Registration of firearms leads to confiscation

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
When the second amendment is repealed then denying you keeping and bearing arms won't be called infringement. It will be called honouring the Constitution and upholding the law. :itsok:

applaus 1.gif

Please point to the Amendment where abortion is mentioned.
The Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment provides a "right to privacy."
I don't think you want to go down that "show me where it specifically says" route when comparing Second Amendment rights with others.

After all "arms" according to 2A is very specifically limited.
It's like me asking you to show me where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own an AR-15....or a .44.....or a 12 gauge, or any other modern firearms.
All it says is "arms."

IF, as you say, the SCOTUS only "affirmed a constitutional right" in the 2008 Heller case then the same statement MUST apply to the 1973 Roe v. Wade case.

Either BOTH rulings simply affirmed a constitutional right or they were both cases of SCOTUS legislating from the bench.

And if the former is the case then the recent Dobbs v. Jackson ruling must be unconstitutional.

You are correct, Heller did affirm the constitutional rights, in the second amendment. That is what SCOTUS does, interpret law, not create it.

SCOTUS, some 50 years ago 'created' an abortion law which was a violation of the constitution.

There is no constitutional amendment nor any mention whatsoever in the COTUS of any abortion rights, there never was a law.

SCOTUS did what it is supposed to do, they interpreted the COTUS and under the 10th amendment, determined the federal gov't 'created' law which it had no business doing, under the COTUS.

The Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment provides a "right to privacy."
I don't think you want to go down that "show me where it specifically says" route when comparing Second Amendment rights with others.

It's like me asking you to show me where in the Constitution does it say you have a right to own an AR-15....or a .44.....or a 12 gauge, or any other modern firearms.
All it says is "arms."

how are they limited?

it say you have a right to own an AR-15....or a .44.....or a 12 gauge, or any other modern firearms.

all of which are considered 'arms'

I don't care. I don't have a gun and I don't intend buying one.
I didn't either, ihealyou, until one of the dogs around here got bitten and died by its venom. Her replacement cost is $5,000. She was a Boston Terrier. There are no dogs quite like Boston Terriers. They are loyal and they love you completely. I hate guns too. But sometimes if you don't have one, snakes will get the idea there is nothing to fear by killing the dog you love with all your heart.

Last edited:
You are correct, Heller did affirm the constitutional rights, in the second amendment. That is what SCOTUS does, interpret law, not create it.

SCOTUS, some 50 years ago 'created' an abortion law which was a violation of the constitution.

There is no constitutional amendment nor any mention whatsoever in the COTUS of any abortion rights, there never was a law.

SCOTUS did what it is supposed to do, they interpreted the COTUS and under the 10th amendment, determined the federal gov't 'created' law which it had no business doing, under the COTUS.
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Ahem....

Privileges and Immunities Clause​

There has been some debate over the meaning of the Privileges and Immunities Clause with several possible original meanings. A question arises as to whether the clause meant that all state laws should be applied equally to its citizens or that state laws should have certain substantive content. The substantive view can be further divided into two categories. One view is that these privileges and immunities include all of the rights in the Constitution, including the Bill of Rights. Thus, this view sees the purpose of the Privileges and Immunities Clause as applying all of the rights in the Constitution to all of the states. Another view is that it only meant to make the Bill of Rights applicable to the states.

Amendment X​

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

And an abortion is a private medical procedure that is covered by the Due Process Clause of the 14th Amendment.
If so, why have the democrats been so vehement in depriving living humans in the womb of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness with state sponsored abortion?
This goes directly against your 14th amendment.

Forum List

Back