Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

No its not. Build the fence. Its the law of the land

-Geaux

People support the building of the fence as if they never even heard of
something commonly referred to as tunnels.

Then you pour a footer 25' deep. Whatever it takes. Maybe put a tank trap in front of the fence.

Build it... Its the law of the land

-Geaux

Do you have any clue what something like that would cost? It's a monumental waste of money when you consider the small number of illegals it would stop especially in relation to the numbers who can sneak through at border crossings, or by sea, or by violating visas, or by any one of a number of different ways of illegally entering the US.

uh huh, you know why the filibustered those 3 nominees for the DC circuit? becasue obama is trying to 'pack it'....there are no vacancies on the court, they are not overloaded or overworked. he wants to add 4 total to tilt it Democratic against the even splits its at ideologically now.
Precisely. Reid broke the rules, broke agreements. It will haunt him and those that voted for it. They have nowhere to hide.

what you going to do? TALK like THIS through A message BOARD as YOU drink?
Seriously.

i think this is much ado about very little. the change is very narrow - it doesn't affect legislation, or supreme court nominations. it doesn't prevent any senator from voting their conscience, or speaking their mind.

i'm not particularly happy with the change, but if it is, as republicans claim born out of a 'manufactured crisis' then it will have little to no real impact.

I agree that this change is relatively narrow. However, it erodes the filibuster and makes the next attempt to erode it easier.

And of course it violates the promise made by Harry Reid that as long as he was leader this wouldn't happen.

Oh? Well I do believe that if the R's had kept their word, this all could have been averted.

Then you pour a footer 25' deep. Whatever it takes. Maybe put a tank trap in front of the fence.

-Geaux

Do you have any clue what something like that would cost? It's a monumental waste of money when you consider the small number of illegals it would stop especially in relation to the numbers who can sneak through at border crossings, or by sea, or by violating visas, or by any one of a number of different ways of illegally entering the US.

I would say the cost would be far below Obamacare. Hows that.,.. And it would pay dividends unlike Obamacare

Next question?

-Geaux

i think this is much ado about very little. the change is very narrow - it doesn't affect legislation, or supreme court nominations. it doesn't prevent any senator from voting their conscience, or speaking their mind.

i'm not particularly happy with the change, but if it is, as republicans claim born out of a 'manufactured crisis' then it will have little to no real impact.

I agree that this change is relatively narrow. However, it erodes the filibuster and makes the next attempt to erode it easier.

And of course it violates the promise made by Harry Reid that as long as he was leader this wouldn't happen.

Oh? Well I do believe that if the R's had kept their word, this all could have been averted.

what was their word? exactly?

Last edited:

-Geaux

he is a low information voter.

Because Obama wants to rule, not govern

-Geaux

when is this happening? because so far their really hasnt been much ruling...And any ruling he has done has failed ( see obamacare) or is it you are just full of shit?

Oh thats it.

Oh, just pick your scandals and cover ups. Obama is hung on wanting to rule above the Constitution. Not govern.

A disgrace of a POTUS

-Geaux
Hey Geaux? Check your PM's? Thanks.

~T :)

Perhaps. But it does show Obamas complete bid for control. He wants what Putiin, Chavez et al have. Zero opposition

-Geaux
Yep. Reid opened the door to tyranny.

You've got a damn sight more to worry about from the massive spying our gov't has been engaged in since after 9-11. Our country is spending 100s of Billions of dollars on private contractors who are collecting meta data on every aspect of all American citizens' lives, and you worry about something as silly as this filibuster rule?

Real tyranny is when the gov't (through private contractors, mind you) can track your whereabouts based on triangulating your cell phone calls (if not the phone itself), or your car GPS, or your Internet connections, or your credit card charges, and/or your grocery store purchases and link it all together to know pretty much where you are and what you're doing all day, every day.

But you want to worry about the Senate rules?

Last edited:
SIMPLY AMAZING YOU PEOPLE SUPPORT these lying corrupted power hunger bastards in anything they do...it's sickening and no wonder they believe they are our ELECTED MASTERS

[ame=http://youtu.be/Gagk1ZZVS_k]Biden: Nuclear Option Vote The "Single Most Significant ... In My 32 Years In The Senate" - YouTube[/ame]

SNIP:

FLASHBACK: Biden on Nuclear Option: ‘It’s a Fundamental Power Grab’

BY: Washington Free Beacon Staff
November 21, 2013 11:48 am

On May 23rd, 2005, then Senator Joe Biden stressed the importance of the nuclear option declaring “I think this is the single most significant vote anyone of us will cast in my 32 years in the Senate.” Biden went onto call the GOP’s talk of a nuclear option ‘a fundamental power grab.’

However, with the Democrats holding a Senate majority Biden has changed his position on the nuclear option:

http://freebeacon.com/flashback-biden-on-nuclear-option-its-a-fundamental-power-grab/

Last edited:
Perhaps. But it does show Obamas complete bid for control. He wants what Putiin, Chavez et al have. Zero opposition

-Geaux

how so?
If YOU don't know? I'm NOT going to tell you. Sufficed to say that it is apparent that you know little to noting of tradition, procedure at the founding of the Republic. Dingy Harry Reid just set it on it's ear. Reid did something Wilson and other progressives would have loved.

Because Obama wants to rule, not govern

-Geaux

when is this happening? because so far their really hasnt been much ruling...And any ruling he has done has failed ( see obamacare) or is it you are just full of shit?

Oh thats it.

Oh, just pick your scandals and cover ups. Obama is hung on wanting to rule above the Constitution. Not govern.

A disgrace of a POTUS

-Geaux

ah so you literally have zero..Typical.

-Geaux

You've got a damn sight more to worry about from the massive spying our gov't has been engaged in since after 9-11. Our country is spending 100s of Billions of dollars on private contractors who are collecting meta data on every aspect of all American citizens' lives, and you worry about something as silly as this filibuster rule?

Real tyranny is when the gov't (through private contractors, mind you) can track your whereabouts based on triangulating your cell phone calls (if not the phone itself), or your car GPS, or your Internet connections, or your credit card charges, and or your grocery store purchases and link it all together to know pretty much where you are and what you're doing all day, every day.

everything opens the door to tyranny for these people, yet tyranny never actually happens. Thomas is the boy who cried wolf.....Most likely from the bottle of jack in his hand.

Oh thats it.

A disgrace of a POTUS

-Geaux

ah so you literally have zero..Typical.

The typical comment is well, so typical. LMAO

-Geaux

how so?
If YOU don't know? I'm NOT going to tell you. Sufficed to say that it is apparent that you know little to noting of tradition, procedure at the founding of the Republic. Dingy Harry Reid just set it on it's ear. Reid did something Wilson and other progressives would have loved.

ah more non answers from captain turd pile.

-Geaux

Real tyranny is when the gov't (through private contractors, mind you) can track your whereabouts based on triangulating your cell phone calls (if not the phone itself), or your car GPS, or your Internet connections, or your credit card charges, and or your grocery store purchases and link it all together to know pretty much where you are and what you're doing all day, every day.

Blah, blah, blah...a THIS has to do with WHAT Reid gave Obama, how?

NICE try at deflection. Sorry, NO SALE, Mustink:eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back