Re-Evaluating Newt..

But if your goal is, "Heck, I'm just gonna get the government job, scratch my balls and drink coffee until 10 PM, and I'll get paid more than a teacher" that's nuts. That's totally senidng the wrong message.

You only exhibit your ignorance and hate to those of us who have worked in the public sector.

Pity.

Although it is commonly assumed teachers' wages top the salaries of custodians, an NBC New York analysis of public payrolls shows many custodians make more money than even the highest paid city teachers.

Which is something conservatives should agree with, given their contempt for teachers.

Also, check the income nation-wide for both professions, you’ll find the cited example the rare exception.

You think companies owe you, so what's the difference?

Besides, you think its a good idea that the way to teach kids a good work ethic is to fire the people they are replacing? IOW, its bad if companies fire American workers and hire foreign workers but its good if the government fires American workers and replaces them with child labour?

lol

Umm, how about the fact they are FOREIGNERS to start with.

As in "NOT AMERICANS".

I know this is a hard concept for you to grasp, that the American government should do what is best for AMERICANS. And so should corporations if they want to do business here.

But I think you miss the point of the whole issue. The point is to teach the kids A WORK ETHIC. I learned a work ethic at a very early age. First job was working at a pizza place for some really obnoxious people. That just inspired me to work harder and get more education and more skills.

I expect that to be a fair exchange, not that companies "owe" me. I mean, I already know they are going to rip me off, that's the Wall Street Way. Constant vigilance.

Frankly, I've been inside a few public schools. The janitors need to be fired. Went to one in Cicero in 2000 when I took training to work on the Census. The place was a dump. Literally falling apart.

My uncle and cousins were janitors in public schools and I did janitorial work on the weekend in college. So fuck you.

But, once again, you miss the point. You teach the kids to work hard so they'll learn that ... one day they'll be fired! That's moronic.

And yeah, you think companies owe you a job because you're an American.

Do companies owe you a job because you're poor?
Do they owe you a job because you're a veteran?
Do they owe you a job because you're underprivilaged because of any of a number of Democrat special interests, ie, unions, firefighters, policemen, minorities, etc?

Does any company owe anyone a damn job?

But if your goal is, "Heck, I'm just gonna get the government job, scratch my balls and drink coffee until 10 PM, and I'll get paid more than a teacher" that's nuts. That's totally senidng the wrong message.

You only exhibit your ignorance and hate to those of us who have worked in the public sector.

Pity.

Although it is commonly assumed teachers' wages top the salaries of custodians, an NBC New York analysis of public payrolls shows many custodians make more money than even the highest paid city teachers.

Which is something conservatives should agree with, given their contempt for teachers.

Also, check the income nation-wide for both professions, you’ll find the cited example the rare exception.

Guy, I've worked in the public sector. When I was in the military, it was always a joy to deal with those union guys at the depot who were civilian employees.

Even though what I had to do should have never taken more than an hour, I usually had to blot out my whole day working around their breaks, laziness, and lack of concern. And that's when they weren't outright stealing stuff.

Fact is, most of these people would never make it in the private sector. It's almost like we have two separate work ethics...

I was brought up in a Union Household. The problem with Unions is that they lost their way a long time ago when they became the ATM for the Democratic Party. They haven't been about the vast majority of us working folks for a long time, just preserving their benefits.

On the other hand, the GOP is your friend. :lmao:

Well, if their greatest aspiration is to be a Janitor, what does that say...

What's it to you? Seriously, why the snobbery? The janitors at the schools where I've worked are on their feet all day-when have you been in a school to see any different?

I was brought up in a Union Household. The problem with Unions is that they lost their way a long time ago when they became the ATM for the Democratic Party. They haven't been about the vast majority of us working folks for a long time, just preserving their benefits.

On the other hand, the GOP is your friend. :lmao:

What's it to you? Seriously, why the snobbery? The janitors at the schools where I've worked are on their feet all day-when have you been in a school to see any different?

It's menial work... it should be treated as such.. Sorry, it really is.

But the crazy land we live in, Janitors can make more than teachers. Just think, all that time they wasted going to school.

Incidently, I don't have any illusions that either party is my 'friend'. They are friends to the people who pay for their campaigns.

It's when their friends interests conflict with mine, whether it is the GOP pushing another idiot trade bill when nothing good has ever come of them or the Democrats insisting on protecting unionized schools.

Oh, another point. I didn't go to a Public School.... I went to Catholic Schools where the janitors and teachers weren't unionized.

And do you know who went to that same school? All the kiddies of the Democratic Machine Politicians. I went to the same grammar school as the Lipinskis (IL-3) sent their kids to, and I went to the same Catholic High School that has produced no less than FIVE Chicago Mayors. I hobnobbed with a couple of kids who were the sons of Mayor Bilandic's aides...

In short, Democratic politicians are all for public education and their lazy janitors and incompetant teachers. But they'd never inflict it on their own kids. Get that kid into a private school.

Do they owe you a job because you're underprivilaged because of any of a number of Democrat special interests, ie, unions, firefighters, policemen, minorities, etc?

Nope.

But its beyond moronic to fire people just to teach the kids the value of hard work.

I think anyone who believes this should volunteer to be fired and give their job to a kid from a poor neighborhood so he can learn the value of work. And the firing should be very public and applauded by politicians for this "wisdom."

Or, how about politicians who support this give up their salary and use it to pay poor kids to sweep the streets?

Last edited:

Nope.

But its beyond moronic to fire people just to teach the kids the value of hard work.

I think anyone who believes this should volunteer to be fired and give their job to a kid from a poor neighborhood so he can learn the value of work. And the firing should be very public and applauded by politicians for this "wisdom."

Or, how about politicians who support this give up their salary and use it to pay poor kids to sweep the streets?

I think you got fuzzed up in the translation there somewhere, Toro. You don't fire people, kids or adults, to teach them the value of hard work. You fire people because they don't do the work they were hired to do. The lesson learned is that a job is a contract between an employer and an employee. The employee isn't working to increase the wealth of his employer but to increase his/her own wealth. The employer isn't paying a person to increase that person's wealth but rather to get work done that will increase the employer's profits. But in each looking to their own interests, each benefits as well as others who want and will pay for whatever product is produced.

THAT is what we need to be teaching kids. Their employer owes the employee not one damn thing more than was agreed in the employment contract and the employee owes the employer not one damn thing more than was agreed in the employment contract. However, hard work can make the employee's labor more profitable for the employer, and a smart employer will reward that with a better and more lucrative contract.

I think you got fuzzed up in the translation there somewhere, Toro. You don't fire people, kids or adults, to teach them the value of hard work. You fire people because they don't do the work they were hired to do. The lesson learned is that a job is a contract between an employer and an employee. The employee isn't working to increase the wealth of his employer but to increase his/her own wealth. The employer isn't paying a person to increase that person's wealth but rather to get work done that will increase the employer's profits. But in each looking to their own interests, each benefits as well as others who want and will pay for whatever product is produced.

THAT is what we need to be teaching kids. Their employer owes the employee not one damn thing more than was agreed in the employment contract and the employee owes the employer not one damn thing more than was agreed in the employment contract. However, hard work can make the employee's labor more profitable for the employer, and a smart employer will reward that with a better and more lucrative contract.

That is what Newt is advocating. Get RID of janitors in schools, and HIRE poor kids. Get rid of = fire.

That is what Newt is advocating. Get RID of janitors in schools, and HIRE poor kids. Get rid of = fire.

Right.

Newt said we should fire all the janitors and hire kids.

Instead of firing the working stiff, Newt should give his entire salary to fund a program which hires kids to sweep the streets.

Right.

Instead of firing the working stiff, Newt should give his entire salary to fund a program which hires kids to sweep the streets.

So if the kids can do the job the janitor is doing, why not use the kids who want to do it? I worked my way through college in part working for the university I attended doing any work that was available. By utilizing as much student labor as possible, the university was able to keep tuition, books, and fees affordable for the student.

You have a problem with that?

Right.

So if the kids can do the job the janitor is doing, why not use the kids who want to do it? I worked my way through college in part working for the university I attended doing any work that was available. By utilizing as much student labor as possible, the university was able to keep tuition, books, and fees affordable for the student.

You have a problem with that?

And you should be fired if someone can do your job better for cheaper too. Right?

But that's not the point. If you want to teach kids the value of work, firing people who go to work is a very bad lesson. "Gee, if I come into work every day and do my job, maybe I will be rewarded by being fired one day."

:thup:

Outstanding.

And you should be fired if someone can do your job better for cheaper too. Right?

But that's not the point. If you want to teach kids the value of work, firing people who go to work is a very bad lesson. "Gee, if I come into work every day and do my job, maybe I will be rewarded by being fired one day."

Outstanding.

Yup. If you ain't doing the job, if you are scratching your balls and drinking coffee until 10 AM, and if you think that you can be a slackoff because you belong to a union, then you should be fired. And it will be a very good object lesson to young kids.

Hard workers stay.

Slackoffs get fired.

Like I said earlier, fuck off.

Except in Cloud Cookoo Liberal Land :cuckoo: where the Janitors make more than the teachers.

Like I said, my first job, at 16 was making Pizzas for $1.50 an hour. It was an unpleasent job, horrible place to work. That just inspired me to get better jobs, acquire more skills, even go back to school from time to time to fill in gaps that I needed to fill in.

School Custodians Earn More Than Bronx Teachers | NBC New York

Teachers in at least one Bronx school earn less money than the building custodian, a stat that has surprised students and parents.

According to the union contract governing New York City Custodian Engineers, the men and women responsible for keeping school buildings clean and operating can make up to $114,000 a year in base pay. The highest paid teacher, with a masters degree and decades of tenure, can hope to make just over $100,000 in base pay.

Fuckin' insanity...

That's a different issue, you idiot.

And if your boss can find a Chinese person who can do your job for 1/10th your salary, you should be fired too.

Outstanding.

Yup. If you ain't doing the job, if you are scratching your balls and drinking coffee until 10 AM, and if you think that you can be a slackoff because you belong to a union, then you should be fired. And it will be a very good object lesson to young kids.

Hard workers stay.

Slackoffs get fired.

I guess that's why American manufacturing is moving to China. They just work harder over there.

That's a different issue, you idiot.

And if your boss can find a Chinese person who can do your job for 1/10th your salary, you should be fired too.

And he should have a HUGE Value Added Tax and Tariff added to it when it does.

And pay humongous fines when that product is inferior or dangerous, as it often is.

Like the guy who imported the stuff with the lead paint, or the toothpaste with the anti-freeze in it. Harvest that boy for Transplant Organs, just like his Chinses buddies do. :lol:

I mean, if you want us all to be like the Chinese, I would LOVE to treat you wallstreet bloodsuckers the way the Chinese treat their corporate screwups...

Outstanding.

Hard workers stay.

Slackoffs get fired.

I guess that's why American manufacturing is moving to China. They just work harder over there.

SUre they do, they'll be shot if they aren't...

Yeah, again. How bout those kids beads that had the Roofies in them. I mean,nothing like putting the "Date Rape" drug in kiddie toys, eh?

Last edited:

Outstanding.

Hard workers stay.

Slackoffs get fired.

Gee, I hope he enjoyed the trip to the school you provided for him.

Apparently only if the janitors are unionized and the kids are poor. I imagine if the kid wants to be an electrician, they can be hired to splice in to trunk cables, they want to work in the cafeteria they will fire the lunch ladies; shit why not let the kids teach the classes too.

Get ready for some wing nut to come in with the classically stupid "good idea" at this point.

Hard workers stay.

Slackoffs get fired.

Gee, I hope he enjoyed the trip to the school you provided for him.

Please, guy. Comparing American workers to lazy union slugs in government jobs is kind of insulting.

Have honestly seen the shit that comes over from China. It mostly falls apart.

But you see, this moron can't see past the fact that when you take away our industrial infrastructure and give it to a totalitarian regime that slaughters its own people for transplant organs, you are making this country weaker.

Some would call that treason.

And he should have a HUGE Value Added Tax and Tariff added to it when it does.

Oh, you're for tax increases now too! Über-RINOs have no problem raising taxes on Americans!

Somehow, I don't think "raising taxes" is going to be on the GOP platform. You know, since you are so anti-capitalist, there is another party that you might feel more comfortable in.

Forum List

Back