Reagan: Twenty five year later Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down this wall

MountRushmoreWithReagan.gif

In the summer of 2004 I traveled 1200 miles to stand along thousands in the National Mall who had come as I to pay our respects to President Reagan.

Safe bet that when the current invader of the White House does the world the favor of croaking there will be joyous dancing in the National Mall by a far larger crowd than the crowd that mourned President Reagan.

Yeah, and that joyous crowd will look like this.

1303504479-web_kkk_rally009.jpg

^ Democrats

No shit for brains, he dismantled a misery index over 20

Misery index is a totally made up thing, guy.

It should be pointed out that Reagan defeated high inflation by keeping the Recession going with tight money policies that not only choked the middle class, it kept wages stagnant for over a decade until the Next recession in 1990.

carter was worse in every area

Uh, he wasn't.

He wasn't worse in running up deficits.

His highest unemployment rate was 7.8%. Reagan managed to run it up to 10.8%.

Carter never sold weapons to terrorists.

We didn't have a huge spike in AIDS cases under Carter.

Not to say that Carter was a good president, he wasn't. And I'll even say some good things about Reagan. For one thing, he wasn't a crazy nut like Bush who refuse to recoginize realities.

But Reagan really did mess things up for working class folks.

Uh, he wasn't.

Not to say that Carter was a good president, he wasn't. And I'll even say some good things about Reagan. For one thing, he wasn't a crazy nut like Bush who refuse to recoginize realities.

Carter ruined the olympic dreams of hundreds of Americans

Hello. Knock knock. Reagan only followed policies that have been put in place even before he was voted into office as president of a (gasp) "labor union" 8 straight times.

Uh, he wasn't.

Good thing a Russian invasion had nothing to do with that.

Uh, he wasn't.

Come on. Republicans thought only gays could get AIDS. They were for it before they were against it.

Uh, he wasn't.

carter-like most liberals-wanted to pretend he was doing something and if the pissed all over the rights of our olympians for a fake effort that accomplished nothing so be it

we had olympians who were going to compete under the IOC flag (like the Brits did) and carter's goons threatened them with all sorts of harassment.

I Know, one of the guys I won the US team shooting championship at the 88 nationals/trials, was on the 1980 Olympic team and carter told him if he competed under the IOC flag, the IRS would investigate his business etc

The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by multiple scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any US president
The Republicans don't have the Senate yet so the obama scandals are yet to come. Far worse and obama likely tied directly to them. The IRS corruption alone is much worse than anything that happened during Reagan's term. Government targeting political opponents is almost as bad as it gets. They would need to line them up and shoot them to make it any worse.

LOL, You have got to grow up and grow a brain Bubba. Worse than selling arms to terrorists ? lol

IRS? ANOTHER Faux scandal

stupid is thinking Karl Rove and the Koch Brothers were really engaged in a "social welfare" agency when they were doing politics.
Stupid is thinking those were the targets. Try every conservative group and only a few liberal groups.

The IRS "Scandal" Was A Scam

Like Benghazi, Fox News' IRS "Scandal" Winding Down With A Whimper

Ezra Klein's explanation for what made the IRS activity detailed in the IG report scandalous:

Here's what everyone agrees on: The Determinations Unit based out of the Cincinnati IRS targeted 501(c)(4) applications that used tea party-related terms for extra scrutiny. Whether the intent was benign, as the IRS swears, or rogue agents were carrying out a political vendetta, the effect was to politicize the IRS's filtering process. That's a huge problem.[...]

The problem wasn't that the IRS closely scrutinized questionable applications from tea party groups. It's that they didn't closely scrutinized the applications from other questionable groups as well. The scrutiny was the part they did right. The targeting was the part they did wrong.

But less than two months later, new documents and reporting had largely diffused the scandal, as journalist Alex Seitz-Wald detailed:

But now, almost two months later, we know that in fact the IRS targeted lots of different kinds of groups, not just conservative ones; that the only organizations whose tax-exempt statuses were actually denied were progressive ones; that many of the targeted conservative groups legitimately crossed the line; that the IG's report was limited to only Tea Party groups at congressional Republicans' request; and that the White House was in no way involved in the targeting and didn't even know about it until shortly before the public did.

Conservatives Are Right Media Under-Covered The IRS Scandal Blog Media Matters for America

Uh, he wasn't.

carter-like most liberals-wanted to pretend he was doing something and if the pissed all over the rights of our olympians for a fake effort that accomplished nothing so be it

we had olympians who were going to compete under the IOC flag (like the Brits did) and carter's goons threatened them with all sorts of harassment.

I Know, one of the guys I won the US team shooting championship at the 88 nationals/trials, was on the 1980 Olympic team and carter told him if he competed under the IOC flag, the IRS would investigate his business etc

lol

It took Reagan 28 MONTHS to get unemployment rate back down below 8 percent.
Those were real numbers though, not obama fluffer numbers. I am always amused at libs trying to tell me how it was. I'll stick to reality, thanks.

REALITY:

The only reason the American economy was stalled is because the GOTP kicks the leg from under it, every time the economy begins to recover in the name of cutting the deficit

01/1981 - Unemployment rate 7.5% …. Reagan sworn in.
02/1981 - 7.4%
03/1981 - 7.4%
04/1981 - 7.2%
05/1981 - 7.5%
06/1981 - 7.5%
07/1981 - 7.2%
08/1981 - 7.4% * Reagan CUTS taxes for top 1% and says unemployment will DROP to 6.9%.
09/1981 - 7.6%
10/1981 - 7.9%
11/1981 - 8.3%
12/1981 - 8.5%

01/1982 - 8.6%
02/1982 - 8.9%
03/1982 - 9.0%
04/1982 - 9.3%
05/1982 - 9.4%
06/1982 - 9.6%
07/1982 - 9.8%
08/1982 - 9.8%
09/1982 - 10.1%
10/1982 - 10.4%
11/1982 - 10.8% * Unemployment HITS a post WW2 RECORD of 10.8%.
12/1982 - 10.8%

01/1983 - 10.4%
02/1983 - 10.4%
03/1983 - 10.3%
04/1983 - 10.3%
05/1983 - 10.1%
06/1983 - 10.1%
07/1983 - 9.4%
06/1983 - 9.5%
07/1983 - 9.4%
08/1983 - 9.5%
09/1983 - 9.2%
10/1983 - 8.8%
11/1983 - 8.5%
12/1983 - 8.3%

01/1984 - 8.0%
02/1984 - 7.8%

It took Reagan 28 MONTHS to get unemployment rate back down below 8 percent.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Forum List

Back