Refrigerator upgrade on Air Force One will cost $24 million

For $24 million, they could have built a McDonalds on AF 1

Not yet. They were just ordered and won’t be ready until 2024.
Trump has nothing to do with it-

Two outdated refrigerators being replaced on Air Force One will reportedly cost about $24 million.

The coolers on the presidential aircraft need to have the capacity to store 3,000 meals onboard, and two out of the five are in need of replacement, according to Defense One.

3K meals? Why? I can see maybe a little over half that, but seriously? 3K?

Nuclear war....stay up for a week or so....

I thought Trump got a new air force one?

Oh I thought it was already built, but wait a second it won't be finished till after he is president? Then why didn't the cheap skate upgrade to the refueling in mid air option?
From your own link, the answer was given:

"Proponents of the cut argue that aerial refueling is not necessary considering no president has ever used the capability, not even George W. Bush who loitered over the Gulf of Mexico in Air Force One for eight hours after the 9/11 attacks."

Never used.

We never had a nuclear war yet have we?

Hey I'll sell my $50 fridge to them for half of that.

24 million was the original list price for the Boeing 747. The whole plane.

for that kind of money you could --- I dunno, settle an entire fraud lawsuit with a Mexican judge from Indiana so it goes away before the electoral college votes.
The bitterness is eating you alive isn't it, poor dear? Look at it this way, your 401k wouldn't look nearly as great if Hillary was your President. She opposed everything Trump said he would do as President.

Not yet. They were just ordered and won’t be ready until 2024.

Two outdated refrigerators being replaced on Air Force One will reportedly cost about $24 million.

The coolers on the presidential aircraft need to have the capacity to store 3,000 meals onboard, and two out of the five are in need of replacement, according to Defense One.

3K meals? Why? I can see maybe a little over half that, but seriously? 3K?

Nuclear war....stay up for a week or so....

I thought Trump got a new air force one?

Oh I thought it was already built, but wait a second it won't be finished till after he is president? Then why didn't the cheap skate upgrade to the refueling in mid air option?
From your own link, the answer was given:

"Proponents of the cut argue that aerial refueling is not necessary considering no president has ever used the capability, not even George W. Bush who loitered over the Gulf of Mexico in Air Force One for eight hours after the 9/11 attacks."

Never used.

exactly the prezbo can fly anywhere and land in a fortified area without refueling

"i like food" - Eloquent Donald

we could have used that money as part of the money to build the wall!

Refrigerator upgrade for Air Force One to cost $24 million: report

What ... did Michelle wear out the last one?

the refrigerator upgrade has nothing to do with "liking food"

it has to do with security

with the number of whackado leftards out there

security has to be able to maintain a safe food supply for a long time where ever they land

same thing applies to the fast food the preszbo is seen eating when traveling

no one knows when or where the prezbo or rep will show up to order food

leaving no time for a crazed leftist to poison it

Hey I'll sell my $50 fridge to them for half of that.

24 million was the original list price for the Boeing 747. The whole plane.

for that kind of money you could --- I dunno, settle an entire fraud lawsuit with a Mexican judge from Indiana so it goes away before the electoral college votes.
The bitterness is eating you alive isn't it, poor dear? Look at it this way, your 401k wouldn't look nearly as great if Hillary was your President. She opposed everything Trump said he would do as President.

I don't have a "401k", so it would look exactly the same.

Thanks

I always figured Fat Donnie could eat 3000 meals

43kfCGv.gif

Trump's head on Hillary's body......nice!

Hmmm my fridge was $10 grand like idk 8 or 9 years ago. It's 4' wide and 7' tall. I can tell you from experience that it doesn't hold four peoples /dinner/ for even a week... I had three teens and a hungry husband and we stuffed it to the gills just to keep a couple days worth of groceries on hand, to hell with fitting any left overs or bulk purchases (like Costco) in there. We have a full size freezer in the garage too, just for meat bulk packs and Costco bulk frozen foods.

Even now, with only three adult men in the house I never have enough room... I'm trying to squeeze a second commercial size fridge/freezer into my garage as it is. I would /love/ to put on a walk-in fridge/freezer addition to the house; probably cost me about 50 grand. And again, that's just to feed four people over a week-ish. I don't even want to think about how huge a fridge to hold 3000 peoples meals for even a few days would be, and then to try to fit it into an airplane? Fuck that lol

None of those 3000 meals will ever be eaten
They are a "what if" we had a disaster that required AF1 to stay airborne for weeks

Those meals will stay frozen for years or whatever their expiration date is and then be thrown out and replaced with new meals that will never be eaten

Save the $24 million and replace it with 3000 MREs that will never be eaten
In a disaster of that magnitude, they can survive on MREs and still be eating better than those on the ground

I know the refrigerator units are big, because they have to store enough food to feed the Pres and his staff for weeks (or months) in the air, but 24 mil? Is that what restaurants pay for their big refrigerators?
I think Trump should say pbj and put the bread in a chest freezer--I'm not paying 24 mil for a refrigerator.

I know the refrigerator units are big, because they have to store enough food to feed the Pres and his staff for weeks (or months) in the air, but 24 mil? Is that what restaurants pay for their big refrigerators?
I think Trump should say pbj and put the bread in a chest freezer--I'm not paying 24 mil for a refrigerator.
What's wrong with MRE's? They don't require refrigeration.

What's wrong with MRE's? They don't require refrigeration.

Its all for a "what if" scenario

We have had AF1 for over 50 years and never needed to feed passengers and crew for weeks in the air
I think on 9-11 it stayed up for half a day

Why do they need frozen meals? They may taste better but in that situation, a meal is a meal

Forum List

Back