Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

If you would ever read the Federalist papers, you'd know how wrong you are, Polk:

Polk has forgotten more about US History than you will ever know, fat basement dwelling loser.

LOL. Do you have anything better to do than play the role of a cheerleader?

I could be doing lots of things. Right now while waiting for the Bruins games to start I am choosing to mock you.

It's been a hoot reading you flailing your way through this thread.

I say we return to the days when a filibuster was a filibuster. You have to stand on the floor and make a speech until you drop.

This literally phoning in a filibuster, anonymously, is the epitome of cowardice and laziness.

It reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer discovered he could get away with a bunch of shit by challenging anyone in his way to a duel - because they would back off and let him have his way. That is until someone accepted - then he shit himself.

I would prefer the old way too.

But something had to be done.

The something which needed to be done was honesty and civility. Obama and Reid have driven division with their dishonesty and rudeness. More common ground needed to be sought. Not greater swathes of scorched earth, prompted by the Democrats seeing that people were responding badly to their prior rounds of overreach and deception.

The GOP only has itself to blame.

And what is it about Majority Rule in the Senate that gets the GOP so angry?

Demographics not going your way? Awww. Boo hoo.

Exactly....

Hispanics are growing at 4.5% of the population every 10-12 years
Blacks are growing at .2% per decade
Asians have doubled over the past 10-15 years as a percentage.

Mexico
India
China
Philippines are where new Americans are coming from by 700 thousand a year.

Just gets worse for the homestead 19th century republicans from here on out!

Polk has forgotten more about US History than you will ever know, fat basement dwelling loser.

LOL. Do you have anything better to do than play the role of a cheerleader?
Article 15 is one best left lie. He's a doofus of first order.

Attitude-Glitters-33.gif

:lmao:

I say we return to the days when a filibuster was a filibuster. You have to stand on the floor and make a speech until you drop.

This literally phoning in a filibuster, anonymously, is the epitome of cowardice and laziness.

It reminds me of a Simpsons episode where Homer discovered he could get away with a bunch of shit by challenging anyone in his way to a duel - because they would back off and let him have his way. That is until someone accepted - then he shit himself.

of course its all good as long as you're in power when its done.......well, you're no stranger to intellectually vacuous positions, so coming out of the woodwork now was preordained. :lol:

The something which needed to be done was honesty and civility. Obama and Reid have driven division with their dishonesty and rudeness. More common ground needed to be sought. Not greater swathes of scorched earth, prompted by the Democrats seeing that people were responding badly to their prior rounds of overreach and deception.

Bwahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Sen. Reid on the nuclear option in 2008.:D:popcorn:

:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ojq-o4FQ1x0]Throwback Thursday: Sen. Reid on the Nuclear Option - YouTube[/ame]

of course its all good as long as you're in power when its done.......well, you're no stranger to intellectually vacuous positions, so coming out of the woodwork now was preordained. :lol:

Frankly, I don't give a shit about this. The GOP could have the White House and Senate in 2016 and we can have an up and down vote on nominees. I'd prefer that to filibustering by default. No biggie to me.

I just came here to observe the nutter meltdown. USMB never disappoints.

Reid needs to just ram it through. McConnell & co are merely speed bumps. Democracy is preferable to permanent inaction.

obama 2005-

“I sense that talk of the nuclear option is more about power than about fairness,” “I believe some of my colleagues propose this rules change because they can get away with it rather than because they know it’s good for our democracy.”

“The American people want less partisanship in this town, but everyone in this chamber knows that if the majority chooses to end the filibuster – if they choose to change the rules and put an end to democratic debate – then the fighting and the bitterness and the gridlock will only get worse,”

Obama 2013

“The gears of government have to work and the step that a majority of senators took today I think will help make those gears work just a little bit better,” he said in a statement from the White House briefing room.

Senate guts filibuster power | TheHill

Ah, the king of intellectual dishonesty, the purveyor of the disingenuous weighs in!

It's almost as if shit is totally different now that it was then.

fark_75iw0WS4hZfZO5IYHiv8RZAvtJk.png

Go fuck yourself.

hey, I am not the imbecile that argued for and supported the right for elected representatives to flee their state to avoid votes......:lol:

ahh poor Art......my condolences on your failure to curb your coprolalia, don't worry though, obamacare has a mental health benefit now, good luck with that. :cool:

Frankly, I don't give a shit about this. The GOP could have the White House and Senate in 2016 and we can have an up and down vote on nominees. I'd prefer that to filibustering by default. No biggie to me.

I just came here to observe the nutter meltdown. USMB never disappoints.

uh huh :lol: ...bon voyage art.....

The GOP only has itself to blame.

And what is it about Majority Rule in the Senate that gets the GOP so angry?

Demographics not going your way? Awww. Boo hoo.

Exactly....

Hispanics are growing at 4.5% of the population every 10-12 years
Blacks are growing at .2% per decade
Asians have doubled over the past 10-15 years as a percentage.

Mexico
India
China
Philippines are where new Americans are coming from by 700 thousand a year.

Just gets worse for the homestead 19th century republicans from here on out!

The Senate Dems represent more than 60% of the population too. Why Reid didn't do this sooner, I'll never get.

obama 2005-

“I sense that talk of the nuclear option is more about power than about fairness,” “I believe some of my colleagues propose this rules change because they can get away with it rather than because they know it’s good for our democracy.”

“The American people want less partisanship in this town, but everyone in this chamber knows that if the majority chooses to end the filibuster – if they choose to change the rules and put an end to democratic debate – then the fighting and the bitterness and the gridlock will only get worse,”

Obama 2013

“The gears of government have to work and the step that a majority of senators took today I think will help make those gears work just a little bit better,” he said in a statement from the White House briefing room.

Senate guts filibuster power | TheHill

Ah, the king of intellectual dishonesty, the purveyor of the disingenuous weighs in!

It's almost as if shit is totally different now that it was then.

fark_75iw0WS4hZfZO5IYHiv8RZAvtJk.png

Go fuck yourself.

hey, I am not the imbecile that argued for and supported the right for elected representatives to flee their state to avoid votes......:lol:

ahh poor Art......my condolences on your failure to curb your coprolalia, don't worry though, obamacare has a mental health benefit now, good with that. :cool:

It's time you learn another trick, my little pony.

Whether or not you are for/against the rule change, you have to admit this congress is pretty fricking dysfunctional at the moment. They literally haven't passed "anything" into law for the past year.

so what, how many damn laws do we the people need in our lives?

for crying out loud..they are up there wailing over football teams names

we need to kick half of these idiot to curb...we don't NEED all them sitting up there thinking up new stinking laws for everything and anything

but mention cutting this government down to size...all hell breaks lose

Last edited:

Forum List

Back