Reactionaries

Redfish

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2013
The Big Easy
Liberals use this term to describe anyone that they don't like. Do any of you libtards know the meaning of the word?

re·ac·tion·ar·y (r-ksh-nr)
adj.
Characterized by reaction, especially opposition to progress or liberalism; extremely conservative.
n. pl. re·ac·tion·ar·ies
An opponent of progress or liberalism; an extreme conservative.

Seems like liberals are using this term correctly. I do not get your point.

reactionary - definition of reactionary by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

thats the liberal definition:

here is the real one:

As the debate for the hearts, mind and soul of Americans rages, the need to clearly understand the correct application and meaning of a Reactionary in today’s Newspeak political world is crucial. The slurs slung for contemptuous connotation illustrate the fear that people will one day wake up to their true heritage. Consequently, let’s get the term correct. A Reactionary is a rational moralist combating cultural and political insanity. A Reactionary is not a power elite seeking to coerce skeptics to accept reason. Reason applies free will to accept voluntary limits upon personal excess, social deviance and political compulsion, is the true objective of a rational reactionary. Restraint on the reach, range and scope of government is its core political principle.

re·ac·tion·ar·y (r-ksh-nr)
adj.
Characterized by reaction, especially opposition to progress or liberalism; extremely conservative.
n. pl. re·ac·tion·ar·ies
An opponent of progress or liberalism; an extreme conservative.

Seems like liberals are using this term correctly. I do not get your point.

reactionary - definition of reactionary by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

"Progress"?! LOL! Clearly, a definition written by a leftist. Progress is a subjective term.

More accurately and typically defined:

relating to, marked by, or favoring reaction; especially: ultraconservative in politics

of, pertaining to, marked by, or favoring reaction, especially extreme conservatism or rightism in politics; opposing political or social change. --Dictionary.com
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/reactionary

(of a person or a set of views) opposing political or social liberalization or reform. --Oxford Dictionaries
http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/reactionary

strongly opposed to any social or political change --Macmillan Dictionary
http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/reactionary

Last edited:
So now you guys are writing your own dictionaries?

"As the debate for the hearts, mind and soul of Americans rages, the need to clearly understand the correct application and meaning of a Reactionary in today’s Newspeak political world is crucial. The slurs slung for contemptuous connotation illustrate the fear that people will one day wake up to their true heritage. Consequently, let’s get the term correct. A Reactionary is a rational moralist combating cultural and political insanity. A Reactionary is not a power elite seeking to coerce skeptics to accept reason. Reason applies free will to accept voluntary limits upon personal excess, social deviance and political compulsion, is the true objective of a rational reactionary. Restraint on the reach, range and scope of government is its core political principle."

And please cite the author and try not to pass this jibberish off as your own. I found your plagerism in two minutes. For someone who uses the term libtards you are not very smart.

What It Means To Be A Reactionary

"As the debate for the hearts, mind and soul of Americans rages, the need to clearly understand the correct application and meaning of a Reactionary in today’s Newspeak political world is crucial. The slurs slung for contemptuous connotation illustrate the fear that people will one day wake up to their true heritage. Consequently, let’s get the term correct. A Reactionary is a rational moralist combating cultural and political insanity. A Reactionary is not a power elite seeking to coerce skeptics to accept reason. Reason applies free will to accept voluntary limits upon personal excess, social deviance and political compulsion, is the true objective of a rational reactionary. Restraint on the reach, range and scope of government is its core political principle."

And please cite the author and try not to pass this jibberish off as your own. I found your plagerism in two minutes. For someone who uses the term libtards you are not very smart.

sorry, I left off the cite: What It Means To Be A Reactionary

my point is that the word does not have to have a negative connotation to it. Being opposed to radical liberalism is a positive attribute.

Last edited:

my point is that the word does not have to have a negative connotation to it. Being opposed to radical liberalism is a positive attribute.

you cite to a source identifying Joe McCarthy as a man of courage. LOL You could not possibly have so destroyed your own thread. This is like the bud light commericial saluting real men of genius.

Last edited:

Funny to have some teabagger reactionary complain about folks not knowing the meaning of the word "reactionary" and then make up his own meaning. Also funny that he uses progressive, liberal, and "libtard" to characterize people in the very way he is complaining about.

you cite to a source identifying Joe McCarthy as a man of courage. LOL You could not possibly have so destroyed your own thread. This is like the bud light commericial saluting real men of genius.

it always amazes me how you liberals resort to insults rather than address the topic at hand.

The term reactionary is always used by liberals in a negative context, I was just trying to point out that it is not automatically a negative word. "reacting" negatively to radical liberalism is not a negative, it is a positive.

But I guess the whole concept is too complex for you on the left.

Funny to have some teabagger reactionary complain about folks not knowing the meaning of the word "reactionary" and then make up his own meaning. Also funny that he uses progressive, liberal, and "libtard" to characterize people in the very way he is complaining about.

stated like a true "libtard". Have you sought treatment for that defective liberal gene? Its known as DRD4.

it always amazes me how you liberals resort to insults rather than address the topic at hand.

The term reactionary is always used by liberals in a negative context, I was just trying to point out that it is not automatically a negative word. "reacting" negatively to radical liberalism is not a negative, it is a positive.

No we get it just fine. Liberal is also not automatically a negative word. As the country acts more liberally towards social policies that is a positive.

Dictionaries schmidtionaries.

Get this straight: the contemporary American conservative/libertarian is a classical liberal of the Lockean tradition. His socio-political philosophy is that of the Founding Fathers, the most radically liberal theory in all of world history.

You leftists are collectivistic conformists, statists bootlicks of the Jacobinian, Marxist, and/or Fascist tradition.

Liberals use this term to describe anyone that they don't like. Do any of you libtards know the meaning of the word?

It was originally coined by the Russian communists and applied to anyone who objected to the communist dictatorship. Anyone who uses the term is a commie.

No we get it just fine. Liberal is also not automatically a negative word. As the country acts more liberally towards social policies that is a positive.

thats your opinion, personally I don't think the society is made better by abortion on demand and gay marriage.

A society with no morals and no ethics is a doomed society. History has proven that many times.

Last edited:

The term "reactionary" was coined by communists to refer to anyone who objected to their totalitarian rule. So we understand what that makes the people who use the term.

Wrong. "Liberal" is automatically a negative word. These days it refers to someone who is indistinguishable from a communist.

thats your opinion, personally I don't think the society is made better by abortion on demand and gay marriage.

A society with no morals and no ethics is a doomed society. History has proven that many times.

You forgot to say what YOU believe to be morals and ethics. Why do you not just stay out of other people's bedrooms and vaginas?

Dictionaries schmidtionaries.

Get this straight: the contemporary American conservative/libertarian is a classical liberal of the Lockean tradition. His socio-political philosophy is that of the Founding Fathers, the most radically liberal theory in all of world history.

You leftists are collectivistic conformists, statists bootlicks of the Jacobinian, Marxist, and/or Fascist tradition.

The founding fathers were not all of the same ideology and to lay claim that they would approve of your political ideology, whether it is right or left, is foolish.:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back