Reconstructing Q: Some Research Done

I really don't understand why some people think that because God instructs people to avoid evil he is some kind of repressive bully even though the consequences for evil are self inflicted.
If God is omniscient, he created us knowing our ultimate fate. That is like a clockmaker blaming the clock for not keeping time rather than blaming the clockmaker himself.

If we have free will and God does not know our fate he sure makes it hard to be good since there are so many imposters he has allowed to prosper.

Try to look at it as an extraterrestrial intervention on a planet filled with semi intelligent beings running amok for millions of years.

God is a living being that loves us like you would love an idiot son who most likely will disregard your advice and set aside your teaching and end up in a world of self inflicted hurt.

Some people just have to learn the hard way. That is not reflection of a flaw in the teacher.
Holy shit!
You do study Kaballah!
I think I love you!

So basically it is just a cruel, sick and twisted game.
I am questioning your ability to converse.
Lexapro would be a good start.

It is. If what you believe is true, then we are nothing but pawns in some sick game. Well, some of us have chosen not to play.
Cam you explain in detail how you derived that blurt from my postings?
And don't explain with a blurt.
Make believe you're taking medical notes.

It's not from your postings. It's the whole entire script.
You haven't read the script.
By your own postings, you have been inundated with what people around you have blurted.

No, I just don't believe in these stories as being real. I don't think it is possible. I don't think it makes any sense when I really start looking at it and asking questions. I think that men made them up. The reasons for such would be a pretty interesting topic as well.

Too many things don't make sense and don't add up when you really start to question the whole thing. People have been like "trapped" into this stuff. You HAVE to believe this thing exists, even though you can't see it, feel it, touch it, and there is no evidence that it exists (except for the words of MEN who are admittedly FLAWED). There is no way to get around that without sounding as if you are "evil" or something. No, I am a rebel, and I am going to rebel and say I don't believe in it. Show me some proof. Some REAL actual proof of this magical all powerful being that exists in the sky and determines itself our "king" that we must bow down to and worship.
You really go to get away from that NT.

I really don't understand why some people think that because God instructs people to avoid evil he is some kind of repressive bully even though the consequences for evil are self inflicted.
If God is omniscient, he created us knowing our ultimate fate. That is like a clockmaker blaming the clock for not keeping time rather than blaming the clockmaker himself.

If we have free will and God does not know our fate he sure makes it hard to be good since there are so many imposters he has allowed to prosper.

Try to look at it as an extraterrestrial intervention on a planet filled with semi intelligent beings running amok for millions of years.

God is a living being that loves us like you would love an idiot son who most likely will disregard your advice and set aside your teaching and end up in a world of self inflicted hurt.

Some people just have to learn the hard way. That is not reflection of a flaw in the teacher.
Holy shit!
You do study Kaballah!
I think I love you!

lol...
:beer:

You can totally see where believers would treat non believers in a bad manner too. How they would consider themselves "blessed" by a nonexistent entity and therefore "better" than others who are "condemned" by this entity. Lol. It's like so . . . in your face.

I'll bet in the old days, kings and such would make up their own religions to try to get as many followers out of the superstitious sheep as they could muster up! Many an emperor back in Roman days claimed to talk directly with "gods" as well. :)

You can totally see where believers would treat non believers in a bad manner too. How they would consider themselves "blessed" by a nonexistent entity and therefore "better" than others who are "condemned" by this entity. Lol. It's like so . . . in your face.
You are being dishonest...
I believe you are being inundated at work and/or home and you can't tolerate the message or the manner in which it is delivered.
What's really going on?
And by the way, this is not an introduction to barrage you with "The Lord".
Just spit it out.

I believe you are being inundated at work and/or home and you can't tolerate the message or the manner in which it is delivered.
What's really going on?
Just spit it out.

What? Not at all. Lol. I'm just giving my opinions on the subject matter. I don't hang out with religious people. The religious people in my family keep it cool. If a religious person with pamphlets shows up at my door, I just don't answer it. Lol. Nobody's home! Go away! Do NOT come back another day! :D

What's really going on?
Just spit it out.

What? Not at all. Lol. I'm just giving my opinions on the subject matter. I don't hang out with religious people. The religious people in my family keep it cool. If a religious person with pamphlets shows up at my door, I just don't answer it. Lol. Nobody's home! Go away! Do NOT come back another day! :D
Giving an opinion while slandering how many people?
How atheist of you.

Your free will is your attitude which affects your actions which affects your destiny.
So if I honestly consider myself a good person then God thinks I'm a good person too?
No; your image of yourself cannot be defined by yourself.
Can someone ignorant in medicine be a physician?
Your attitude is based on continuous education and constant self-evaluation of what you should be as defined by your Creator.

What's really going on?
Just spit it out.

How atheist of you.

Slandering other people? How do you figure? I'm arguing about the truth of religious beliefs. Are you saying that topic is off limits? People HAVE to believe or else they are "slandering" you? No, that's not how it works in today's world. That may have been the case 2000 years ago though. :)

slan·der
ˈslandər/
noun
LAW
  1. 1.
    the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.
    "he is suing the TV network for slander"

verb
  1. 1.
    make false and damaging statements about (someone).

So? Why is the god so secretive? Why not show yourself and talk to your people? Why play these sick and cruel games? I know why. Because something that does not exist cannot show itself. That is where the "faith" comes into play of course!

Some people just have to learn the hard way. That is not reflection of a flaw or an indication of malevolence in the teacher.
Idiot son? Hey I've been called worse.

But you really didn't answer the questions though and your analogy is flawed since the ETs didn't create me.

I doubt God is a living being in any sense of our conception of living. Maybe in the sense that the universe is 'living'. But you are right, some people just have to learn the hard way. Unjustly it is God who makes it hard, not us. God refuses to reveal himself (where's my burning bush?) and allows alternative versions of himself, each with different mores. How can I disregard his advice and set aside his teaching if I don't know what they are? This system is deeply flawed.

What's really going on?
Just spit it out.

How atheist of you.

Slandering other people? How do you figure? I'm arguing about the truth of religious beliefs. Are you saying that topic is off limits? People HAVE to believe or else they are "slandering" you? No, that's not how it works in today's world. That may have been the case 2000 years ago though. :)
Do you read what you post?
You have made this visciously personal.
Your posts lead me to believe you have been emotionally assaulted by almost everyone in your life.

If this is not so, you need anger management.

What's really going on?
Just spit it out.

How atheist of you.

Your posts lead me to believe you have been emotionally assaulted by almost everyone in your life.

I have not. I haven't made a personal comment to anyone. I am speaking about religious beliefs and not any individuals. Stop making things up. It seems to me that you are the one making it personal, suggesting I take Prozac and talking down to me because I don't share your beliefs in a god.

What's really going on?
Just spit it out.

How atheist of you.

Stop making personal comments about me and stick to defending your religious beliefs. Your gods would not approve of your "tactics" I'm sure. :)

Some people just have to learn the hard way. That is not reflection of a flaw or an indication of malevolence in the teacher.
Idiot son? Hey I've been called worse.

But you really didn't answer the questions though and your analogy is flawed since the ETs didn't create me.

I doubt God is a living being in any sense of our conception of living. Maybe in the sense that the universe is 'living'. But you are right, some people just have to learn the hard way. Unjustly it is God who makes it hard, not us. God refuses to reveal himself (where's my burning bush?) and allows alternative versions of himself, each with different mores. How can I disregard his advice and set aside his teaching if I don't know what they are? This system is deeply flawed.
You don't have the credentials for this post to be taken seriously.
Hopefully, given time and study...

What's really going on?
Just spit it out.

How atheist of you.

Stop making personal comments about me and stick to defending your religious beliefs. Your gods would not approve of your "tactics" I'm sure. :)
Read your posts...you're calling us assholes and expecting us not to respond.

Forum List

Back