Religion To Disappear By 2041

Religion To Disappear By 2041

Thank God!

Why?

Because I thought it would be funny.

If I think about seriously and if I try to see it the right way then you are right - it seems to be funny. But I'm a German and how everyone knows: Germans don't have any form of humor. I remember in my youth we had once a joke. It was: "Two tomatoes are sitting on a wall. Asks one tomatoe the other one: 'May I throw you down?' Answers the other tomatoe: 'No!'" ... Sorry - that's it. That was our joke. Since the wall broke down, we lost it and we developed not a new one, because the world was not happy with. So we are still without any form of humor.

I forgot by the way to say that the Protestants here in Germany are dying out twice as fast as the Catholics. This speaks for tradition. And the orthodox Christians in Russia came even back out of a deep and long crisis. As far as I can see the church there came back out of the heart of god and out of the humorful heart and compassion of the russian people and not out of the heart of rich politicians, cold machine minds or the russian state.

Last edited:
I think Nigel will experience the Rapture before 2041. Too bad everyone who's left won't be able to read his next book titled..I Was Wrong, by Nigel Barber.

So you believe you and a relatively small clique will live in eternal bliss while most of us burn?

Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.

Lol, been hearing that shit for 50 years.
And look how far we've come in that time. Churches are closing. You can at least admit your silly little religion isn't gaining popularity

Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.

And look how far we've come in that time.

Who is "we" in this context?

Churches are closing. You can at least admit your silly little religion isn't gaining popularity

If the christian religion dies out - what do you win in this case? What's the logic behind your motivation? Where comes your destructive energy from? And what do you do - or what is our "we" doing - with all this destructive energy after the last Christians are wiped out? Who's next?

Last edited:

And look how far we've come in that time. Churches are closing. You can at least admit your silly little religion isn't gaining popularity

It waxes and wanes continuously dumbass. It's dropping now but it will resurge. It always does.

Actually, this is hardly news at all. The decline of Christianity has been predicted for over two thousand years. It is right there in the Bible for all to read. "That day will not come unless there comes a falling away first."

Churches are closing. You can at least admit your silly little religion isn't gaining popularity

If the christian religion dies out - what do you win in this case? What's the logic behind your motivation? Where comes your destructive energy from? And what do you do - or what is our "we" doing - with all this destructive energy after the last Christians are wiped out? Who's next?

When I say we I mean atheists. Scientists. Rational logical people.

Who knows? Maybe human's will treat each other better when we wise up. Religion makes sheep out of us. You think it's good for you/us but actually it is holding us back.

I'm ok with you wanting your delusions and even practicing your silly little traditions. I'm just glad fewer and fewer people are buying it.

Christianity is the best religion out there and even it sucks. But if you want to see the most extreme example of why religion is bad, just look at radical islam. Western religion has gotten more and more liberal along with the secular society it exists in. When free to choose don't be upset if free people choose not to go along.

I have 46 reasons why I don't like religion

Why there is no god

It waxes and wanes continuously dumbass. It's dropping now but it will resurge. It always does.

I don't think so. I don't see modern Americans falling back into going to church, finding jesus and believing that nonsense. The internet was the death nail on religion. When we were kids we only had the preacher and a bible to listen to. Today we can go investigate why their stories don't make sense. Before we were guilted into believing and without the internet it was hard to go research to understand how religion is just silly.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts

“A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.” – David Stevens

Actually, this is hardly news at all. The decline of Christianity has been predicted for over two thousand years. It is right there in the Bible for all to read. "That day will not come unless there comes a falling away first."
That's what every other religion said.

Imagine today if a modern day Joseph Smith Jesus, Moses or Mohammad tried to start a new religion. We would all laugh at them. Joseph Smith happened in 1800. 216 years ago is a long time. We are much smarter than that now. Sure there will always be the gullible but one day 51% or more won't belong to an organized religion.

Why should all scientists be Atheists and not Christians or Jews or Muslims or Buddhists or Hinduists or ... ? Who or what gives you the right to call people "not we" and "irrational people without logic" only because this peopel don't follow such irrational atheistic beliefs as "I don't believe".

Who knows? Maybe human's will treat each other better when we wise up. Religion makes sheep out of us. You think it's good for you/us but actually it is holding us back.

I'm ok with you wanting your delusions and even practicing your silly little traditions. I'm just glad fewer and fewer people are buying it.

Christianity is the best religion out there and even it sucks. But if you want to see the most extreme example of why religion is bad, just look at radical islam. Western religion has gotten more and more liberal along with the secular society it exists in. When free to choose don't be upset if free people choose not to go along.

I have 46 reasons why I don't like religion ...

Again my question: Who's next if you finally wiped out all Christians? All other human beings while a last Hitler and a last Stalin will suicide each other? Do you really think god will allow us to lose your war against us? Specially you know nearly nothing about philosophy and religion and your knowledge about natural sciences or mathematics or other sciences seems also not to be able to withstand stress. So why do you think people "like you" are more worthful than others? It's only a form of religious racism if you think you are not religious because you believe in atheism. You are not a superior human being only because you like to be a member of the elite called "scientists". If you would know scientists then you would know: they have nearly the same problems like everyone else of us.

Last edited:

Why should all scientists be Atheists and not Christians or Jews or Muslims or Buddhists or Hinduists or ... ? Who or what gives you the right to call people "not we" and "irrational people without logic" only becaue this peopel don't follow such irrational atheistic beliefs like "I don't believe".

Again my question: Who's next if you finally killed all Christians? All other human beings while a last Hitter abnd a last Stalin will suicide each other? Do you think god will allow us to lose your war against us?

I don't want to kill anything except a bad idea and or lie.

A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel.

My hope would be for Islam to be the first religion to disappear.

You Christians remind me of the people who believed in Greek gods 2000 years ago. They didn't do bad things for their gods either but they were still ignorant superstitious people.

It is how humans 2000 years from now will look back at people who believe our ancient religions

I don't think so. I don't see modern Americans falling back into going to church, finding jesus and believing that nonsense. The internet was the death nail on religion. When we were kids we only had the preacher and a bible to listen to. Today we can go investigate why their stories don't make sense. Before we were guilted into believing and without the internet it was hard to go research to understand how religion is just silly.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts

“A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it.” – David Stevens

You just nailed it!

When I was in grammar school at Milan, TN in the early and mid forties the third and fourth graders were assigned a bible verse each Monday to memorize and recite back to the class on Thursday and Friday. Each day we started by saying the pledge of allegiance and the Lord's prayer. It wasn't just the preachers then.....the public schools were also involved.

Why should all scientists be Atheists and not Christians or Jews or Muslims or Buddhists or Hinduists or ... ? Who or what gives you the right to call people "not we" and "irrational people without logic" only becaue this peopel don't follow such irrational atheistic beliefs like "I don't believe".

Again my question: Who's next if you finally wiped out all Christians? All other human beings while a last Hitler and a last Stalin will suicide each other? Do you really think god will allow us to lose your war against us? Specially you know nearly nothing about philosophy and religion and your knowledge about natural sciences or mathematics or other sciences seems also not able to withstand stress. So why do you think people "like you" are more worthful than others? It's only only a form of religious racism if you think you are not religous if you believe in atheism. You are not a superior human being only because you like to be a member of the elite called "scientists". If you woudlknow scientists then you would know they have the same problems like everyone else.

"Again my question: Who's next if you finally wiped out all Christians? All other human beings while a last Hitler and a last Stalin will suicide each other? Do you really think god will allow us to lose your war against us? Specially you know nearly nothing about philosophy and religion and your knowledge about natural sciences or mathematics or other sciences seems also not able to withstand stress. So why do you think people "like you" are more worthful than others?"

I am pretty sure that most atheists are not interested in "wiping you out" literally. I think we would like to see you come to your senses. I do mean that literally. No one can make you stop having your hallucinations. I do honestly believe that promising other people "heaven" or threatening them "hell" is committing a fraud. That is definitely wrong. Going into the homes of the elderly and making such promises and threats in the hopes that they will sign over their real estate and bank accounts upon death is no different from any other criminal deceit for monetary gain. This is just one of many problems I have with your mental disease.

Again my question: Who's next if you finally killed all Christians? All other human beings while a last Hitter abnd a last Stalin will suicide each other? Do you think god will allow us to lose your war against us?

You Christians remind me of the people who believed in Greek gods 2000 years ago. They didn't do bad things for their gods either but they were still ignorant superstitious people.

It is how humans 2000 years from now will look back at people who believe our ancient religions

I must disagree. Christians do bad things every day in the name of their Jesus and the church. See my previous post.

You just nailed it!

When I was in grammar school at Milan, TN in the early and mid forties the third and fourth graders were assigned a bible verse each Monday to memorize and recite back to the class on Thursday and Friday. Each day we started by saying the pledge of allegiance and the Lord's prayer. It wasn't just the preachers then.....the public schools were also involved.

The same thing happened in the 60's and 70's at our school on Orcas Island in the American San Juans up near the Canadian border.

When I read what you said I had the impression the freedom to use drugs and to destroy the abilities of the own person is for you the same as to kill the life on planet Earth. Your hyperegocentralized thought seems to be "If I am so free not to be able to live in a beautiful way then no one else should be able to live at all".

You are an idiot.

You think yourself wise for following a foolish cult based on a primitive con game.

Consider this you arrogant retard, the planet has been here for 4.7 billion years. In that time it has been pummelled with asteroids, bombarded with radiation, ravaged by cataclysmic climate events, had the magnetic poles reversed on several occasions, and lost it's entire atmosphere twice.

YET YOU think some hairless monkey with delusions of grandeur can and will destroy the planet.

Yeah, that really does make you a mentally unstable fucktard....

When I read what you said I had the impression the freedom to use drugs and to destroy the abilities of the own person is for you the same as to kill the life on planet Earth. Your hyperegocentralized thought seems to be "If I am so free not to be able to live in a beautiful way then no one else should be able to live at all".

You are an idiot.

You think yourself wise for following a foolish cult based on a primitive con game.

Consider this you arrogant retard, the planet has been here for 4.7 billion years. In that time it has been pummelled with asteroids, bombarded with radiation, ravaged by cataclysmic climate events, had the magnetic poles reversed on several occasions, and lost it's entire atmosphere twice.

YET YOU think some hairless monkey with delusions of grandeur can and will destroy the planet.

Yeah, that really does make you a mentally unstable fucktard....
This is what I picture Zaangalewa looks like

You just nailed it!

Yet you still took Josef Stalin as your personal lord and savior, so it didn't seem to hurt you any...

That's what every other religion said.

Imagine today if a modern day Joseph Smith Jesus, Moses or Mohammad tried to start a new religion. We would all laugh at them. Joseph Smith happened in 1800. 216 years ago is a long time. We are much smarter than that now. Sure there will always be the gullible but one day 51% or more won't belong to an organized religion.

Like I already said, we expect the decline of Christianity. I'm certainly not an authority on religion but I do see an uptick in America as far as Islam is concerned. I see new mosques being built all over this country. I don't see much going on as far as the Buddhists or any of the other religions.

Actually, most sane adults do not spend a whole lot of their time worrying about what others think about what they do nor about what others do. This is especially true of what some folks might think 2.000 years from now.

Forum List

Back