Recall the racist Red Lobster receipt story a month back? HOAX

Bad form to get that angry at anyone in an anonymous forum full of stangers like this....a sure sign of emotional immaturity and marginal intelligence, ....lol.

There's not much more amusing than someone trying to play 'tough guy' online. I recently got a bunch of PMs from that BillKurtz idiot, or whatever his name is, trying his damnedest to sell his little tough guy fantasy. It's hilarious to see people who think they are pumping themselves up while in reality making monumental asses of themselves. :lol:

You took the words away from me Unk...lol

Tipping is one of the worst ideas, and most annoying traditions, in the history of business. Ever eat out in a country where there is no tradition of tipping? It's a joy. Get the bill, pay the bill, restaurant pays the happy employee who provides great service. Everything is simple and everyone is satisfied.

I have heard more and more restaurants are doing away with tipping. Just building thr gratuity into the cost of the plate.

I've heard that too. Have not seen it in practice, but it's a great idea.

Tipping is one of the worst ideas, and most annoying traditions, in the history of business. Ever eat out in a country where there is no tradition of tipping? It's a joy. Get the bill, pay the bill, restaurant pays the happy employee who provides great service. Everything is simple and everyone is satisfied.

I have heard more and more restaurants are doing away with tipping. Just building thr gratuity into the cost of the plate.

Because you hate tipping?

That might be great for black people but it'll mean lousy service for everybody. Waitresses already have an attitude problem now, imagine what it'll be like if they have a built-in tip.

Lol! You probably think so, but in fact the answer is NO. I would be in favor of flat gratuity built into the check, with the option of exceeding it if I wished. With the gratuity being spread among all of the staff.

Yanno.................I've been on both sides of the fence, and not only here in the U.S.A., but overseas as well.

If a person was nice to me and told me about the specials, as well as recommended what was good (as well as told me what wasn't so good), I'd tip them around 15 percent. Why? They talked to me and made me feel welcome in their establishment. Incidentally, the people who made me feel welcome were pretty much outside of the US, because most of them were in the countries I'd visited as a U.S. Navy Sailor.

Yeah.......................you're right..................most people who serve you are inclined to take special interest in those who aren't from the same place. When I was a bartender and a cook in various places in Amarillo, I took a special interest in those who weren't from here (and got news for you, there are a LOT of foreign visitors who come through here), because I was interested in where they came from, and how their culture was similar to mine. Tips didn't matter, shit...............sometimes the beers I bought for them cost me more than what they tipped, but the stories were golden.

I say that tip the people who make you feel welcome the same amount as what you feel they made you feel welcome. Sometimes, my room mate and I will tip the people on the drive through, just because they were nice and made us feel welcome.

Sometimes, the people who serve us at a dine in place are snarky and sarcastic. Those people don't get much of a tip.

BTW....................do any of the people posting on this thread about lobster realize that originally it was considered "poor food" much like beans and rice of today?

Lobster was originally fed to the slaves and the poor. Ironic that now it's become a delicacy, but, if you live where it's abundant (like up around Newport RI or the Maine coast) it's pretty cheap.

I know, because back in the late 90's, when I was stationed at Newport RI, you could get a 1/2 pound lobster for around 5 bucks on Lobster Friday at the Petty Officer Club.

Yanno.................I've been on both sides of the fence, and not only here in the U.S.A., but overseas as well.

If a person was nice to me and told me about the specials, as well as recommended what was good (as well as told me what wasn't so good), I'd tip them around 15 percent. Why? They talked to me and made me feel welcome in their establishment. Incidentally, the people who made me feel welcome were pretty much outside of the US, because most of them were in the countries I'd visited as a U.S. Navy Sailor.

Yeah.......................you're right..................most people who serve you are inclined to take special interest in those who aren't from the same place. When I was a bartender and a cook in various places in Amarillo, I took a special interest in those who weren't from here (and got news for you, there are a LOT of foreign visitors who come through here), because I was interested in where they came from, and how their culture was similar to mine. Tips didn't matter, shit...............sometimes the beers I bought for them cost me more than what they tipped, but the stories were golden.

I say that tip the people who make you feel welcome the same amount as what you feel they made you feel welcome. Sometimes, my room mate and I will tip the people on the drive through, just because they were nice and made us feel welcome.

Sometimes, the people who serve us at a dine in place are snarky and sarcastic. Those people don't get much of a tip.

BTW....................do any of the people posting on this thread about lobster realize that originally it was considered "poor food" much like beans and rice of today?

Lobster was originally fed to the slaves and the poor. Ironic that now it's become a delicacy, but, if you live where it's abundant (like up around Newport RI or the Maine coast) it's pretty cheap.

I know, because back in the late 90's, when I was stationed at Newport RI, you could get a 1/2 pound lobster for around 5 bucks on Lobster Friday at the Petty Officer Club.

Excellent informative post from someone who has obviously see a lot of the word outside of where they are from. The fact that lobster was considered a poor people's food is a little known fact, as are many other types of foods that are now considered "delicacies" or "specialty" items.

That might be great for black people but it'll mean lousy service for everybody. Waitresses already have an attitude problem now, imagine what it'll be like if they have a built-in tip.

Best answer is stay out of restaurants. I haven't been to one in decades.

Excellent informative post from someone who has obviously see a lot of the word outside of where they are from. .

thank you. Glad to see i'm getting thru that thick skull of yours.[

Lol! You are really a sick and delusional excuse for a human. Everyone here can see that my post was to someone else(bikersailor) and not you.

Go have a Bud and another Meth hit.

Why is that not surprising? Most anti social, shut in, delusional nut jobs have not.....except when they put on fatigues and go to one to shoot everyone in sight.

By all means, stay home.

Lobster was originally fed to the slaves and the poor. Ironic that now it's become a delicacy, but, if you live where it's abundant (like up around Newport RI or the Maine coast) it's pretty cheap..

Waaaaay back when, farmers in New England used to bury them in fields where they planned to grow corn so they would fertilize the field. Workers back then had provisions in their contracts for certain jobs that they would receive a certain amount of beer per day and could only be fed lobster a certain number of times a week (employers typically fed the crew back then).

That might be great for black people but it'll mean lousy service for everybody.

Not necessarily. In many places where there is no tradition of tipping service is far better than the standard here even if you do leave them 35% or more.

Lol! You probably think so, but in fact the answer is NO. I would be in favor of flat gratuity built into the check, with the option of exceeding it if I wished. With the gratuity being spread among all of the staff.

Why even think of it as a 'built in gratuity'? Just raise prices and pay your staff a decent salary.

Why is that not surprising? Most anti social, shut in, delusional nut jobs have not.....except when they put on fatigues and go to one to shoot everyone in sight.

By all means, stay home.

HAHAHA. I love driving you loony libs ballistic. Anyone who hits the ceiling because a stranger does not go to restaurants, needs a lot of help.

Why even think of it as a 'built in gratuity'? Just raise prices and pay your staff a decent salary.

Thats even better. A living wage being paid would be a boost to the economy of our country.

By all means, stay home.

HAHAHA. I love driving you loony libs ballistic. Anyone who hits the ceiling because a stranger does not go to restaurants, needs a lot of help.

You can't read, you damned idiot. ..I'm pleased and not a bit surprised that you don't go to restaraunts.

Creeps like you need to stay away from public places...and normal people.

By all means, stay home.

You can't read, you damned idiot. ..I'm pleased and not a bit surprised that you don't go to restaraunts.

Why don't you fix your avatar, or didn't you know Hendrix was left-handed?

Why don't you fix your avatar, or didn't you know Hendrix was left-handed?

What does my "avatar" have to do with this thread? And for the record, Hendrix was ambidextrous, but preferred playing left handed, and anyone who actually knows about him, "knows" that.
Look it up.

Forum List

Back