Reasons for Rand and against Bush/Rubio

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
Jeb Bush Wants Boots On Ground In Iraq Says Obama Has No Military Strategy Shark Tank
“We need to embed American troops, as we’ve done successfully in the past, to help train them, to identify targets, to do what we do really well.”-

Rubio Says Rand Paul Was Reckless In Spreading of Misinformation On Patriot Act Shark Tank
"Allowing any of these programs to expire is a mistake, but that’s what is happening as a consequence of the reckless spreading of misinformation and political posturing.‎ Our country is now poised to be less safe and Americans at greater risk from growing terrorist threats.”

In typical Rand Paul fashion, he attacked his fellow senators. He said:

"Some of them, I think, secretly want there to be an attack on the United States so they can blame it on me."

Obstructionist!!

Obstructionist!!

Radical extremist Tea Party man!!

Somebody stop him!!

The portion of the Patriot Act which is expiring is effectively a government pen register on every telephone in America. It treats all of us like criminals.

As for what Jeb Bush wants, vis a vis embedded troops in Iraq, that is exactly what we should have done after the invasion. Just like we did in Germany and Japan after World War II. We kept the German and Japanese armies active, and paired them up with American troops to keep order and discipline through the transition to post bellum peacetime governments.

But Jeb's brother seriously fucked up and demobilized the Iraqi army after the invasion, many of whom went on to become insurgents, and so embedding troops now is the proverbial shutting the barn door twelve years after the horse has escaped.

In typical Rand Paul fashion, he attacked his fellow senators. He said:

"Some of them, I think, secretly want there to be an attack on the United States so they can blame it on me."

I can't remember the R who said they weren't doing anything so they could later blame Obama.

Bunch of cowards.

As for what Jeb Bush wants, vis a vis embedded troops in Iraq, that is exactly what we should have done after the invasion. Just like we did in Germany and Japan after World War II. We kept the German and Japanese armies active, and paired them up with American troops to keep order and discipline through the transition to post bellum peacetime governments.

But Jeb's brother seriously fucked up and demobilized the Iraqi army after the invasion, many of whom went on to become insurgents, and so embedding troops now is the proverbial shutting the barn door twelve years after the horse has escaped.
And others blame Obama for not trying hard enough to extend our stay.
At the end of the day it was Iraq's new government's decision.
They chose to go it alone.
It's their own fault they have poorly prepared military and inadequately trained security forces that just run when confronted.
We the People wanted out. we're out. Let's stay out

Yep. For all the bad things you could say about Saddam's regime, the Iraqi army and security forces were good at keeping public order. But the US dismantled what was left of the Iraqi army, and disbanded security forces, resulting in a power vacuum.

As a result, the violent groups Saddam was keeping down had plenty of time to gather and build up terrorist networks.

It's their own fault they have poorly prepared military and inadequately trained security forces that just run when confronted.

Non sequitur. Did we let Germany or Japan decide if they wanted to "go it alone?"

Non sequitur. Did we let Germany or Japan decide if they wanted to "go it alone?"
So, while our country is in recession and suffering from "illegal war" syndrome we were supposed to just squat in place against our countryman's and - more importantly - Iraqis' wishes??

So, while our country is in recession and suffering from "illegal war" syndrome we were supposed to just squat in place against our countryman's and - more importantly - Iraqis' wishes??

I place our interests above Iraqis' wishes. And I don't think military strategy should be decided by public opinion polls.

I place our interests above Iraqis' wishes. And I don't think military strategy should be decided by public opinion polls.
And the R's tried telling Obama that before the withdrawal.
It's done and, as so many ACA supporters have no problem saying, "it's the law of the land,,,,deal with it"

Forum List

Back