🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Record 94,610,000 Americans Not in Labor Force - Breitbart

Our employment numbers are at a record high. We've never had more people working than we do right now.
More people including immigrants not more Americans than ever. You are missing the point.

5 Reasons Why Fewer Americans Are Working
1,154,000 Fewer Americans Working Today Than 6 Years Ago

Total non-farm employment in 2008 peaked at 138,365,000 in Janary of that year. Total non-farm employment this year is 142,371,000 as of September.

Says who? Says the BLS:

Graph: Total nonfarm payroll employment (seasonally adjusted)

That's about 4 million MORE Americans working than 2008. If we include farm workers, then the numbers peak at 146,378,000 for January of 2008. With 148,800,000 working as of September of this year. That's 2.5 million MORE Americans working than in 2008.

Says who? Again, says the BLS:

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

What was your point again?

Yeah, I just disproved the claim with the BLS's own numbers.
You did actually fact check your claims before posting them, right?

More Americans are working today than anytime in our nation's history. By 2.5 to 4 million folks, depending on which measure you use. Says who? The BLS's own numbers. If you have better numbers, present them. But they'll have to be better than the BLS.
My numbers are from the BLS. read the link again you posted before I was done editing.

Your source SAYS they are from the BLS. But has no links to anything. My source is the BLS itself, with every link being the BLS directly.

Now you try. Go to the BLS and show us how 1,154,000 fewer Americans are working now than in 2008. Not a random CNS article 'saying' its quoting the BLS. But the actual BLS.

Good luck.

Where are the idiot Democrats who spout lower unemployment under Obama than under Bush.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that a record 94,610,000 people (ages 16 and over) were not in the labor force in September. In other words they were neither employed nor had made specific efforts to find work in the prior four weeks.

The number of individuals out of the work force last month — due to discouragement, retirement or otherwise — represented a substantial 579,000 person increase over the most recent record, hit in August, of 94,031,000 people out of the workforce.

While the prior two months saw a labor force participation rate of 62.2 percent, September’s participation rate dropped to 62.4 percent, matching the lowest level seen since October 1977.

The civilian labor force in September clocked in at 156,715,000, declining by 350,000 people, compared to August’s 157,065,000 labor force level.

In total 148,800,000 people were employed last month, 7,915,000 were unemployed, and 5,955,000 people were looking for a job.
Record 94,610,000 Americans Not in Labor Force - Breitbart

Our employment numbers are at a record high. We've never had more people working than we do right now.
More people including immigrants not more Americans than ever. You are missing the point.

Total non-farm employment in 2008 peaked at 138,365,000 in Janary of that year. Total non-farm employment this year is 142,371,000 as of September.

Says who? Says the BLS:

That's about 4 million MORE Americans working than 2008. If we include farm workers, then the numbers peak at 146,378,000 for January of 2008. With 148,800,000 working as of September of this year. That's 2.5 million MORE Americans working than in 2008.

according to the BLS
(CNSNews.com) - 1,154,000 fewer Americans are working today than six years ago, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

In January 2008,

And yet when I go to the BLS website directly, they indicate that we have more people working today than in 2008.

January 2008: 146,378,000
September 2015: 148,800,000

Non Farm Employment:

January 2008: 138,365,000
September 2015: 142,371,000

How do you account for the wild discrepancy between your claims....and what the BLS actually says?

Says who? Says the BLS:

More Americans are working today than anytime in our nation's history. By 2.5 to 4 million folks, depending on which measure you use. Says who? The BLS's own numbers. If you have better numbers, present them. But they'll have to be better than the BLS.
My numbers are from the BLS. read the link again you posted before I was done editing.

Your source SAYS they are from the BLS. But has no links to anything. My source is the BLS itself, with every link being the BLS directly.

Now you try. Go to the BLS and show us how 1,154,000 fewer Americans are working now than in 2008. Not a random CNS article 'saying' its quoting the BLS. But the actual BLS.

Good luck.
Your numbers include immigrants thus don't count, I'm talking red blooded Americans.

Says who? Says the BLS:

Good luck.
Your numbers include immigrants thus don't count, I'm talking red blooded Americans.

Says who? There's you....and you.

Show me the BLS saying this. You citing yourself is meaningless.

Either way you are still lying, no surprise there!

6 years ago there were 117,215,000 Americans working and there are 124,052,000 now. That is 6.8 million more AMERICANS.
Over the same period foreign workers went from 22,226,000 to 24,928,000 now. An increase of 2.7 million or 60% LESS than the increase in American workers.

Once again your lying scum America hating CON$ervative sources lied to you and once again you were too STUPID to catch them, SUCKER!

Bush left office after destroying the economy.

Come on. DemWits took congress starting 07' (spending) housing collapsed. Not all on GWB. In fact his 7 years prior were pretty good for a go-along get-along RINO. GWB shoulda' used some VETO?

Another interesting tidbit
src.adapt.960.high.HE_ep5_jobs_v5_web.1430506926728.jpg

Official ‘unemployment’ rate understates true U.S. joblessness

When it comes to parsing labor statistics — and thus getting a true sense of the health of the American economy — it seems the devil is in the details. While the “U3” rate of unemployment commonly cited by the Bureau of Labor Statistics suggests that 19 out of 20 people have a job, another measure, “U6,” also includes discouraged workers and those “marginally attached” to the labor force. That rate dropped to 10.9 percent in March.

“U6 is more reflective of the state of unemployment situation,” said Adam Hersh, an economist at the Roosevelt Institute. “It captures people not counted as unemployed [in U3]: discouraged workers who’ve given up looking for work, and also measures people who are working part time for economic reasons.”

Hersh added that even “U6 is not capturing the full extent of the situation because people dropped out of the labor force.”

Of all the issues we have going on in this country, why do people stress the poor....why?

Because for 50 years DemWits have been handing them cash not to work (OK to breed) stacked up like cordwood in inner cities. As long as they vote Dem no matter how they live or what cost to USA! Yes there is large cost and yes there are about 1-2 killings per day in these cities. Now DemWits see another "pool" to pay off........the illegals (and they will use the legal brown poor too). Open border.

Of all the issues we have going on in this country, why do people stress the poor....why?

Because for 50 years DemWits have been handing them cash not to work (OK to breed) stacked up like cordwood in inner cities. As long as they vote Dem no matter how they live or what cost to USA! Yes there is large cost and yes there are about 1-2 killings per day in these cities. Now DemWits see another "pool" to pay off........the illegals (and they will use the legal brown poor too). Open border.

Hey dumb ass, did your party or did they not run this last election scaring the fuck out of you white shit heads over illegal immigration and doing something about the borders????? Uh, how's that shit working out for you mindless morons? Again, you really want to talk about money being handed to mf's that not only don't need it, but do work, with labor shit overseas.....???? Talk to the oil industry, Wall Street, who actually get tax incentives to ship your fuckin job overseas, talk to the farm industry, that hires illegals, that get your hard earned tax dollars, need I continue or are you feeling stupid right now?

upload_2015-10-4_19-25-58.jpeg

did your party or did they not run this last election scaring the fuck out of you white shit heads over illegal immigration

Romney is a marshmallow. He said something about self-deportation, no there was ZERO giant blow up about illegal immigration. Obama has border guards on stand down, running day care centers. You better listen to some Trump to get the truth about illegal immigrants. Wide open all year long.

did your party or did they not run this last election scaring the fuck out of you white shit heads over illegal immigration

Romney is a marshmallow. He said something about self-deportation, no there was ZERO giant blow up about illegal immigration. Obama has border guards on stand down, running day care centers. You better listen to some Trump to get the truth about illegal immigrants. Wide open all year long.

Dude, please stop being so nieve and just ignorant...I'm trying to tell you, your party always run with these scare tatics to get you morons to vote for them, Trump is a snake oil salesmen....visit some of his business venues in the country and look in the back, behind closed doors, illegals working every where for this mothefucka......LOLOLOLOL....you gotta stop believing in this clown, he's hood winking your white ass, fool!! He whines about China and ye the first thing he does is ship his clothing line over there to be made?? Why??? I mean, you guys are chumps to the core

At Trump hotel site, immigrant workers wary

“The majority of us are Hispanics, many who came illegally,” Arellano said in Spanish. “And we’re all here working very hard to build a better life for our families.”

Interviews with about 15 laborers helping renovate the Old Post Office Pavilion revealed that many of them had crossed the U.S-Mexico border illegally before they eventually settled in the Washington region to build new lives.

At Trump hotel site, immigrant workers wary

The republican rubes always buy the 'hard on illegasl' bullshit from their candidates. What they don't get...is that the guys who actually own their party make billions on illegal labor. They love the status quo. It provides them with a disposable work force that they can treat like shit, threaten and discard if they get uppity.

Which is why republicans in practice are almost always enacting the status quo. Its a money maker for the cash cows of the conservative movement.

Dude, please stop being so nieve and just ignorant...I'm trying to tell you, your party always run with these scare tatics to get you morons to vote for them, Trump is a snake oil salesmen....visit some of his business venues in the country and look in the back, behind closed doors, illegals working every where for this mothefucka......LOLOLOLOL....you gotta stop believing in this clown, he's hood winking your white ass, fool!! He whines about China and ye the first thing he does is ship his clothing line over there to be made?? Why??? I mean, you guys are chumps to the core

I don't know.......many of them do come to work farms, construction etc. BUT.......statistics 2014?***

According to FY 2014 USSC data, of 74,911 sentencing cases, citizens accounted for 43,479 (or 58.0 percent), illegal immigrants accounted for 27,505 (or 36.7 percent), legal immigrants made up 3,017 (or 4.0 percent), and the remainder (about 1 percent) were cases in which the offender was either extradited or had an unknown status.

Broken down by some of the primary offenses, illegal immigrants represented 16.8 percent of drug trafficking cases, 20.0 percent of kidnapping/hostage taking, 74.1 percent of drug possession, 12.3 percent of money laundering, and 12.0 percent of murder convictions.

I don't know.......many of them do come to work farms, construction etc. BUT.......statistics 2014?***

According to FY 2014 USSC data, of 74,911 sentencing cases, citizens accounted for 43,479 (or 58.0 percent), illegal immigrants accounted for 27,505 (or 36.7 percent), legal immigrants made up 3,017 (or 4.0 percent), and the remainder (about 1 percent) were cases in which the offender was either extradited or had an unknown status.

Broken down by some of the primary offenses, illegal immigrants represented 16.8 percent of drug trafficking cases, 20.0 percent of kidnapping/hostage taking, 74.1 percent of drug possession, 12.3 percent of money laundering, and 12.0 percent of murder convictions.

When you have those types of numbers in this country illegally of course you're gonna have high stats like that....but again, the GOP have both houses, all ran on this issues, where are the results?

When you have those types of numbers in this country illegally of course you're gonna have high stats like that....but again, the GOP have both houses, all ran on this issues, where are the results?
And where the heck were the republicans for the 6 years under Bush, with full control of house and senate?

Did illegals get rounded up, and herded out of here like animals? Did abortions stop or planned parenthood shut down?

funny how num nuts regurgitates the claim we teach Blacks and poor how to breed for votes and future voters, but then conservatives also claim we make certain blacks and the poor kill their own with planned parenthood....

you'd think they would make up their minds on which LIE to tell about us?

but again, the GOP have both houses, all ran on this issues, where are the results?

I agree. Now and during GWB years, nothing? It would seem a country with open border is not country? To come and go freely.....seems a bit too generous.

note: Illegals are ?? 5%= 10% ?? of poplulation but 37% of sentences? seems very high to me.

And where the heck were the republicans for the 6 years under Bush, with full control of house and senate?

Did illegals get rounded up, and herded out of here like animals? Did abortions stop or planned parenthood shut down?

funny how num nuts regurgitates the claim we teach Blacks and poor how to breed for votes and future voters, but then conservatives also claim we make certain blacks and the poor kill their own with planned parenthood....

you'd think they would make up their minds on which LIE to tell about us?
neither are lies. You just cant comprehend the point of what is stated.

Forum List

Back