Record December Surplus Further Limits GOP Attack Mantra!

The unemployment would be around 5% if the republicans had endorsed Obama's stimulus plans, particularly infrastructure improvements.

Or actually gave out block grants to hire more state workers..like they did under Reagan, G HW Bush and George W. Bush.

Yes, job killer policies, "bra". The UE would be in the 5% range, if not for his policies. :eusa_eh:

The unemployment would be around 5% if the republicans had endorsed Obama's stimulus plans, particularly infrastructure improvements.[/QUOTE]

You mean all those shovel ready non jobs??

100 % for 2 years and 2/3 control for almost 10 and its still the other guy???!!!

Wouldn't just be easier to say the Dems are incompetent?

Yes, job killer policies, "bra". The UE would be in the 5% range, if not for his policies. :eusa_eh:

The unemployment would be around 5% if the republicans had endorsed Obama's stimulus plans, particularly infrastructure improvements.

Nearly a trillion dollars in stimulus money and very little job creation. Yeah, you're sounding really bright right now. :eusa_whistle:

Would have been nice if the Conservative Governors like Jindal had used that money to actually create jobs instead of filling holes in the budget created by their tax cuts for the rich, eh?

Which were given on the theory that the "job creators" would create jobs.

They didn't.
The stimulus was a disaster on many levels, Sallow. I was never in favor of it, because there is never any oversight on our tax dollars being spent. I wish there was as tight of a committee overseeing the spending from our government as there is with the IRS collecting our money. :eusa_eh:

Nearly a trillion dollars in stimulus money and very little job creation. Yeah, you're sounding really bright right now. :eusa_whistle:

I repeat...if only the President's measures to beef up infrastructure and other stimulus had been embraced by Congress. That was a mere drop in the bucket.

Would have been nice if the Conservative Governors like Jindal had used that money to actually create jobs instead of filling holes in the budget created by their tax cuts for the rich, eh?
They didn't.

You mean like Rick Scott in Florida who took our stimulus money and gave his staff double digit raises and health insurance at $4 a month?

I repeat...if only the President's measures to beef up infrastructure and other stimulus had been embraced by Congress. That was a mere drop in the bucket.

They didn't.

You mean like Rick Scott in Florida who took our stimulus money and gave his staff double digit raises and health insurance at $4 a month?

Yeah, just keep throwing money at the problem, right? If nearly a trillion didn't get the job done then more wasn't going to work either. Nearly a trillion was just a drop in the bucket??????????????????????????????????????????????:lol:

Reminds me of those who think we don't spend enough on educating the kids because we're down the list in education in the world.....yet we spend more than any other country per child.
You people who think that just spend more is the answer are just naive or just down right stupid. I know which lonelaugher is, but you haven't been around enough to tell, NTG

Last edited:
Yeah, just keep throwing money at the problem, right? If nearly a trillion didn't get the job done then more wasn't going to work either. Nearly a trillion was just a drop in the bucket??????????????????????????????????????????????:lol:

Reminds me of those who think we don't spend enough on educating the kids because we're down the list in education in the world.....yet we spend more than any other country per child.
You people who think that just spend more is the answer are just naive or just down right stupid. I know which lonelaugher is, but you haven't been around enough to tell, NTG

No, you don't know me...and your narrow, uneducated mind doesn't possess the intelligence to have a rational conversation with me, so pick up your marbles and go play with children like you.

Money well spent is money well spent. Nobody can deny our infratructure is falling about. A comprehensive bill has been shot down by Republicans three times.

Schools? Why throw money at charter schools, staff salaries, etc? One child left behind? Worthless. Testing students to pass tests? Worthless.

Let's work along with the infrastructure spending to build new, modern, technically proficient schools in our nation. Train responsible teachers to teach students and pay them a decent wage - a professional wage. Put the emphasis on parental responsibility and quit demanding our teachers babysit your snot nosed brats.

There's more...you're just not worth sharing it...

Only NBC could report a 176 billion dollar deficit as a surplus. Strange things happen in the media when a left wing democrat is in office.
Wow.

The linked article didn't do anything of the sort, it pointed out there was a 50 billion dollar surplus in December, and a deficit of 176 billion for the three months starting in October. Both are true, and the December surplus is significant because it was a record.

There is so much juicy stuff to criticize about the economy, you really shouldn't need to manufacture shit to whine about too.

Nutters hate deficit reduction. Who knew?

Nutters don't count the 85 billion a month dumped on the rich by the FED-R and Obama.

That's a lot of tax dollars being created without a single job or anything being produced.

Take that away and markets go to shit and spending continues to rise. We don;t count in the 1.1ish trillion deficit spending the FED-R does every year.

No, you don't know me...and your narrow, uneducated mind doesn't possess the intelligence to have a rational conversation with me, so pick up your marbles and go play with children like you.

Money well spent is money well spent. Nobody can deny our infratructure is falling about. A comprehensive bill has been shot down by Republicans three times.

Schools? Why throw money at charter schools, staff salaries, etc? One child left behind? Worthless. Testing students to pass tests? Worthless.

Let's work along with the infrastructure spending to build new, modern, technically proficient schools in our nation. Train responsible teachers to teach students and pay them a decent wage - a professional wage. Put the emphasis on parental responsibility and quit demanding our teachers babysit your snot nosed brats.

There's more...you're just not worth sharing it...
Perhaps in your unreal pipe dream that you have we should also stamp out world hunger and disease. :cuckoo:

Keep dreaming, son.
PS you might want to lay off the attacking of another person's family members. (snot nosed brats) If I had any I just might have taken offense to it.
It's against board rules, FYI.

Easily seeing the absurdity image, GOP, on the TV, in the New Jersey traffic jams, in the successes of ACA, in the shut-down of the federal government, watching Speaker Boehner smoke--(Not A Fat Joke!): The House passed a $1.1 tril. federal budget, now on its way to the Senate!

House passes $1.1-trillion budget bill - NY Daily News

Obama elsewhere promised to by-pass Congress to get something done in the economy. Now even Congress has by-passed the 64 GOP who run it.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Young Warriors run from medicine lodges, filled with steam. Jump into the coldest water. Many maybe hoping they too, can catch pneumonia and die, like the House GOP do--month after month, year after year! Eskimo mainly wait to old age. Find flating ice-sheet. . .then shove off. . .Like House GOP, month after month, year after year. Kevorkian not needed, among some peoples!)

The GOP is now hastily bringing together some of their greatest minds to figure out:

1. How to spin this news in a doom and gloom manner....or
2. How to further stonewall and/or depress economic progress by any method they can devise....or
3. Somehow figure out how to give the GOP credit for the surplus.

I am sure Rush has his best people cooking up some great lie at this very moment! He may unveil them on his radio circus tomorrow.

The GOP is now hastily bringing together some of their greatest minds to figure out:

1. How to spin this news in a doom and gloom manner....or
2. How to further stonewall and/or depress economic progress by any method they can devise....or
3. Somehow figure out how to give the GOP credit for the surplus.

I am sure Rush has his best people cooking up some great lie at this very moment! He may unveil them on his radio circus tomorrow.

Yea things are so solid right now. What's the workforce participation rate again?

Only stupid losers like the people at work at CNBC demand a Labor Force Participation Rate exceeding 150% so as to include infants, the comotose, the infirm, the old, and to keep people out of school and the classrooms!

Actually: Even igloos are hard to build in the snow, much less cardbox homeless housing, Like Iceman poster personally created, likely supportive of the Bush administration--and possibly the Reagan Adminstration, and the other Bush Administration. GOP is for private sector methods, like at Target or at Neiman-Marcus IT.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(After all, now that Oprah is a billonaire, then there is no longer a race problem in the United States--except for a few who got elected, and kept the money. . .like Oprah. . .helping to kill off the others(?)!)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back