Reality

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
There has been a lot of strawmen put up by the denialists as to what the scientists are stating concerning the dangers of AGW. Here is a presentation by Dr. Richard Alley that summerizes what the consensus is on the dangers.

If I took the time to watch that video, I probably wouldn't get most of it anyway. I'm familiar with your adamant passion on the subject, but think that you too should recognize some other "realities".

The US has gone above and beyond the call in its efforts to reduce carbon emissions across the board. The onus should fall upon other nations, not ours.

Hydrocarbons are a necessary, vital, and indispensable aspect of our lives without which the quality of life would greatly suffer and commerce would be severely curtailed resulting in the loss of millions of jobs at the cost of tens of trillions of dollars.

This is really why I don't give much credence to the debate from either side of the argument. To me, the whole thing is moot.

The end. :beer:

If anyone was calling for an immediate ban on burning all hydrocarbons, that might have been relevant. But since nobody is, it was just an attack on a strawman.

If anyone was calling for an immediate ban on burning all hydrocarbons, that might have been relevant. But since nobody is, it was just an attack on a strawman.

If you thought you wouldn't be laughed out of town, you would be asking for a ban on all hydrocarbons. I recently started a thread where a number of your kookburger Komrades admitted that there is no point where they would find a reduction in pollution as sufficient. They want all pollution reduced to zero.

Just admit it: you're a dangerous kook. All environmentalists are dangerous kooks. That's pretty much what distinguishes environmentalists from normal rational people.

Hydrocarbons are a necessary, vital, and indispensable aspect of our lives without which the quality of life would greatly suffer and commerce would be severely curtailed resulting in the loss of millions of jobs at the cost of tens of trillions of dollars.
Substitute "slavery" for "hydrocarbons", and adjust the numbers appropriately, and you have a fair statement of the view of the gentry of the American South in the years leading up to the Civil War.

But its not reality to a huge majority of the people............

About 100 links in this thread to prove my assertion >> More Proof the skeptics are WINNING US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Here are just a handful >>>>

What climate change Fewer people than EVER believe the world is really warming up UK News Daily Express

People Are Losing Hope For Green Energy - Business Insider

Global warming believers are feeling the heat 8211 Telegraph Blogs

Global surveys show environmental concerns rank low among public concerns

10 predictions for the world s energy future News OPB

Reality is 95% perception no matter what we are talking........which is to say, the science isn't mattering!!! It matters not about any consensus......it matters that people yawn about global warming in 2014!!! Short of a 3 week warm snap in the Great Lakes in mid January with people water skiing around the lakes, nobody is going to care. Nobody in America is closing up their fireplaces, getting rid of their air conditioners and their iPhones or driving Smartfortwo cars because the AGW religion says we'll be underwater in 100 years. Said it 10 years ago and nothing changed in those 10 years. THAT is the stark reality.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of strawmen put up by the denialists as to what the scientists are stating concerning the dangers of AGW. Here is a presentation by Dr. Richard Alley that summerizes what the consensus is on the dangers.

Why do you put up hour long videos without stating the point you are trying to make, or the time at which it can be found?

No warming for 2 decades, O-CO2 satellite shows the Amazon, Congo and Indonesia are the planets biggest generators of CO2.

Hmmm, I'd have the AGWCult on Suicide Watch

Substitute "slavery" for "hydrocarbons", and adjust the numbers appropriately, and you have a fair statement of the view of the gentry of the American South in the years leading up to the Civil War.

Did you have a point of some kind?

Remember, "Consensus" is just another way of saying "we don't have any lab work or physical evidence"

FranCo?

Forum List

Back