Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

and yet another

[ame=http://youtu.be/G65PUSiBRJY]Durbin: Nuclear Option Is An "Assault On The Very Principles Of This Constitution" - YouTube[/ame]

he was too chicken to post it publicly, but i got this nice bit of reputation in response to that post.

let me spell it out for you. 'if you don't know i'm not telling' is something ignorant elementary school children say when they don't know either but don't want to show off their ignorance. it is not something an adult says that wants to convince anyone of their point of view or even has a point of view worth defending.

in other words, grow up and learn to defend your position.
Son? You needn't worry much less spell anything out for me. You showed whom you are.
why don't we just try again.

how does this rule change lead to tyranny?

Since YOU won't go back and look? The Founders gave reason...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8185308-post506.html

TemplarKormac posted it...But then I don't belive you care a wit of honor, duty, tradition...only shutting it down and applauding tyranny.

Tell us why Obama, Reid, and others were so worried when Republicans threatened the same thing but didn't out of good form? And oddly? They cited the same things...but that is just different somehow, isn't it?

Again? YOU are dismissed. Learn some honor, and come back and address me. Until then? DON'T BOTHER. :eusa_hand:

Reid has no balls

Republicans will offer him one judge and promise to play nice in the future. Reid will cave....he always does

You really are always wrong. It's uncanny.

Glad I was wrong on this one

Bout time Reid showed some leadership and pissed the hell out of Republicans

Yeah, pissing off the opposition will get some stuff done.......not that Reid hasn't been pissing everyone off already.

Reid has no balls

Republicans will offer him one judge and promise to play nice in the future. Reid will cave....he always does

:rolleyes:reid and obama showed they are hypocrites of immense proportions, they lied straight to your face on obamacare and of course, you'll double down.

mconnell and reid made a deal 6 months ago on the nuclear option, reid/obama got what they wanted and as I predicted they went right back to the well and did it anyway.

You've got a damn sight more to worry about from the massive spying our gov't has been engaged in since after 9-11. Our country is spending 100s of Billions of dollars on private contractors who are collecting meta data on every aspect of all American citizens' lives, and you worry about something as silly as this filibuster rule?

Real tyranny is when the gov't (through private contractors, mind you) can track your whereabouts based on triangulating your cell phone calls (if not the phone itself), or your car GPS, or your Internet connections, or your credit card charges, and or your grocery store purchases and link it all together to know pretty much where you are and what you're doing all day, every day.

But you want to worry about the Senate rules?

everything opens the door to tyranny for these people, yet tyranny never actually happens. Thomas is the boy who cried wolf.....Most likely from the bottle of jack in his hand.
It's all around you...but what do you know Plas? YOU are living on the dole and applaud the tyranny because YOU are a recipient. You have no concept of the Founders, Duty, Honor...it's apparent because you applaud those that don't respect it either.

YOU are dismissed as well.

dismissed? That doesnt work around here Thomas, you have zero power here.

Anyways i see you are posting more vague nothings in order to have a point. What else would i expect from a liar.

Get rid of the filibuster entirely.

It is undemocratic and stupid.

Elections have consequences.

Republicans are worried because the states are the only districts they can't gerrymander.

Tim Kaine just said they all asked themselves if they would be comfortable with the rules change if they were in the minority and they all said yes.

These people are completely confident they did the right thing.

He said the presidency carries with it the right to assemble a team and Obama wasn't being allowed to do that.

You might have a point on regime appointments, but judges are for LIFE. We'll see how you guys like it when it's a republican making those lifetime appointments and you have no way to stop them.

oh hell no, you underestimate the lack of integrity at work here, they'll say its the gop are being dictators etc...mark it down. ;)
Astounding. Republicans OUT of power but they fear they are Dictators?

Seems to me they know they're in trouble in 2014...and they are full goose bozo trying to do as much damage as they can before they are voted out next year.

Son? You needn't worry much less spell anything out for me. You showed whom you are.
why don't we just try again.

how does this rule change lead to tyranny?

Since YOU won't go back and look? The Founders gave reason...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8185308-post506.html

TemplarKormac posted it...But then I don't belive you care a wit of honor, duty, tradition...only shutting it down and applauding tyranny.

Tell us why Obama, Reid, and others were so worried when Republicans threatened the same thing but didn't out of good form? And oddly? They cited the same things...but that is just different somehow, isn't it?

Again? YOU are dismissed. Learn some honor, and come back and address me. Until then? DON'T BOTHER. :eusa_hand:

federalist papers are not law...seriously its not even an answer.

Tim Kaine just said they all asked themselves if they would be comfortable with the rules change if they were in the minority and they all said yes.

He said the presidency carries with it the right to assemble a team and Obama wasn't being allowed to do that.

You might have a point on regime appointments, but judges are for LIFE. We'll see how you guys like it when it's a republican making those lifetime appointments and you have no way to stop them.

oh hell no, you underestimate the lack of integrity at work here, they'll say its the gop are being dictators etc...mark it down. ;)

Wrong, I fully understand, I mentioned early in this that they broke their own rules to do this, no one seemed to give a shit. Both parties have threatened this in the past but no one crossed the line. Now the commies have redrawn the line and they best be prepared to live with it.

jesus Christ:rolleyes: ....what a bunch of inane gobbledygook .....he has the right if the senate says so...hello.....oh wait, they broke their own rule to make it "legal" for them to say so....do you get what happened here? ...at all?

What a Cotton-headed Ninnymuggens.

Yeah, pissing off the opposition will get some stuff done.......not that Reid hasn't been pissing everyone off already.
Ummm.....got news for ya

They ain't getting shit done anyway. Maybe if Reid changed filibuster across the board they actually could. Like Democrats have 55 seats and allow the minority to rule

Republicans are worried because the states are the only districts they can't gerrymander.

I'm for that as well. Tom Harkin brought up legislative filibuster rules changes for the future too.

Ummm.....got news for ya

They ain't getting shit done anyway. Maybe if Reid changed filibuster across the board they actually could. Like Democrats have 55 seats and allow the minority to rule
So just run roughshod over opposition...there you go again applauding tyranny.

:rolleyes:reid and obama showed they are hypocrites of immense proportions, they lied straight to your face on obamacare and of course, you'll double down.

mconnell and reid made a deal 6 months ago on the nuclear option, reid/obama got what they wanted and as I predicted they went right back to the well and did it anyway.

McConnell made a deal to stop filibustering Obamas appointments. If he held up his end of the bargain, Teapublicans would not be in this situation

That last bit made no sense.

To your previous statements. Yes, filibusters are undemocratic. However, we live in a Republic. This seems to be so overlooked by anyone who uses your same argument. Just as Democrats voted against the 14th amendment, fought women's suffrage, and enforced Jim Crow laws, they are now doing everything they can to oppress the minority. Even if that minority has changed in definition. I'll quote it to you in a few years in a message when we've seen the results of this erroneous action purported by the Democrats today.

Wrong, I fully understand, I mentioned early in this that they broke their own rules to do this, no one seemed to give a shit. Both parties have threatened this in the past but no one crossed the line. Now the commies have redrawn the line and they best be prepared to live with it.

Indeed. they had better. They better prepare for vendetta. Republicans had better form a spine in the meantime...

Democrats making it official that they're liars and phoneys will have it's price..

It's interesting that they're fighting both sides of the issue though.

Some would call it hypocrisy..:lol:

McConnell made a deal to stop filibustering Obamas appointments. If he held up his end of the bargain, Teapublicans would not be in this situation
Zactly.

Democrats making it official that they're liars and phoneys will have it's price..

It's interesting that they're fighting both sides of the issue though.

Some would call it hypocrisy..:lol:
Indeed. The only confusing aspect is figuring out of which side of their mouths they will be speaking from again.

So true..the party is over for the Democrat brand...:beer:

Forum List

Back