Religion To Disappear By 2041

Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.

Wow. You people will believe anything won't you. The only way for this silly persons thesis to come to fruition would be for every religious person on the planet to die off. Now, I know that that is the wet dream of militant atheists everywhere, but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

OK....so how you on Jesus riding in on a cloud and all the dead corpses rising from their graves?

1 Thessalonians 4:

16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air

... He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. ...

What's mathematics in this view on the world? Metaphysics or physics? And what kind of way are phycicists going if they use the spirit of mathematics? A deductive way? But physics is empirism - so only the inductive way is allowed. Independent from philosophical speculations (What's true?) and the inductive ways (What's fact?). Phycicists could define on pragmatic reasons mathematics came not in a spiritual way (=¿supernatural?) into their human mind but it came in a natural way - for example the way of evolution - although I don't see an evolution of mathematics (or music) in sense of a biological evolution. But if mathematics and logic came from outside into the mind of the human race so it's "inductive" and not "deductive" - what's the only way how phycicists allow themselve to do natural science. But do phycicists (empirists) not believe in god in this case - even if they are atheists? And what am I - ¿a kind of messenger of god, a kind of prophet, or only an idiot? - if I tell all phycicists - or all natural scientists, engineers, mathmaticians, programmers and so on - "Even if you think you are an atheist - in the moment you are going the inductive way of natural science - the way of empirism - you are using the believe in god"

A wonder is by the way not in contradiction with physics - it's not meta-physics or super-natural - it's only in confrontation with our knowledge about physics - how Augustinus said about more than 1600 years ago.

Happy rise. :lol:

Last edited:
Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.

Wow. You people will believe anything won't you. The only way for this silly persons thesis to come to fruition would be for every religious person on the planet to die off. Now, I know that that is the wet dream of militant atheists everywhere, but i don't see that happening anytime soon.

OK....so how you on Jesus riding in on a cloud and all the dead corpses rising from their graves?

1 Thessalonians 4:

16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air

I'm agnostic silly boy. I don't believe in God or any of the scriptures. i do however understand and honor the desire and need to believe that some, most of the population of this world have. What does it harm me or anyone for the overwhelming majority of religious people to pursue their beliefs? The crazy ones who use religion as an excuse for their murderous behavior would quite happily murder you if there was no religion either.

They simply like to murder.

I said there's no book of Mormon.......there's a book of Joseph Smith. He made up the angel Mormon.

That doesn't change the name of the book, sparky.

Tolkien made up Sauron, but it is still "The Lord of the Rings."

I'm holding your "Lord of the Rings" down next to my pecker. It's not too long...about the length of a shoreman's shoe but it's as big around as a beer can.

This is why evil will never defeat the light of the gospel. Because when you fight against the light of truth, your arguments end up becoming mean, bitter and really stupid and yet you think your the greatest mind that ever. It blinds you to reality

Your reality.....a 2000 year old ghost story.

1 Thessalonians 4:

I'm agnostic silly boy. I don't believe in God ...

"I am an agnostics so I am an atheist" is only a wrong sentence. I'm for example an agnostic and I believe in god. Agnosticism is a philosophy - not a belief. Agnosticism speaks only about what we are able to know in case we use philosophy to find god. The philosophy 'agnosticism' shows that the belief in god is "only" a belief (What a surprise!) while atheism is also only a belief. There's even a third possibility - but this we are not able to believe on logical reasons.

Last edited:
... They simply like to murder.

The standardarized prejudice "Who believes in god just simple likes to be a murderer" shows only the desastrous situation of the paradox spiritless intelellectuals of the western world in the beginning of the third millenium AD. The USA fights more and more against god and the world. Could be the USA will win against the world - what doesn't mean I had only a little idea about what the states could win in this case. But for sure everyone will lose the fight against god. To murder means to fight against god.

Last edited:

The standardarized prejudice "Who believes in god just simple likes to be a murderer" shows only the desastrous situation of the paradox spiritless intelellectuals of the western world in the beginning of the third millenium AD. The USA fights more and more against god and the world. Could be the USA will win against the world - what doesn't mean I had only a little idea about what the states could win in this case. But for sure everyone will lose the fight against god. To murder means to fight against god.

When I was a boy and a young man you couldn't drive ten miles on a country hiway without seeing two things, A Burma Shave series of signs and a "Jesus Is Coming Soon" sign. What happened?

a4aeff1c43ba971a85e0e800584f1293.jpg
Jesus%2Bcoming%2B%2527soon%2527.jpg

1 Thessalonians 4:

I'm agnostic silly boy. I don't believe in God or any of the scriptures. i do however understand and honor the desire and need to believe that some, most of the population of this world have. What does it harm me or anyone for the overwhelming majority of religious people to pursue their beliefs? The crazy ones who use religion as an excuse for their murderous behavior would quite happily murder you if there was no religion either.

They simply like to murder.

The folks who believe that got their belief started about 500 years after our ghost story. Give them time, They'll come around. When it comes to murder the Christian faith is anything but innocent.

When I was a boy and a young man you couldn't drive ten miles on a country hiway

I never drove on a country highway - not when I was a child nor when I was young man. I'm a German. We fly with our vehicles very deep over our highways.

without seeing two things, A Burma Shave series of signs and a "Jesus Is Coming Soon" sign. What happened? His decision - not our decision. It's good always to be ready.

Jesus said he will come back, so without any doubt he will come back. 2000 years is not a long time. Maybe he will soon come back in some seconds - maybe he will later come back in some billion years. So what's your problem? His decision - not our decision. It's always good to be ready.

Last edited:

When I was a boy and a young man you couldn't drive ten miles on a country hiway

I never drove on a country highway - not when I was a child nor when I was young man. I'm a German. We fly with our vehicles very deep over our highways.

without seeing two things, A Burma Shave series of signs and a "Jesus Is Coming Soon" sign. What happened?

Jesus said he will come back, so without any doubt he will come back. 2000 years is not a long time. Maybe he will soon come back in some seconds - maybe he will later come back in some billion years. So what's your problem?

Horse Shit!!! Go ahead and admit that the 2000 year old fable has nothing to do with reality.

Today we see in metro Detroit where there was once 20 Catholic churches today there is 5. So I can see how if this pace keeps up we could reduce these groups to the cults they are.

Think about all those people who will keep ten % of their incomes. They will have more disposable income.

The only problem is religion is a business and employs a lot of people. It also provides something people want and or need. I don't want to outlaw it but I'm glad people aren't buying it.

A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel. It's holding us back as a species

Umm, that's because Detroit has lost more than half of its population since those churches were built. It's amazing that a supposedly thinking person can't make even that simple an observation.
Good point but still their numbers have dropped. And they aren't alone. Greek Orthodox churches have been closed too. The young adults don't go to church like they used to.

Today we see in metro Detroit where there was once 20 Catholic churches today there is 5. So I can see how if this pace keeps up we could reduce these groups to the cults they are.

Think about all those people who will keep ten % of their incomes. They will have more disposable income.

The only problem is religion is a business and employs a lot of people. It also provides something people want and or need. I don't want to outlaw it but I'm glad people aren't buying it.

A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel. It's holding us back as a species

Umm, that's because Detroit has lost more than half of its population since those churches were built. It's amazing that a supposedly thinking person can't make even that simple an observation.
The population has probably doubled since I was born. Have the number of churches doubled? No, they've cut in half.

I the past 8 out of 8 went to church. Today 4 out of 16 go to church

The population has probably doubled since I was born. Have the number of churches doubled? No, they've cut in half.

I'm 82 years old. When I was a kid there was a mass exodus from the neighborhood every Sunday morning. Now.....you can hardly miss the cars which leave on Sunday mornings. People are finally beginning to break the habit of rising early, wearing their best, driving to listen to some guy who really should get an honest job and giving him 10% of their earnings. Folks are a little slow but it's about over.

I'm 82 years old. When I was a kid there was a mass exodus from the neighborhood every Sunday morning. Now.....you can hardly miss the cars which leave on Sunday mornings. People are finally beginning to break the habit of rising early, wearing their best, driving to listen to some guy who really should get an honest job and giving him 10% of their earnings. Folks are a little slow but it's about over.
It is a little sad in a way. My brother and his family still go to church and I would never tell his family/kids I don't believe and I wouldnt hate it if my nephews grew up and continued to go to church and raise their kids that way.

But if something such as the scam that is religion goes away, I don't think that would be bad necessarily. Then his family could spend their time on Sunday relaxing and doing fun stuff with that 10% they now give to a cult.

'It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

'It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

OVER 1 IN 4 CHICAGO PARISHES ON VERGE OF CLOSING, REPORTS SAY

Over 1 In 4 Chicago Parishes on Verge of Closing, Reports Say

somewhere between 4,000 and 7,000 churches close their doors every year. Southern Baptist researcher, Thom Rainer, in a recent article entitled “13 Issues for Churches in 2013“ puts the estimate higher. He says between 8,000 and 10,000 churches will likely close this year.

Between the years 2010 and 2012, more than half of all churches in America added not one new member. Each year, nearly 3 million more previous churchgoers enter the ranks of the “religiously unaffiliated.”

Last edited:
They give more then 10%, they give their lives by coveting death over life through their false ideology and they are hindering progress like they did with stem cell resarch.
Thousands of wars and over 50 million murders is more the 10% income.

They give more then 10%, they give their lives by coveting death over life through their false ideology and they are hindering progress like they did with stem cell resarch.
Thousands of wars and over 50 million murders is more the 10% income.
That's why it wouldn't bother me if this country and this world would stop believing fairytales. As much as it looks like my brother is raising two good kids, is church and religion a necessary part? I don't think it is.

In fact when we talk about right and wrong God never comes up in the conversation. Even atheists know right from wrong. Didn't have to read a holy book.

But it makes them happy. As long as churches provide people what they want there will always be churches. I even want what they are offering but I just don't believe they can deliver, and you have to die to find out.

I said metro Detroit not Detroit proper. I love talking about you guys on Sundays. You can't respond because you have to pretend you are at church.

Or you are at church reading my post instead of listening to what the preacher is saying.

Forum List

Back