Reid Changing Filibuster Rules

Glad I was wrong on this one

Bout time Reid showed some leadership and pissed the hell out of Republicans

Yeah, pissing off the opposition will get some stuff done.......not that Reid hasn't been pissing everyone off already.
Ummm.....got news for ya

They ain't getting shit done anyway. Maybe if Reid changed filibuster across the board they actually could. Like Democrats have 55 seats and allow the minority to rule

Why don't they change the rules so that Democrats can win every vote even if they're the minority.

I wish they would settle things like they do in Korea.......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgpa1LRfhs8]South Korean Politicians Fight Over Lunches - YouTube[/ame]

Get rid of the filibuster entirely.

It is undemocratic and stupid.

Elections have consequences.

Republicans are worried because the states are the only districts they can't gerrymander.

That last bit made no sense.

To your previous statements. Yes, filibusters are undemocratic. However, we live in a Republic. This seems to be so overlooked by anyone who uses your same argument. Just as Democrats voted against the 14th amendment, fought women's suffrage, and enforced Jim Crow laws, they are now doing everything they can to oppress the minority. Even if that minority has changed in definition. I'll quote it to you in a few years in a message when we've seen the results of this erroneous action purported by the Democrats today.

Republicans used to be liberals.

Where did you go wrong?

Democrats making it official that they're liars and phoneys will have it's price..

It's interesting that they're fighting both sides of the issue though.

Some would call it hypocrisy..:lol:

Just don't go making any bets that if Dems take over the House and Senate in the Fall, you're leaving...

I want you guys to hang around, it's fun bickering with you all.

Democrats making it official that they're liars and phoneys will have it's price..

Indeed. The only confusing aspect is figuring out of which side of their mouths they will be speaking from again.

So true..the party is over for the Democrat brand...:beer:

50,000 Hispanic Americans a month are turning 18.

The party is just beginning.

Indeed. The only confusing aspect is figuring out of which side of their mouths they will be speaking from again.

:lol: I wouldn't bet on it.

Republicans are worried because the states are the only districts they can't gerrymander.

To your previous statements. Yes, filibusters are undemocratic. However, we live in a Republic. This seems to be so overlooked by anyone who uses your same argument. Just as Democrats voted against the 14th amendment, fought women's suffrage, and enforced Jim Crow laws, they are now doing everything they can to oppress the minority. Even if that minority has changed in definition. I'll quote it to you in a few years in a message when we've seen the results of this erroneous action purported by the Democrats today.

Where did you go wrong?

classic liberals..We're still here:cool:

illegalaliens_1.jpg

Indeed. Build the fence. It's the law of the land

-Geaux

:lol:

I can't believe you posted that

Where did you go wrong?

The parties have changed in certain way, true. But the fact remains that the Democrats have always stuck with whatever they feel the majority wants. I'm not making a liberal/conservative point. The Democrat (funny cause majority rule is actually part of the philosophy of their name. Makes sense don't it) party has always strived to change their message based on what they think is popular. Otherwise known as a fad.

Is that a better representation of my point?
M

How proud Thomas Jefferson must be he understood the danger of allowing on party or branch of government to much power a lesson we only seem to remember when it's the other party trying to make the power grab the Republicans considered trying this and 2005 and the very same liberals including then Senator Obama who support this today were appalled and outraged by it and the Republicans had the good sense to drop it sadly Reid and the Democrats didn't.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkXjYohzAOY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkXjYohzAOY[/ame]

Indeed...and the minions here that support them aren't aware...YET...:beer:

Son? You needn't worry much less spell anything out for me. You showed whom you are.
why don't we just try again.

how does this rule change lead to tyranny?

Since YOU won't go back and look? The Founders gave reason...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8185308-post506.html

TemplarKormac posted it...But then I don't belive you care a wit of honor, duty, tradition...only shutting it down and applauding tyranny.

Tell us why Obama, Reid, and others were so worried when Republicans threatened the same thing but didn't out of good form? And oddly? They cited the same things...but that is just different somehow, isn't it?

Again? YOU are dismissed. Learn some honor, and come back and address me. Until then? DON'T BOTHER. :eusa_hand:

those quotes don't apply. we are not discussing legislation, this rule only changes the votes needed for cloture for certain appointees.

so again, how does the change lead to tyranny? it is merely a requirement of a vote.

Last edited:

:lol: I wouldn't bet on it.

..You fully support Obama-care and hows that working out?

The Democrat media has lost what little trust they had

It's getting obvious the American people are fed up with Democrat excuses

etc..etc. etc. just continue connecting the dots...and check your odds no matter how many illegal votes Democrats can get...

(dang it.. off to the store...)

why don't we just try again.

how does this rule change lead to tyranny?

TemplarKormac posted it...But then I don't belive you care a wit of honor, duty, tradition...only shutting it down and applauding tyranny.

Tell us why Obama, Reid, and others were so worried when Republicans threatened the same thing but didn't out of good form? And oddly? They cited the same things...but that is just different somehow, isn't it?

Again? YOU are dismissed. Learn some honor, and come back and address me. Until then? DON'T BOTHER. :eusa_hand:

those quotes don't apply. we are not discussing legislation, this rule only changes the votes needed for cloture for certain appointees.

so again, how does the change lead to tyranny?
They DO. YOU are just ignorant to it.

so again, how does the change lead to tyranny?
They DO. YOU are just ignorant to it.
then explain it

Its totally mind boggling how the dorkocrats keep shooting themselves in the foot

Even the 51% are not that stupid. Well, at least not anymore

-Geaux

They don't like being lied to any more than most folks, so that may not be a positive for your commie leaders.

That would be all those clips we're seeing of Mitch McConnell, from the past, demanding up or down votes over and over again.

That would be all those clips we're seeing of Mitch McConnell, from the past, demanding up or down votes over and over again.
And you mean to tell us that he wasn't within his right to do so? Really? Carbonated? With you and the rest of your fellow travelers? It's sit down and shut up, isn't it? Guess what? The tide is turning...and *I* want YOU to remember this...because YOU are next. Reid and the Democrats just put another nail in their coffin. But please? Keep applauding tyranny?

Learn it, Live It, KNOW it.

weak excuse.

There's the threat ... but then there's the Democrat jack-booted reality..

enjoy, I have no problem with that...:thup:

Forum List

Back