Real estate insiders bewildered by judge’s $18M valuation of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago: ‘Would list at $300M’

Yes he did.

County assessors assign a value for tax purposes. That was a WILD range and pretty much nonsensical assessment and the judge CHOSE the lowest value from that range.

Judge is a not job just like you 😆

I hope you pay someone to do your math.

He wrote that while the Palm Beach County assessor had appraised Mar-a-Lago's market value to be between $18 million and $27.6 million, Trump had put it at between $426.5 million to $612.1 million in filings—"an overvaluation of at least 2,300 percent."

That suggests a range of overstatement of 1600 - 3400%....the midpoint of which is 2,500%

It doesn't work that way genius. They can re-assess his property for much more and his taxes will be much higher going forward, but they can't go back and say they made a mistake in the evaluation and charge him back taxes. Tax value has NOTHING to do with market value, which is the value that is applicable in this case.
Tax value has NOTHING to do with market value, which is the value that is applicable in this case
That's bullshit..

You must rent.

Assessments are done periodically, so market value may fluctuate, but when the new assessment is issued - in my town - it is as a percentage of an estimated market value..

We just had a sale in my 4 unit association....it sold on the 1st open house...for about 110% of the freshly assessed value.

That suggests a range of overstatement of 1600 - 3400%....the midpoint of which is 2,500%

No, it absolutely doesn't. Tax value is often much less that market value. In this case, the tax value was far too low. That is not Trump's fault. Have you ever called your local accessor's office to challenge the LOW assessment value of your property? LOL...you are a Democrat, so anything is possible.

I don't know the value of Mara-Largo, but a quick Zillow search in that area for properties in the same area that are not nearly as large go for far, far, far more than even the 27 million, much less 18 million. We all know that 18 mil for Mara-Largo is absurd and the judge painted his ruling into a corner with this.
Why do you think Palm Beach would fuck itself over by lowballing its assessment by 2 orders of magnitude?

No, it absolutely doesn't. Tax value is often much less that market value. In this case, the tax value was far too low. That is not Trump's fault. Have you ever called your local accessor's office to challenge the LOW assessment value of your property? LOL...you are a Democrat, so anything is possible.
It's math.

Shut the fuck up.

I don't know the value of Mara-Largo, but a quick Zillow search in that area for properties in the same area that are not nearly as large go for far, far, far more than even the 27 million, much less 18 million. We all know that 18 mil for Mara-Largo is absurd and the judge painted his ruling into a corner with this.
You're comparing private homes to a members only club

That's bullshit..

You must rent.

Assessments are done periodically, so market value may fluctuate, but when the new assessment is issued - in my town - it is as a percentage of an estimated market value..

We just had a sale in my 4 unit association....it sold on the 1st open house...for about 110% of the freshly assessed value.

Um, no I do not rent. I own 3 homes and a business property and their assessed value is quite a bit less than their market values. You must live in a liberal state. That would explain the frequent re-assessments. Where I live, assessments are rare and when they are done they are still well under market value. The only exception is on the sale of a property, in which case the assessed value is reset to or very close to the sale price. In the case of Mara-Largo, it has not be sold in many years so it is not unusual for very few, if any, reassessments. Regardless, the assessed value of Mara-Largo was extremely low as compared to market value. I have no idea why that may have been.

You're comparing private homes to a members only club
When the time comes in any way as you test the waters, it comes down to who you trust or do not. And you handle your ways of experience from others from it. If screwed with, you do not trust. If a certain group in employment has questions and you say you do not trust them and they PROVE it to you as they abuse their position, you do not trust. We all know we are due for a major war again. A cleansing will occur of many people who live on the edge. And groups will be blamed. Now the reality. The United States has men and women who are no different than other despot nations who are empowered. Progs have an agenda that when there is chaos that is when you strike. If I was a revolutionary and you saw a hurricane affect an area that would be a great time as an example. Make it worse and be a gremlin. Something costing hundreds of millions and more could go to billions. This is our nation today as you see in cities. as they slowly destroy themselves.

The banks who know more than you and that idiot so called judge never batted an eye.... we are talking about the wealthiest area of Florida... where homes go for 300 mil.... you can't defend this ruling because you know what's going on here....

(even if it was true)

Literally no victim of any crime here -

No victim.

All willing participates.

Forum List

Back