Recipes Central - Repository of Favorites

Among the selections here;

Kimchi Bibim Guksu

21 Easy Summer Dinners You’ll Cook (or Throw Together) on Repeat​

Some assembly — but no oven — required.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Instead of red: 20 Pasta sauces that aren’t marinara​

(Okay, some of them turn out to be red of sorts ...)

This Genius Sauce Turns Your Pasta Into a Seasonal Stunner—No Matter the Season​

The chunky puree of toasted pine nuts, olive oil, lemon and salt created the cheesiest nondairy sauce I think I’ve ever tasted​

When making pesto we often use pistachios in place of pine nuts. A bit less expensive and with more flavor. I'd be tempted to try the same with the above.​

80 Healthy Fourth of July Recipes to Eat Outdoors (in Your Favorite Sun Hat)​

These healthy Fourth of July recipes are the gateway beyond burnt hot dogs and Solo cups. Forget red, white, and blue everything—this year we’re doubling down on a full rainbow of peak season produce. We’re talking about the zippy watermelon and snap pea salad that’s doused in a powerhouse triumvirate: Taiwanese black vinegar, chile crisp, and fish sauce. The mouthwatering, umami-packed vegan mushroom sloppies so good they’ll make you wonder why you ever went beef. And the super fresh, sweet-sour minty limeade that is perfectly acceptable to spike with your favorite booze. Whether you’re stalking out a shady spot at the park, grilling out back, or dining (safely) on your fire escape, these healthy Independence Day recipes have you covered. Now, would someone please pass the party mix?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
If that isn't enough to select from ...

The only picnic recipes you'll need this summer​

Let's eat out​

There's nothing better than a tasty feast, eaten in the great outdoors. With a little planning and preparation, you can take your picnic beyond a simple sandwich. We've got some great ideas for portable dishes, plus helpful tips and tricks to ensure your picnic arrives at its destination in perfect condition. So be inspired to take it to the next level with our collection of salads, tarts, pies and meaty dishes, and delicious desserts to tempt everyone.

16 Hacks To Juicy, Unforgettable Prime Rib​

How to make the best prime rib​

Prime rib is one of those meals that always tastes great when you order it in a restaurant, but have you ever tried replicating that juicy, flavorful hunk of beef at home? It's easier than you think! Not to mention, it makes for an impressive main dish for any and every special occasion. Check out the following hacks to making unforgettable prime rib at home.

Slid show, 41 pages;

Common kitchen mistakes most people don't know they're making​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beyond the bun: 21 creative hot dog recipes​

Put Down the Ketchup​

Summer means plenty of us are grilling out, so it's no surprise that July is National Hot Dog Month. And while little can compare with grabbing a tasty, traditional hot dog with mustard or relish from our favorite hot dog stand, this humble protein is capable of so much more. We've rounded up several no-bun-required recipes to get your creative juices flowing. (Hot dogs can be key to a frugal cookout. Check out these 10 Money-Saving Tips for the Backyard Grill Master.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Top tips for seriously tasty steaks at home​

How Tinned Fish Became The Internet's Newest Obsession​

Fueled by pandemic cooking, online hotties, an increase in pescatarian diets, and eye-catching branding, the pantry staple is rising to a much deserved culinary prominence.

Since my wife can eat regular potatoes (allergic sort of reaction), we do a lot of sweet potato instead;

Loaded Breakfast Sweet Potatoes​

Perfect for a healthy and filling brunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The lie of “expired” food and the disastrous truth of America’s food waste problem​

Stop throwing your food away.

Sandwiches to pack for a picnic this summer​

A few ideas (@5) ...

Where Does Your Go-To Frozen Pizza Rank? We Tried 15, and the Worst One Might Surprise You.​

Our honest appraisal of frozen pies, ranked.

Maybe more political than culinary, but PB&J has been a stable for near a century or more, to some degree. I'm remembering an interesting variant my younger brothers would go for back in the 1950s;
Peanut butter, mustard and (dill) pickles on bread. I've tried it since and can be a great flavor combination, especially if vary the type of mustard and pickles used.

What Happened to Peanut Butter and Jelly?​

The rise and fall of the iconic sandwich has paralleled changes in Americans’ economic conditions. What Happened to Peanut Butter and Jelly? | JSTOR Daily

As a keeper of honeybees, one of my favorites;

The Science Behind Honey’s Eternal Shelf Life​

A slew of factors—its acidity, its lack of water and the presence of hydrogen peroxide—work in perfect harmony, allowing the sticky treat to last forever.

About three dozen essential and useful tips here;

Why you should never reheat rice plus more cooking myths to ignore​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secret Side Effects of Eating Watermelon, Says Science​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

40 Foods You Should Never, Ever Put In The Freezer​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 very different ways to make a burger​

An essential culinary skill;

How to Sharpen a Knife to a Razor’s Edge​

With the right steel, a couple tools, and this method, you can get a blade shaving sharp.​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 Mistakes Everyone Makes with Pasta​

Forum List

Back