Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

The only people you have to blame are Senate Repubs. They've held the senate hostage for 4+ years even after the people repuked them for a 2nd time in the past election. Repubs have painted themselves into such an extremist corner that ANY working w/ the governing majority is considered treason on Fox & Friends or SeanRush. Spare us the crocodile tears

Are you for real? Senate has been held by whom for how long? And what does FOX have to do with this and WHOM is SEANRUSH? Son? YOU need a checkup from the neckup.

The only people you have to blame are Senate Repubs. Thjey've held the senate hostage for 4+ years even after the people repuked them for a 2nd time in the past election.

There Dot goes again blaming Republicans for the lies and dirty tricks of Democrats.

Reid said a nuclear option wouldn't happen on his watch.

Democrats deceived citizens instead of doing what it took to make their case, and now the chickens have come home to roost and Dems are making desperate moves to cling to the power they feel slipping away.

The cravenly miserable Democrats are withering under the spotlight of accountability.

Remember when I said that the vitriol that you guys were heaping upon Bush was going to come back to you if ever you managed to get one of your guys in the White House; and it happened?

Guess what is going to happen next........and you're not going to like it......

The country better pray that Boner has enough testosterone to shelve everything that that Senate sends to him for the next 11 months.

Boner's refusal to move on Immigration is still the cinderblock around the neck of the GOP.

No its not. Build the fence. Its the law of the land

-Geaux

Remember when I said that the vitriol that you guys were heaping upon Bush was going to come back to you if ever you managed to get one of your guys in the White House; and it happened?

The country better pray that Boner has enough testosterone to shelve everything that that Senate sends to him for the next 11 months.

Boner's refusal to move on Immigration is still the cinderblock around the neck of the GOP.

-Geaux

Indeed. So is a budget.

Reid needs to just ram it through. McConnell & co are merely speed bumps. Democracy is preferable to permanent inaction.

1. Reid needs to do this for bills as the majority needs to rule
and 2. he needs to stop holding house bills up.

2. is why Obama has a veto...

3. Boener needs to stop holding back bills just as much as Reid does ;)

The majority needs too rule! Be it republican, democrat or moderates of both.

The only people you have to blame are Senate Repubs. Thjey've held the senate hostage for 4+ years even after the people repuked them for a 2nd time in the past election.

There Dot goes again blaming Republicans for the lies and dirty tricks of Democrats.

Democrats deceived citizens instead of doing what it took to make their case, and now the chickens have come home to roost and Dems are making desperate moves to cling to the power they feel slipping away.

The cravenly miserable Democrats are withering under the spotlight of accountability.

make their case? :eusa_eh: Repubs have filibustered more in the past 4+ yrs than in the entire history of the senate! Make their case :lol:

Reid needs to just ram it through. McConnell & co are merely speed bumps. Democracy is preferable to permanent inaction.

1. Reid needs to do this for bills as the majority needs to rule
and 2. he needs to stop holding house bills up.

2. is why Obama has a veto...

3. Boener needs to stop holding back bills just as much as Reid does ;)

The majority needs too rule! Be it republican, democrat or moderates of both.
At the expense of the minority, and the people trampled underfoot of tyranny, right Matthew?

YOU are an idiot.

They needed desperately to change the subject away from Obamacare.

It's too late suckers!!!!

Your goose is cooked!!!

make their case? :eusa_eh: Repubs have filibustered more in the past 4+ yrs than in the entire history of the senate! Make their case :lol:
So and it was their right under rules since the first Congress, and per the Constitution, and the Framers. YOU are as much as a lowlife as Dingy Harry is doing this, and is Obama applauding it.

Aren't you proud to trample tradition?

-Geaux

People support the building of the fence as if they never even heard of
something commonly referred to as tunnels.

-Geaux

People support the building of the fence as if they never even heard of
something commonly referred to as tunnels.

Then you pour a footer 25' deep. Whatever it takes. Maybe put a tank trap in front of the fence.

Build it... Its the law of the land

-Geaux

i think this is much ado about very little. the change is very narrow - it doesn't affect legislation, or supreme court nominations. it doesn't prevent any senator from voting their conscience, or speaking their mind.

i'm not particularly happy with the change, but if it is, as republicans claim born out of a 'manufactured crisis' then it will have little to no real impact.

i think this is much ado about very little. the change is very narrow - it doesn't affect legislation, or supreme court nominations. it doesn't prevent any senator from voting their conscience, or speaking their mind.

i'm not particularly happy with the change, but if it is, as republicans claim born out of a 'manufactured crisis' then it will have little to no real impact.

Perhaps. But it does show Obamas complete bid for control. He wants what Putiin, Chavez et al have. Zero opposition

-Geaux

If Democrats made their case with the public, the public's representatives would have had to go along. Democrats failed so miserably to make their case on O-care that Massachusetts sent Brown to Washington to put a stop to it, so Democrats thwarted the will of the people and passed O-care with a parliamentary trick.

Now that the results of Democratic deception are laid bare and Obama is plummeting in the polls and Democrats have lost their advantage in polls about congressional races, Democrats do this trick, in violation of their promises to the public, in the hope of distracting people from the bad news.

Transparent ploy.

Perhaps. But it does show Obamas complete bid for control. He wants what Putiin, Chavez et al have. Zero opposition

-Geaux
Yep. Reid opened the door to tyranny.

I agree that this change is relatively narrow. However, it erodes the filibuster and makes the next attempt to erode it easier.

And of course it violates the promise made by Harry Reid that as long as he was leader this wouldn't happen.

-Geaux
Yep. Reid opened the door to tyranny.

how so?

Forum List

Back