Religion: The clear and present danger of our time

Obviously, you have never been accused of actually thinking. Anything available to support your "99%" number? No. I didn't think so.

Let's remember that it was you good xtian bible belt thumpers who promoted and maintained segregation in the south.
well lets see......the REV MLK was supported by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, his organizational meetings were held at American Methodist churches, he was supported by The Society of Saint Edmund, one of the first to die in the violence was a white minister, marchers "included Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth, Greek Orthodox Archbishop Iakovos, Rabbis Abraham Joshua Heschel and Maurice Davis, and at least one nun, all of whom were depicted in a photo that has become famous.[68] The Dutch priest Henri Nouwen joined the march on March 24th"

Selma to Montgomery marches - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Which does nothing to address the fact that it was you good xtian bible belt thumpers who promoted and maintained segregation in the south.
The majority of southern christians were for segregation. Just cause a rabbi greek orthodox and catholic walk into a bar doesnt speak for the majority of americans who were and are racist christians.

Christian racists? We are the same body - if Christians hate other Christians because of a color of a skin then they hate themselve and the ways of god. Without any doubt Martin Luther King and his people were Christians. In general all equal rights are a product of the bible. It started with the Jews leaving the superpower of the slavery of death. The land of "milk and honey" is the land where their children were able to grow up in peace and freedom. This is what your parents and grandparents did for you too. Today we call this normally "to be free citizens of a free world". This is a message of the USA - not completly stupid messages like "spy in the sleeping room of everyone worldwide because we are the only superpower and we need no friends but their money". I don't have any idea how someone is able to discuss about wether Mr. Martin Luther King and his friends were Christians. The religiosity of the black people and their friends in the USA is a great ideal for all Christians in the world. God might bless everyone who is a victim of racism in the USA. Never give up. He's on your side.

The bible was written over 1000 years ago, agreed? And you had slaves in 1800, right? Took you assholes long enough to come around.

The books of the bible are a little older. And we had not slaves in 1800. As far as I know we never had slaves. I'm a German asshole.

Last edited:
well lets see......the REV MLK was supported by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, his organizational meetings were held at American Methodist churches, he was supported by The Society of Saint Edmund, one of the first to die in the violence was a white minister, marchers "included Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth, Greek Orthodox Archbishop Iakovos, Rabbis Abraham Joshua Heschel and Maurice Davis, and at least one nun, all of whom were depicted in a photo that has become famous.[68] The Dutch priest Henri Nouwen joined the march on March 24th"

Selma to Montgomery marches - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Which does nothing to address the fact that it was you good xtian bible belt thumpers who promoted and maintained segregation in the south.
The majority of southern christians were for segregation. Just cause a rabbi greek orthodox and catholic walk into a bar doesnt speak for the majority of americans who were and are racist christians.

Christian racists? We are the same body - if Christians hate other Christians because of a color of a skin then they hate themselve and the ways of god. Without any doubt Martin Luther King and his people were Christians. In general all equal rights are a product of the bible. It started with the Jews leaving the superpower of the slavery of death. The land of "milk and honey" is the land where their children were able to grow up in peace and freedom. This is what your parents and grandparents did for you too. Today we call this normally "to be free citizens of a free world". This is a message of the USA - not completly stupid messages like "spy in the sleeping room of everyone worldwide because we are the only superpower and we need no friends but their money". I don't have any idea how someone is able to discuss about wether Mr. Martin Luther King and his friends were Christians. The religiosity of the black people and their friends in the USA is a great ideal for all Christians in the world. God might bless everyone who is a victim of racism in the USA. Never give up. He's on your side.

The bible was written over 1000 years ago, agreed? And you had slaves in 1800, right? Took you assholes long enough to come around.

The books of the bible are a little older. And we had not slaves in 1800. As far as I know we never had slaves. I'm a German asshole.

Germans are no better example of hypocritical theas or Christians as you call yourself

Knowledge of the high level of Christians in the US population of the time, and the fact that the Black Civil Rights movement was largely a movement of Black Christians CHurchs.

Do you self identify as a liberal?

Correct. You have no clue regarding the validity of your statement:
"THe VAST majority of those who marched with him, including him himself, were Christians."

Err,

1. The population of the US in the 60s was well over 90%. Any random group of Americans would likely be over 90% Christian.

2. The Civil Rights Movement was not random. It was formed and lead by Christian CHurchs and Christian leaders.

YOur dismissal of these points is insane.

And I have no need to address the fact that the majority of those on the other side of the struggle were also Christians.

I have asked what point you are trying to make by bringing that up.
You were making an assumption that is still unsupported.

How convenient to ignore the fact that it was you good xtian bible belt thumpers who promoted and maintained segregation in the south.

You need to understand the difference between an "assumption" and a "logical deduction".

Because it is utterly ridiculous to question that, in a 90% plus Christian nation, that a political movement started by, dominated by, and led by Christian Churches would be, to a vast majority, Christian.

I'm not ignoring the fact that the Segregationist were also mostly Christian. I just don't see what your point is.

That is why I have repeatedly asked you what your point was in bringing it up.

Do you consider yourself a liberal?
The civil rights movement was in no way "a movement started by, dominated by, and led by Christian Churches."

You have conveniently ignored the fact that it was you good xtian bible belt thumpers who were going to those Christian churches who promoted and maintained segregation in the south.

1. You might want to read up on the Southern Christian Leadership Conference founded 1957.

2. Do you consider yourself a liberal? Do you believe in diversity?

Germans are no better example of hypocritical theas or Christians as you call yourself

You admitted that you were wrong to smear Gays, do you want to admit you are wrong to smear Christians too?

Or is it time for you to admit that you don't believe in Diversity and are not a liberal?

\
lol, Hollie?.....she believes everyone who doesn't agree with her believes exactly the same thing.......

The ways libs, who shove "diversity" down our throats, but show nothing but contempt to Traditional American culture, manage to not realize how their actions completely contradict their supposed "principles"...

All the self awareness of a turnip.

You admitted that you were wrong to smear Gays, do you want to admit you are wrong to smear Christians too?

Or is it time for you to admit that you don't believe in Diversity and are not a liberal?

what I say about Christians I believe tell me why I'm wrong tell me why I'm wrong

Correct. You have no clue regarding the validity of your statement:
"THe VAST majority of those who marched with him, including him himself, were Christians."

Err,

1. The population of the US in the 60s was well over 90%. Any random group of Americans would likely be over 90% Christian.

2. The Civil Rights Movement was not random. It was formed and lead by Christian CHurchs and Christian leaders.

And I have no need to address the fact that the majority of those on the other side of the struggle were also Christians.

How convenient to ignore the fact that it was you good xtian bible belt thumpers who promoted and maintained segregation in the south.

You need to understand the difference between an "assumption" and a "logical deduction".

Because it is utterly ridiculous to question that, in a 90% plus Christian nation, that a political movement started by, dominated by, and led by Christian Churches would be, to a vast majority, Christian.

I'm not ignoring the fact that the Segregationist were also mostly Christian. I just don't see what your point is.

The civil rights movement was in no way "a movement started by, dominated by, and led by Christian Churches."

You have conveniently ignored the fact that it was you good xtian bible belt thumpers who were going to those Christian churches who promoted and maintained segregation in the south.

1. You might want to read up on the Southern Christian Leadership Conference founded 1957.

You might want to read up on the political environment of the 1960's.

You good Christian folk in the Bible Belt had to be dragged out of the 19th century kicking and screaming.

\
lol, Hollie?.....she believes everyone who doesn't agree with her believes exactly the same thing.......
I went over to my theist friend who has a problem with me not believing. I said, "is that all you are saying is there must be a god? Nothing else? He didn't talk to you or tell you about heaven and hell? Youre just saying there must be? OK, then it doesnt matter what I believe, right?" And he said yes. So OK. We agree to disagreement I dont care what they believe when they go to bed. Who they talk to....

Ahhh I just got post mordems point. I'm trying to convince theists are wrong and I think they are evil just like they do gays and athiests. Now I see.

\
I went over to my theist friend who has a problem with me not believing. I said, "is that all you are saying is there must be a god? Nothing else? He didn't talk to you or tell you about heaven and hell? Youre just saying there must be? OK, then it doesnt matter what I believe, right?" And he said yes. So OK. We agree to disagreement I dont care what they believe when they go to bed. Who they talk to....

Ahhh I just got post mordems point. I'm trying to convince theists are wrong and I think they are evil just like they do gays and athiests. Now I see.
\
I see your point now. I think religion is bad just like you see gay is bad. Not you but your god. I think anyone who believes is committing the sin of stupidity. Lol

Christianity and Islam represent the single greatest threat to our planet. Islam, for all its overt violence and quirky cultural traditions is at least overt and a known quantity. But Christianity, posing itself as warm and fluffy is much more insidious as the recent Duggar revelations show. I'm beginning to wonder if they're actually watching how Islam works and beginning to adopt Islamic practices in order to gain the kind of power Islam wields.

No one dares mock Mohammed, the Qur'an, or Islam itself (except online heh,) for fear of violent reprisals. But that kind of fear doesn't extend to Christianity. And I think they've noticed, and envy Islam for the fear it generates and would like to become more like them.

I expect to see Christian extremists become increasingly violent and overt in the next few years much as Islam is now.

Yes. There is no doubt at all that the nations that adopted scientific atheism are clearly superior and non-violent: Soviet Union, Maoist China, Pol Pot's Cambodia, ... Those Xians are, like, opposed to butt sex between men n stuff, and against baby killing, both wonderful things that represent the highest achievements of enlightened 'cultural' advancements, so clearly they have to be repressed.

"NAMBLA" logic - an extreme absolutist position which demands that for logical consistencies sake that certain gross crimes be allowed, in order that no one might feel restrained.
Stirling S. Newberry

What do you tink exactly about in this context? Did any German promise you anything?

Last edited:

What do you tink exactly about in this context? Did any German promise you anything?

no but one did kill my grandfather's brother in World War II

what I say about Christians I believe tell me why I'm wrong tell me why I'm wrong

Hmm - how is someone able to be wrong who says nothing except "you are wrong"? If you turn a pointer on a clock without clockwork, what says this about time and the directions of the good ways in the jungle all around? Criticism is senseless without alternatives. In case you are a good guy no Christian would be sad about if you are really a good guy doing good deeds. If you need it to believe that we are evil to do so - would have anyone the right to take this hopefully wrong belief from you - even if someone would be able to do so? It's in your own responsibility what you believe and what the effects of this belief will be on your behavior. If you have the feeling we are your Loreley then don't hear what we sing. Hear to the voice of god.

Last edited:
Christianity and Islam represent the single greatest threat to our planet. Islam, for all its overt violence and quirky cultural traditions is at least overt and a known quantity. But Christianity, posing itself as warm and fluffy is much more insidious as the recent Duggar revelations show. I'm beginning to wonder if they're actually watching how Islam works and beginning to adopt Islamic practices in order to gain the kind of power Islam wields.

No one dares mock Mohammed, the Qur'an, or Islam itself (except online heh,) for fear of violent reprisals. But that kind of fear doesn't extend to Christianity. And I think they've noticed, and envy Islam for the fear it generates and would like to become more like them.

I expect to see Christian extremists become increasingly violent and overt in the next few years much as Islam is now.
Although the general premise of your thread has some merit, that religion is the bane of humankind, it's nonetheless riddled with lies, errors in reasoning, and significant omissions.

For example, all religion has the potential to do harm, including Judaism, not just Christianity and Islam.

Moreover, the notion that no one “dares mock Mohammed, the Qur'an, or Islam itself” is unfounded idiocy, as it's done all the time in all venues and manner of media. Equally idiotic is to perceive all of Islam as being 'violent,' which fails as a hasty generalization fallacy; the violent acts of the few are not representative of all Islam.

The same is true with regard to Christians, there are Christians who practice hate and bigotry but they are not representative of all Christians, and consequently your prediction that Christians will become 'more violent' is completely invalid.

no but one did kill my grandfather's brother in World War II

I don't understand what you like to say with this sentence.

Last edited:

THe liberal principle of diversity requires respect for other cultures.

You are constantly showing disrespect.

The liberal goal is supposedly all cultures living and working together in harmony.

How can that be when you constantly spew hate and division?

You refuse to even grant Christians the tiny particle of respect of calling them by their own name for themselves.

Err,

You might want to read up on the political environment of the 1960's.

You good Christian folk in the Bible Belt had to be dragged out of the 19th century kicking and screaming.

1. Have you discovered the large role Christian Churches played in the Civil Rights movement yet?

2. Do you consider yourself a Liberal? Do you believe in Diversity?

3. I am aware of that. WHat is your point about that?

Yes. There is no doubt at all that the nations that adopted scientific atheism are clearly superior and non-violent: Soviet Union, Maoist China, Pol Pot's Cambodia, ... Those Xians are, like, opposed to butt sex between men n stuff, and against baby killing, both wonderful things that represent the highest achievements of enlightened 'cultural' advancements, so clearly they have to be repressed.

"NAMBLA" logic - an extreme absolutist position which demands that for logical consistencies sake that certain gross crimes be allowed, in order that no one might feel restrained.
Stirling S. Newberry

Actually gay males in the US only make up about 5% of the population but account for a staggering STD rate, putting them about 60% of newly diagnosed AIDS cases every year and rising

Now that is simply science telling us that the Christian view of gay sex is spot on, albeit an inconvenient truth, as Al Gore likes to say.

As for the unborn, the atheist knows that their pagan goddess the birth fairy must wave her magic wand over the infant as it exits the birth canal before we can call it human, at least, this is what they think science tells us.

Forum List

Back