happening today...

Think the virtue signaling left should worry more about one of the MOST INSIDIOUS VESTIGES of SLAVERY -- that THEY are purposely ignoring.. And that is the NAME -- Democrat ... THE party of Secession and slavery.. The party of one RACIST PREZ after another in the 19th and 20th centuries.. The party of Maddux and Wallace, Bull Connor and Robert KKK BYRD...

The party that has ALWAYS attempted to DIVIDE this country since the 1800s... What's a good NEW name and symbol for this party in the interest of peace and "wokeness".,...

J

Seems kinda funny to me.

he thinks he can make MORE money by making a political statement and hoping conservatives start a GOFUNDME page for him;

or FOX news will hire him
I'm betting on Faux.

Seems kinda funny to me.
Yeah, I could understand why that would seem kinda funny to you

Women dressed as fucking giant vagina's
to take a stand for killing babies are your comparative standards
I wasn't comparing him to anything.

I was laughing at him.

Seems kinda funny to me.
Yeah well he may not be a winner but at least he's got two or three things you don't guts, brains and a spine.

Seems kinda funny to me.
His career has been good enough to make him a millionaire. :dunno:

Seems kinda funny to me.
Yeah well he may not be a winner but at least he's got two or three things you don't guts, brains and a spine.
You don't actually know either one of us.

BFD- you wanna see real racing this is where you can do it.

Forum List

Back