Recipes Central - Repository of Favorites

100 on the list in this article;

The World’s Most Nutritious Foods​

After analysing more than 1,000 raw foods, researchers ranked the ingredients that provide the best balance of your daily nutritional requirements – and they found a few surprises.

The Best Order to Stack Your Burger Toppings​

How to Make an Authentic Greek Gyro​

How to Level Up Your Sorry Excuse for Nachos​

Ringel's Tomato Soup

A simple, inexpensive meal in itself.

4 cans Campbell tomato soup
1/4 onion finely diced
1 celery stick finely diced
garlic powder to taste
1 lb breakfast sausage ( I use Jimmy Deans ).
1 cup cooked rice
hot sauce to taste

Make soup as per instructions on can (cook over med low heat).
Saute onions and celery in tiny bit of oil.
Add sausage, cook and crumble till done then add to soup.
Add garlic, hot sauce and rice and simmer the soup on low for about 15 minutes.

As the title suggests, the basics here ...
basically

What's the Difference Between All the Types of Tomatoes?​

Beefsteak vs. cherry vs. grape vs. heirloom vs. plum.

Our saved seeds collection tends to be a bit jumbled, but odds are we'll have most to all of these once they set fruit.

Last edited:
My wife has a food sensitivity to potatoes so we do sweet potatoes a lot. This is one of our favorite uses. She has sensitivity to corn also so we use rice or tapioca starch for near same effect.

How To Make Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries​

You can have the crispiest sweet potato fries without deep frying, double soaking, twice baking, or anything so involved.​

Bonus;

Last edited:

The Italian Chicken Dinner I Make Over and Over Again (It’s Absolutely Foolproof)​

EXCERPT
I’m more of a baker than a cook, but there is one recipe I always enjoy making: pollo ai peperoni, or chicken stew with peppers. My parents actually refer to it as “Andrea’s chicken” because whenever I’m responsible for dinner at their house, this is the dish I make.

In 2014, I was lucky enough to visit Italy with my parents and take a Kosher Italian cooking course at Scuola di Art Culinaria “Cordon Bleu,” the oldest operating cooking academy in Tuscany. Under the instruction of Cristina Blasi and Gabriella Mari, the co-founders and directors of the school, we learned how to make dishes from Tuscany, Northern Italy, and Southern Italy. Of the many delicious dishes we made (zucchini risotto, pappa al pomodoro, homemade pasta), the pollo ai peperoni is the one I still make to this day.

~~~~~~ Sounds basic, easy, and delicious ...

Summer time and warmer weather has many of us cooking less and going for cooler options, so ...

13 Delicious Sandwich Recipes​

Make lunch the most exciting time of the day with a baker's dozen of mouthwatering sandwich recipes, from muffulettas to cubanos to MLTs (and BLTs, too).​

How To Make the Best Chocolate Avocado Pudding​

Unlike other recipes, which can be milky or ultra-sweet, this pudding is all about the chocolate.
...​

Black Lentils Are a Revelation​

Everything we love about lentils, without the mushy texture
Like a lot of people I know, I’m a disciple of Rancho Gordo, the Napa, California-based purveyor of heirloom varieties of dried beans. I’m sure my younger self would be horrified that the delivery of a 10-pound box of dried beans is regularly the best thing to happen to me all day, but life is long and the beans really are that good.

The last time I was on their site I noticed “caviar” lentils for sale. ...

Not my mother's goulash, her's was more Armenian, this is more like dressed up mac-n-cheese, but this is a start;

How To Make Easy One-Pot Beef Goulash​

Classic American goulash made with ground beef, pasta, tomato sauce, and cheese.​

.......​

How To Make Classic Prime Rib​

The simplest, easiest method.​

Since the wife can't do regular potatoes, we do a lot of sweet potatoes. Seems there's as many ways to do these as regular spuds, maybe more. Here's a site~link that actually is more than 10 ...

Plus embedded clicks links for other cuisines;

What are your favorite cuisines?​

Spiral Sweet Potato Bake​

OR

Not my mother's goulash, her's was more Armenian, this is more like dressed up mac-n-cheese, but this is a start;

Classic American goulash made with ground beef, pasta, tomato sauce, and cheese.​

.......​

What.......no kimchi???????

.......​

What.......no kimchi???????
Since the store bought available local here is good and reasonably priced I rarely make my own.
Would have thought I provided a recipe on this thread a while back.
Will likely have to cruise the 'net though, having misplaced the one I got from a Korean co-worker a couple of decades back.
(BTW, with a daughter-in-law that is half Korean, could likely get some other interesting recipes there as well.)

.......​

Since the store bought available local here is good and reasonably priced I rarely make my own.
Would have thought I provided a recipe on this thread a while back.
Will likely have to cruise the 'net though, having misplaced the one I got from a Korean co-worker a couple of decades back.
(BTW, with a daughter-in-law that is half Korean, could likely get some other interesting recipes there as well.)

A while back I posted pics of one of my Thanksgiving dinners, you'll see the kimchee...

IMAG1089.jpg

This is Crab Bisque....with lots of butter and cream!

IMAG1090.jpg

The salad has pears, cucumber, and shavings of Romano cheese.....

IMAG1086.jpg

This is Tom, himself

IMAG1083.jpg

Apple-Cranberry-Sausage stuffing...

IMAG1082.jpg

Sweet Potato with candied pecans...

asparagus.jpg

Bacon-wrapped asparagus

IMAG1088.jpg

And....of course the traditional kimchee!

OK, ok....I also made pumpkin pie and pecan pie.......

My own fault!
Within each of us are the seeds our own destruction.

New Topics

Forum List

Back