Reconstructing Q: Some Research Done

What? Not at all. Lol. I'm just giving my opinions on the subject matter. I don't hang out with religious people. The religious people in my family keep it cool. If a religious person with pamphlets shows up at my door, I just don't answer it. Lol. Nobody's home! Go away! Do NOT come back another day! :D
Giving an opinion while slandering how many people?
How atheist of you.

Slandering other people? How do you figure? I'm arguing about the truth of religious beliefs. Are you saying that topic is off limits? People HAVE to believe or else they are "slandering" you? No, that's not how it works in today's world. That may have been the case 2000 years ago though. :)
Do you read what you post?
You have made this visciously personal.
Your posts lead me to believe you have been emotionally assaulted by almost everyone in your life.

If this is not so, you need anger management.

Stop making personal comments about me and stick to defending your religious beliefs. Your gods would not approve of your "tactics" I'm sure. :)
Read your posts...you're calling us assholes and expecting us not to respond.

Nowhere did I call anyone in this thread an asshole. If you want to adopt that term to describe yourself, then go for it though!

I wonder if there is a little Jewish man in your head telling you, "this little Shiksa is getting the better, and you are losing your cool." :D Lol!

Giving an opinion while slandering how many people?
How atheist of you.

Slandering other people? How do you figure? I'm arguing about the truth of religious beliefs. Are you saying that topic is off limits? People HAVE to believe or else they are "slandering" you? No, that's not how it works in today's world. That may have been the case 2000 years ago though. :)
Your posts lead me to believe you have been emotionally assaulted by almost everyone in your life.

Stop making personal comments about me and stick to defending your religious beliefs. Your gods would not approve of your "tactics" I'm sure. :)

Nowhere did I call anyone in this thread an asshole. If you want to adopt that term to describe yourself, then go for it though!

I wonder if there is a little Jewish man in your head telling you, "this little Shiksa is getting the better, and you are losing your cool." :D Lol!
You have not insulted me but you are rather damning of Christians.
I get Jews for Jesus and missionaries up my kazoo all the time ane I feel really sorry for their comic book version of God and His creation.

I get Jews for Jesus and missionaries up my kazoo all the time ane I feel really sorry for their comic book version of God and His creation.

Doubting your beliefs and expressing my opinions of them is not "insulting" you or anyone else. I am free to express MY beliefs and my opinions as much as the religious person.

Now, just IMAGINE the power that those emperors, kings, etc., must have held once they told the people that they have spoken to the gods or god and that they (he) are angry and that is why that famine occurred. The people have been misbehaving again! Just one of many examples of historical usages of "gods" to control the ignorant masses. Nowadays, we KNOW what causes a famine, a volcano, an earthquake. They are not "acts of gods." They are acts of nature and the earth and gravitational forces, etc. If there is a god you need to fear, it is Mother Nature!

You can kind of understand how doubt and knowledge and expressing your opinions would be "forbidden fruit." Lol.

Doubting your beliefs and expressing my opinions of them is not "insulting" you or anyone else. I am free to express MY beliefs and my opinions as much as the religious person.

Now, just IMAGINE the power that those emperors, kings, etc., must have held once they told the people that they have spoken to the gods or god and that they (he) are angry and that is why that famine occurred. The people have been misbehaving again! Just one of many examples of historical usages of "gods" to control the ignorant masses. Nowadays, we KNOW what causes a famine, a volcano, an earthquake. They are not "acts of gods." They are acts of nature and the earth and gravitational forces, etc. If there is a god you need to fear, it is Mother Nature!
Read your posts.
Your religious, or non-religious, orientation does not obviate you from objectively evaluating how you express yourself.

You are doing a poor job of making your point.

Read your posts.
Your religious, or non-religious, orientation does not obviate you from objectively evaluating how you express yourself.

I've done a very nice job of expressing myself and my point. Like I said, you can't believe what it says in some ancient book, just because some person wrote it thousands of years ago. In fact, it is much less likely to be true given that fact. People believed in vampires and witches too at some point. They actually burned people alive and drowned them and tortured them based on these beliefs. The ones who didn't really believe, took full advantage of the situation and "arranged" for people to be accused of being witches, etc. We are not the same as those people. Technology and knowledge has since progressed at quite a rapid pace since those times. We understand much more about how our world works, and it has nothing to do with gods. The only thing you do is make correlations between what it says in your ancient book and actual science, but no actual science supports that anything is related to the act of any god. There is just nothing to suggest such a thing even exists!

Anyways, I suppose there is always the possibility that there is some higher power out there somewhere in the universe fucking with us. I doubt it though. If there is a higher power, it is probably NOTHING like what is described in any holy book. Are we even a blip on it's radar? Were we an accidental creation? What the fuck is going on on the other side of the universe? Who the hell knows? There's only one way to find out, and those people aren't talking!

What is your opinion of when astronomers view a planet being "born?" Do you believe there is an invisible hands of a god on the planet, forming it like you would form a vase from clay? I don't get it. We have seen planets form, but yet you doubt the big bang theory? I just don't see the logic in these beliefs, other than they make some, and I repeat SOME people feel good about death and dying. I can understand that better than most. It certainly is nice to believe that you will be in some heavenly paradise with your loved ones after your death.

Read your posts.

I've done a very nice job of expressing myself and my point. Like I said, you can't believe what it says in some ancient book, just because some person wrote it thousands of years ago. In fact, it is much less likely to be true given that fact. People believed in vampires and witches too at some point. They actually burned people alive and drowned them and tortured them based on these beliefs. The ones who didn't really believe, took full advantage of the situation and "arranged" for people to be accused of being witches, etc. We are not the same as those people. Technology and knowledge has since progressed at quite a rapid pace since those times. We understand much more about how our world works, and it has nothing to do with gods. The only thing you do is make correlations between what it says in your ancient book and actual science, but no actual science supports that anything is related to the act of any god. There is just nothing to suggest such a thing even exists!
Once again you demonstrate that you are not focusing on the give and take.
You religiousity is not the issue.
Your vicious hatred of people who believe in a diety is reprehensible.

I don't know what you are talking about. There is no "hatred" on my end for anyone. Lol. Disagreeing with you and expressing my opinions doesn't mean I hate anyone. It's such a useless emotion that only hurts myself and no one else.

Read your posts.

Is this the best you can do? Lol. Really? You are doing a terrible job at representing your religion and defending it. Now, what about the question of stars and galaxies being born I asked in my post above?

Basically it boils down to this . . . here is my book. Read it and believe in it. It should be evidence enough and proof enough for EVERYONE that this "god" creature exists. If not, you will burn in hell for eternity or be "punished" in some horrible way. Lol.

Well, no, that is not enough evidence for some people. That is just how it is and how it will always be.

What about the people from the Stone Ages? There were human beings around for a LONG time before there was a Christian, Jewish, or Muslim religious book. Explain to me what happened to all of those people who probably had a bunch of scattered religious belief systems?

hs-2004-07-i-large_web.jpg

Here is a picture of a young galaxy just beginning to form. Where is the god? Where does a god fit in here? Do religious people think that there is an invisible god there controlling everything? I'm not sure how you correlate scientific discoveries and observations of things going on in the universe with a god creating everything?

Maybe those two lights at the top of the picture are the eyes of god? :D

I don't know what you are talking about. There is no "hatred" on my end for anyone. Lol. Disagreeing with you and expressing my opinions doesn't mean I hate anyone. It's such a useless emotion that only hurts myself and no one else.
The besr

Read your posts.

Is this the best you can do? Lol. Really? You are doing a terrible job at representing your religion and defending it. Now, what about the question of stars and galaxies being born I asked in my post above?
My ability to express myself is limited to the ability of the recipient to receive.
As I have been alerting others, you have left behind an electronic audit of your expressions on this subject.
My perception, limited to the conversions I have had with you in the last few years, is that you are a very hateful person when you are discussing religion. Far more hateful than you are in regards to almost any other topic.

Read your posts.

Please repeat the question concerning stars and galaxies and we can have a conversation concerning the subject of astronomy which is a far less accurate science, thus far in history, than Geology, which is pathetically inaccurate until we actually dig.

Try to look at it as an extraterrestrial intervention on a planet filled with semi intelligent beings running amok for millions of years.

God is a living being that loves us like you would love an idiot son who most likely will disregard your advice and set aside your teaching and end up in a world of self inflicted hurt.

Some people just have to learn the hard way. That is not reflection of a flaw or an indication of malevolence in the teacher.
Idiot son? Hey I've been called worse.

But you really didn't answer the questions though and your analogy is flawed since the ETs didn't create me.

I doubt God is a living being in any sense of our conception of living. Maybe in the sense that the universe is 'living'. But you are right, some people just have to learn the hard way. Unjustly it is God who makes it hard, not us. God refuses to reveal himself (where's my burning bush?) and allows alternative versions of himself, each with different mores. How can I disregard his advice and set aside his teaching if I don't know what they are? This system is deeply flawed.

I wasn't calling you an idiot son, I was making an analogy about the relationship between God and human beings in general, including me.

And I didn't say that ET's created you, I said look at Genesis as if the creation of the concept of heaven and earth, a world above and a world below, was an extraterrestrial intervention on our existing species that had been running amok like wild animals without a clue, "darkness covered the face of the deep", for the previous millions of years.

If you don't know what his teachings are, look and look and keep on looking util you find it. In the meantime use the common sense that God gave a rodent to figure out what his teachings cannot possibly be about.

If you don't look you will surely find nothing.

Last edited:
Try to look at it as an extraterrestrial intervention on a planet filled with semi intelligent beings running amok for millions of years.

God is a living being that loves us like you would love an idiot son who most likely will disregard your advice and set aside your teaching and end up in a world of self inflicted hurt.

Some people just have to learn the hard way. That is not reflection of a flaw or an indication of malevolence in the teacher.

But you really didn't answer the questions though and your analogy is flawed since the ETs didn't create me.

I doubt God is a living being in any sense of our conception of living. Maybe in the sense that the universe is 'living'. But you are right, some people just have to learn the hard way. Unjustly it is God who makes it hard, not us. God refuses to reveal himself (where's my burning bush?) and allows alternative versions of himself, each with different mores. How can I disregard his advice and set aside his teaching if I don't know what they are? This system is deeply flawed.

I wasn't calling you an idiot son, I was making an analogy about the relationship between God and human beings in general, including me.

And I didn't say that ET's created you, I said look at Genesis as if the creation of the concept of heaven and earth, a wold above and a world below, was an alien intervention on our existing species that had been running amok like wild animals without a clue, "darkness covered the face of the deep", for the previous millions of years.

If you don't know what his teachings are, look and look and keep on looking util you find it. In the meantime use the common sense that God gave a rodent to figure out what his teachings cannot possibly be about.

It is a bit maddening when people haven't been exposed to learning "out of the box" and take every nuance as an insult.

The besr

Read your posts.

My ability to express myself is limited to the ability of the recipient to receive.
As I have been alerting others, you have left behind an electronic audit of your expressions on this subject.
My perception, limited to the conversions I have had with you in the last few years, is that you are a very hateful person when you are discussing religion. Far more hateful than you are in regards to almost any other topic.

Yet you are unable to point out anything that I have said that was "hateful." Because that is just another lie. I find that is common with religious folks though, they tend to lie a lot and not really walk the walk. They like to talk the talk though.

I don't believe we have had very many "conversations." Lol. Maybe one? I don't remember.

And I didn't say that ET's created you, I said look at Genesis as if the creation of the concept of heaven and earth, a wold above and a world below, was an alien intervention on our existing species that had been running amok like wild animals without a clue, "darkness covered the face of the deep", for the previous millions of years.

It is a bit maddening when people haven't been exposed to learning "out of the box" and take every nuance as an insult.

It sounds as if you are speaking about yourself though! :lol: Too funny.

Forum List

Back