Reconstructing Q: Some Research Done

Doubting your beliefs and expressing my opinions of them is not "insulting" you or anyone else. I am free to express MY beliefs and my opinions as much as the religious person.

Now, just IMAGINE the power that those emperors, kings, etc., must have held once they told the people that they have spoken to the gods or god and that they (he) are angry and that is why that famine occurred. The people have been misbehaving again! Just one of many examples of historical usages of "gods" to control the ignorant masses. Nowadays, we KNOW what causes a famine, a volcano, an earthquake. They are not "acts of gods." They are acts of nature and the earth and gravitational forces, etc. If there is a god you need to fear, it is Mother Nature!
Read your posts.
Your religious, or non-religious, orientation does not obviate you from objectively evaluating how you express yourself.

You are doing a poor job of making your point.

I've done a very nice job of expressing myself and my point. Like I said, you can't believe what it says in some ancient book, just because some person wrote it thousands of years ago. In fact, it is much less likely to be true given that fact. People believed in vampires and witches too at some point. They actually burned people alive and drowned them and tortured them based on these beliefs. The ones who didn't really believe, took full advantage of the situation and "arranged" for people to be accused of being witches, etc. We are not the same as those people. Technology and knowledge has since progressed at quite a rapid pace since those times. We understand much more about how our world works, and it has nothing to do with gods. The only thing you do is make correlations between what it says in your ancient book and actual science, but no actual science supports that anything is related to the act of any god. There is just nothing to suggest such a thing even exists!
Once again you demonstrate that you are not focusing on the give and take.
You religiousity is not the issue.
Your vicious hatred of people who believe in a diety is reprehensible.

Is this the best you can do? Lol. Really? You are doing a terrible job at representing your religion and defending it. Now, what about the question of stars and galaxies being born I asked in my post above?

Please repeat the question concerning stars and galaxies and we can have a conversation concerning the subject of astronomy which is a far less accurate science, thus far in history, than Geology, which is pathetically inaccurate until we actually dig.

Why would I have to repeat it? It is right on this same page! :uhh: You do realize that astronomers study space and the universe, correct? I have yet to hear anything about discovering a god manipulating planets and such things. Or is he just invisible?

hs-2004-07-i-large_web.jpg

Here is a picture of a young galaxy just beginning to form. Where is the god? Where does a god fit in here? Do religious people think that there is an invisible god there controlling everything? I'm not sure how you correlate scientific discoveries and observations of things going on in the universe with a god creating everything?

I don't know what you are talking about. There is no "hatred" on my end for anyone. Lol. Disagreeing with you and expressing my opinions doesn't mean I hate anyone. It's such a useless emotion that only hurts myself and no one else.
The besr
Read your posts.
Your religious, or non-religious, orientation does not obviate you from objectively evaluating how you express yourself.

I've done a very nice job of expressing myself and my point. Like I said, you can't believe what it says in some ancient book, just because some person wrote it thousands of years ago. In fact, it is much less likely to be true given that fact. People believed in vampires and witches too at some point. They actually burned people alive and drowned them and tortured them based on these beliefs. The ones who didn't really believe, took full advantage of the situation and "arranged" for people to be accused of being witches, etc. We are not the same as those people. Technology and knowledge has since progressed at quite a rapid pace since those times. We understand much more about how our world works, and it has nothing to do with gods. The only thing you do is make correlations between what it says in your ancient book and actual science, but no actual science supports that anything is related to the act of any god. There is just nothing to suggest such a thing even exists!

Is this the best you can do? Lol. Really? You are doing a terrible job at representing your religion and defending it. Now, what about the question of stars and galaxies being born I asked in my post above?
My ability to express myself is limited to the ability of the recipient to receive.
As I have been alerting others, you have left behind an electronic audit of your expressions on this subject.
My perception, limited to the conversions I have had with you in the last few years, is that you are a very hateful person when you are discussing religion. Far more hateful than you are in regards to almost any other topic.

Yet you are unable to point out anything that I have said that was "hateful." Because that is just another lie. I find that is common with religious folks though, they tend to lie a lot and not really walk the walk. They like to talk the talk though.

I don't believe we have had very many "conversations." Lol. Maybe one? I don't remember.
You want me to type your posts back in their entirety?

If you can't see your hate you have bigger problems than I can solve on a message board.
Heck, I'd like to see what you would post about something that upsets you.

Read your posts.

Please repeat the question concerning stars and galaxies and we can have a conversation concerning the subject of astronomy which is a far less accurate science, thus far in history, than Geology, which is pathetically inaccurate until we actually dig.

Why would I have to repeat it? It is right on this same page! :uhh: You do realize that astronomers study space and the universe, correct? I have yet to hear anything about discovering a god manipulating planets and such things. Or is he just invisible?

Here is a picture of a young galaxy just beginning to form. Where is the god? Where does a god fit in here? Do religious people think that there is an invisible god there controlling everything? I'm not sure how you correlate scientific discoveries and observations of things going on in the universe with a god creating everything?
I work with a guy who's been a member of Astronomy Associations for 20+ years; he's my source.
If he admits there are shortcomings in the science, who am I to argue.

I'm
Try to look at it as an extraterrestrial intervention on a planet filled with semi intelligent beings running amok for millions of years.

God is a living being that loves us like you would love an idiot son who most likely will disregard your advice and set aside your teaching and end up in a world of self inflicted hurt.

Some people just have to learn the hard way. That is not reflection of a flaw or an indication of malevolence in the teacher.
Idiot son? Hey I've been called worse.

But you really didn't answer the questions though and your analogy is flawed since the ETs didn't create me.

I doubt God is a living being in any sense of our conception of living. Maybe in the sense that the universe is 'living'. But you are right, some people just have to learn the hard way. Unjustly it is God who makes it hard, not us. God refuses to reveal himself (where's my burning bush?) and allows alternative versions of himself, each with different mores. How can I disregard his advice and set aside his teaching if I don't know what they are? This system is deeply flawed.

I wasn't calling you an idiot son, I was making an analogy about the relationship between God and human beings in general, including me.

And I didn't say that ET's created you, I said look at Genesis as if the creation of the concept of heaven and earth, a wold above and a world below, was an alien intervention on our existing species that had been running amok like wild animals without a clue, "darkness covered the face of the deep", for the previous millions of years.

If you don't know what his teachings are, look and look and keep on looking util you find it. In the meantime use the common sense that God gave a rodent to figure out what his teachings cannot possibly be about.

If you don't look you will surely find nothing.
It is a bit maddening when people haven't been exposed to learning "out of the box" and take every nuance as an insult.

It sounds as if you are speaking about yourself though! :lol: Too funny.
Today's exchange with you is not much more enlightening than I have see between you and others here over the last few years regarding almost any topic.

I don't know what you are talking about. There is no "hatred" on my end for anyone. Lol. Disagreeing with you and expressing my opinions doesn't mean I hate anyone. It's such a useless emotion that only hurts myself and no one else.
The besr

My ability to express myself is limited to the ability of the recipient to receive.
As I have been alerting others, you have left behind an electronic audit of your expressions on this subject.
My perception, limited to the conversions I have had with you in the last few years, is that you are a very hateful person when you are discussing religion. Far more hateful than you are in regards to almost any other topic.

Yet you are unable to point out anything that I have said that was "hateful." Because that is just another lie. I find that is common with religious folks though, they tend to lie a lot and not really walk the walk. They like to talk the talk though.

I don't believe we have had very many "conversations." Lol. Maybe one? I don't remember.

If you can't see your hate you have bigger problems than I can solve on a message board.

You could quote them?? :eusa_doh: Would you like me to quote yours where you have been insulting? I can do that quite easily and I'm totally up for the challenge. Now, if you are going to make accusations (especially false ones), then you can at least provide some evidence (I know you hate having to provide any evidence but too bad).

If you think that a person who has an opposing viewpoint or a different viewpoint than yours is "hateful" then I suppose that would be your own problem and not mine. :eusa_think:

I'm
Try to look at it as an extraterrestrial intervention on a planet filled with semi intelligent beings running amok for millions of years.

God is a living being that loves us like you would love an idiot son who most likely will disregard your advice and set aside your teaching and end up in a world of self inflicted hurt.

Some people just have to learn the hard way. That is not reflection of a flaw or an indication of malevolence in the teacher.

But you really didn't answer the questions though and your analogy is flawed since the ETs didn't create me.

I doubt God is a living being in any sense of our conception of living. Maybe in the sense that the universe is 'living'. But you are right, some people just have to learn the hard way. Unjustly it is God who makes it hard, not us. God refuses to reveal himself (where's my burning bush?) and allows alternative versions of himself, each with different mores. How can I disregard his advice and set aside his teaching if I don't know what they are? This system is deeply flawed.

I wasn't calling you an idiot son, I was making an analogy about the relationship between God and human beings in general, including me.

And I didn't say that ET's created you, I said look at Genesis as if the creation of the concept of heaven and earth, a wold above and a world below, was an alien intervention on our existing species that had been running amok like wild animals without a clue, "darkness covered the face of the deep", for the previous millions of years.

If you don't know what his teachings are, look and look and keep on looking util you find it. In the meantime use the common sense that God gave a rodent to figure out what his teachings cannot possibly be about.

It is a bit maddening when people haven't been exposed to learning "out of the box" and take every nuance as an insult.

Today's exchange with you is not much more enlightening than I have see between you and others here over the last few years regarding almost any topic.

Such as? Look, I think you have made it quite clear that you have nothing. :D All you have done for the last several pages is TRY to insult me in a "round about" way. Well, guess what? It's not working. I'm still going to ask questions of you religious folks on the forum, whether you find it hateful or not is rather inconsequential to me.

I'm

And I've read some of your rather nonsensical troll posts before as well. But don't try to act as if you "know" me or something. You aren't special enough, cute enough or nice enough to be a part of THIS inner circle. ;)

The besr

You could quote them?? :eusa_doh: Would you like me to quote yours where you have been insulting? I can do that quite easily and I'm totally up for the challenge. Now, if you are going to make accusations (especially false ones), then you can at least provide some evidence (I know you hate having to provide any evidence but too bad).

If you think that a person who has an opposing viewpoint or a different viewpoint than yours is "hateful" then I suppose that would be your own problem and not mine. :eusa_think:
Interesting post....between the 2 of us, who has been accused of being nasty by other posters on this Thread.
Not I.

I am think it's a good thing you take notes for a living and don't have to analyze because you're not too bright.
I am not presuming you're not a nice person or fun to be with.
You just don't seem to be able to comprehend the simplest of statements that don't fit with you paradigm of life.

Now go ahead and click the Smile Icon and notice how no one besides myself is even giving cognizance to your input.

I work with a guy who's been a member of Astronomy Associations for 20+ years; he's my source.

Mmm hmm. Yeah sure you do. Lol! You have no answers. You know nothing. You are just as much in the dark as anyone else. Holy books are just not as convincing as they were thousands of years ago when people were ignorant of how things worked. :)

The besr

Interesting post....between the 2 of us, who has been accused of being nasty by other posters on this Thread.
Not I.

I am think it's a good thing you take notes for a living and don't have to analyze because you're not too bright.
You just don't seem to be able to comprehend the simplest of statements that don't fit with you paradigm of life.

Now go ahead and click the Smile Icon and notice how no one besides myself is even giving cognizance to your input.

Well, that's untrue. I've had a whole bunch of likes on this thread. :D Does that anger you as well? Now the topic isn't about me. It's about your religious beliefs. I don't care if you think I'm nice or whatnot. It makes no difference in my life or in this conversation. Now, if you would kindly answer some of the questions I asked, that would be great . . .because THAT is how you have a conversation.

I'm

And I've read some of your rather nonsensical troll posts before as well. But don't try to act as if you "know" me or something. You aren't special enough, cute enough or nice enough to be a part of THIS inner circle. ;)
Considering your response in the past to my believing to God is that I'm a fucking idiot, it's no shock that you consider anyone who's not an atheist to be a troll.
Heck, I remember you actually started a Thread to discuss religion vs mythology and you showed immense respect to the atheists and told the God believing folks to get the heck out of thread that you started to discuss the topic; the other main contributor was sealybooboo and you fell in love with his posts because he doesn't believe in God.

You see, I pay attention to what people post.

The besr

Not I.

So, let's get back on the topic. Religious beliefs. The picture I posted earlier of the young galaxy forming which has been being observed pretty much constantly by astronomers and scientists, etc., where does a god fit in there? Does he have invisible hands that are manipulating these galaxies? How does this magic work?

Mmm hmm. Yeah sure you do. Lol! You have no answers. You know nothing. You are just as much in the dark as anyone else. Holy books are just not as convincing as they were thousands of years ago when people were ignorant of how things worked. :)

As if you have opened one since you were...10?
You're too busy clubbing at night.
You see, I remember what you post because I pay attention to what people have to say.

I'm

Considering your response in the past to my believing to God is that I'm a fucking idiot, it's no shock that you consider anyone who's not an atheist to be a troll.
Heck, I remember you actually started a Thread to discuss religion vs mythology and you showed immense respect to the atheists and told the God believing folks to get the heck out of thread that you started to discuss the topic; the other main contributor was sealybooboo and you fell in love with his posts because he doesn't believe in God.

You see, I pay attention to what people post.

Quote the post please. I'm waiting. Like I said earlier, I have family members who are religious. I think the belief is silly, yes. I don't think my relatives are fucking idiots though.

The besr

Not I.

So, let's get back on the topic. Religious beliefs. The picture I posted earlier of the young galaxy forming which has been being observed pretty much constantly by astronomers and scientists, etc., where does a god fit in there? Does he have invisible hands that are manipulating these galaxies? How does this magic work?
If God created a universe where grass and crops renew, and human bodies heal and etc. Why wouldn't the same laws of physics apply to various collected and chaotic forces of energy.

Your question doesn't even make sense.

As if you have opened one since you were...10?
You're too busy clubbing at night.
You see, I remember what you post because I pay attention to what people have to say.

The topic isn't about me. It's about religious beliefs. So what do you think god is doing to all of the planets? Is god creating these galaxies, or are they forming from natural occurrences in space?

Not I.

If God created a universe where grass and crops renew, and human bodies heal and etc. Why wouldn't the same laws of physics apply to various collected and chaotic forces of energy.

Well apparently gods don't operate under any "laws of physics." :D LOL! How do you think a god would "create" a universe? Do you really believe it is a god behind the scenes and not a natural occurrence?

I believe galaxies and planets are created by natural occurrences that have nothing to do with any gods. Same with the evolution of human beings. Just the right mix of ingredients in the right circumstances, kind of like when you throw a seed out the window and it turns into a flower without even being buried.

Not I.

Well apparently gods don't operate under any "laws of physics." :D LOL! How do you think a god would "create" a universe? Do you really believe it is a god behind the scenes and not a natural occurrence?
I could never imagine an obnoxious drunken idiot like you being a natural occurrance of nature.
That would be terrifying.
And now for the moment I have been really trying to avoid for over 2 year...
You're as stupid as they come but not in the least bit amusing...You're earned Ignore.

Not I.

I could never imagine an obnoxious drunken idiot like you being a natural occurrance of nature.
That would be terrifying.
And now for the moment I have been really trying to avoid for over 2 year...
You're as stupid as they come but not in the least bit amusing...You're earned Ignore.

Lol! OMG. What a melt down!

I don't drink, so . . . yet more lies from a so-called "god fearing man." You are more like an afraid little child than any kind of man though. Bye bye, pussy.

Forum List

Back