(REAL) angels flying in formation

Man I wish I saw this sooner. I honestly thought this was about the Blue Angels. I had no idea it was a foil hat thread lol.

most pools don't have 2 colors in them, and clouds all over in the blue sky.

I enjoy photographing many things--including reflections in pools and ponds. Water can reflect a myriad of colors, and clouds as well. One picture I particularly like includes a reflection of a bird.

Angels have never appeared as flying creatures. They appear as men, and they don't have wings.

The two on the Ark of the Covenant had wings. Shrug. :)

Good point Delta (for a change)-----I have often wondered when the idea of bird wings on angels came about------clearly,
a very long time ago. Some of the art of ancient
Mesopotamia shows ---humanoid figures with wings
too.------winged things----seems to have been a kind of
fascinating subject for artists of the past------that they ended
up on the arc of the covenant-----really confuses me

I was going to say birds--but I could not make out their form.

Then some posted the "fact or faked" comment.

P.S.

The idea that Angels have "wings" is something that is found only in a few early cultures. The reason we think of angels having wings is mainly due to the Judaic influence on Western culture.

I think I read somewhere that angels, in the Judaic tradition, usually had more than two wings. I could be wrong, so do not take my word for it. But it is an interesting concept to check out, IMHO.

P.S.

The idea that Angels have "wings" is something that is found only in a few early cultures. The reason we think of angels having wings is mainly due to the Judaic influence on Western culture.

I think I read somewhere that angels, in the Judaic tradition, usually had more than two wings. I could be wrong, so do not take my word for it. But it is an interesting concept to check out, IMHO.

Your answer does not seem all that informative to me------the very concept of angels-----seems to be from Judaism-----
not just their form or lack thereof -------Of course if you want to call HERMES an angel----then the concept is not from
Judaism. Spirits going here and there is not specifically jewish------even Zoroastrians have them-----in fact lots of cultures do Angels in Judaism refer to a construct used by "GOD" to carry out tasks or messages. Unlike Hermes with wings on his feet------angels in the jewish
tradition have no independent existence-----they are more like drones. WINGS ON THINGS humanoid and animal do
seem to me to happen in art in many parts of the world.

jewish angels are not Christian angels or muslim angels-----and not greek gods with wings on their toes

P.S.

Your answer does not seem all that informative to me------the very concept of angels-----seems to be from Judaism-----
not just their form or lack thereof -------Of course if you want to call HERMES an angel----then the concept is not from
Judaism. Spirits going here and there is not specifically jewish------even Zoroastrians have them-----in fact lots of cultures do Angels in Judaism refer to a construct used by "GOD" to carry out tasks or messages. Unlike Hermes with wings on his feet------angels in the jewish
tradition have no independent existence-----they are more like drones. WINGS ON THINGS humanoid and animal do
seem to me to happen in art in many parts of the world.

jewish angels are not Christian angels or muslim angels-----and not greek gods with wings on their toes

I was talking about angels having wings--not just angels

Hermes is considered a God as well as the messenger of the Gods--in any case, he is not to be considered an angel despite having the task of an angel in another culture. There is also the question of "What is an angel in Hellenicism" since it is usually(not always) the Gods/Goddess that deliver their message themselves.

And finally, I did not say other cultures and religions did not have angels. I said that angels with wings is not a common feature. In some culture, angels just appear and disappear. There is even one religion that used to proport that angels descended from the realm of the Gods by a ladder.

So no, your wish to find "commonality" between your religion and other religions when dealing with the concept of angels is not really acceptable. Angels in different religions are described differently.

chaos-----you seem to imagine that you are telling me
something I do not know

yet another google for coyote----yes----female circumcision
does exist amongst muslims of both Malaysia and Indonesia----
try again coyote-----

Forum List

Back