Registration of firearms leads to confiscation

Obviously you didn’t bother to read the letter, either, in your reckless, irresponsible rush to propagate your lie.

From the letter:

“Alternatively, you may bring your firearm(s) to another location where you are lawfully allowed to possess and store it.”

Or you did read the letter and decided to ignore the facts and post a lie anyway, typical of the dishonest, reprehensible right.

No firearms are being ‘confiscated’ – the registration of firearms does not result in ‘confiscation’ – the thread premise is a lie; this is just more lies and demagoguery about guns from the right.
What will happen if you don't do as the NYPD directed? What will happen?

How would possessing and storing it at another location be any different than me possessing it and storing it in my home?

If someone's breaking into my home, my firearm does me absolutely no good if I don't have immediate access to it...
He's dodging the question what will happen if you don't do has the NYPD directed what will happen?

No dumb ass. Guns are not allowed in special sensative areas. The NYPD telling them the guns have to be kept somewhere else, and giving them the option of storing them for the business owners. The business owners are free to store them any other place that is legal. They just can't keep them in those sensitive areas.
From your link
The letter reads:If this applies to your place of business, please bring your applicable firearm(s) to your local precinct in order for it to be safeguarded for you. Alternatively, you may bring your firearm(s) to another location where you are lawfully allowed to possess and store it. Lastly, you may contract with a Federally Licensed Firearms dealer (FFL) to store the firearm(s) for you – they may, however, charge for this service.”
Do criminals respect your touchy-feely “special sensitive areas” ?

Hum?

Last edited:

Bullshit ... Shall not be infringed ... Does not mean "unless we write another law and try to weasel our way around the protection".
Just stop ... No More ... Not an inch.

The Supreme Court has never ruled that weapon prohibitions in selected venues are 'un-Constitutional.'

In fact, the Bruen Court reaffirmed the constitutionality of regulating firearms in sensitive places:

‘In its ruling, the Court affirmed Heller’s doctrine of “sensitive places,” and specified that polling places fit in that category. Each of the justices agreed that it is “settled” that there are “‘sensitive places’ where carrying guns could be prohibited consistent with the Second Amendment.’

As a fact of law, therefore, no Constitutionally protected rights are being ‘circumvented’ – to claim otherwise is a lie.

No dumb ass. Guns are not allowed in special sensative areas. The NYPD telling them the guns have to be kept somewhere else, and giving them the option of storing them for the business owners. The business owners are free to store them any other place that is legal. They just can't keep them in those sensitive areas.
From your link
The letter reads:If this applies to your place of business, please bring your applicable firearm(s) to your local precinct in order for it to be safeguarded for you. Alternatively, you may bring your firearm(s) to another location where you are lawfully allowed to possess and store it. Lastly, you may contract with a Federally Licensed Firearms dealer (FFL) to store the firearm(s) for you – they may, however, charge for this service.”
So regerstrayion of firearms leads to confiscation.
City blocks are not sensitive places
Prisons are sensitive places. Courtrooms are sensitive places

Since the gun law changes have begun in New York, NYPD has sent a letter to time square business owner to bring in their firearms they can no longer have them in their business.
Letter Sent to NYC Business Owners Proves Registration Leads To Confiscation
So kiss my ass never going to register my firearms
Interesting. And now they're trying to get folks to register something else. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

The Supreme Court has never ruled that weapon prohibitions in selected venues are 'un-Constitutional.'

In fact, the Bruen Court reaffirmed the constitutionality of regulating firearms in sensitive places:

‘In its ruling, the Court affirmed Heller’s doctrine of “sensitive places,” and specified that polling places fit in that category. Each of the justices agreed that it is “settled” that there are “‘sensitive places’ where carrying guns could be prohibited consistent with the Second Amendment.’

As a fact of law, therefore, no Constitutionally protected rights are being ‘circumvented’ – to claim otherwise is a lie.
What is the logic behind this prohibition?

Thomas is going to spank your ass again. This too will he rule on

You had a cow over abortion being turned over to the states and it’s not a constitutional right.
The federal government didn't lose the right to regulate abortion. It just chose to not exercize it at this time. Removal of overriding federal guidelines is currently allowing states to do as they will. At some time, I believe the federal government will reassert it's supremacy and override all the current state laws. No new authority was granted to the states. They are just taking advantage of a temporary lack of federal guidance.

Forum List

Back