Religion To Disappear By 2041

'It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

'It's All About Church Closings': Catholic Parishes Shrink In Northeast, Midwest

OVER 1 IN 4 CHICAGO PARISHES ON VERGE OF CLOSING, REPORTS SAY

Over 1 In 4 Chicago Parishes on Verge of Closing, Reports Say

somewhere between 4,000 and 7,000 churches close their doors every year. Southern Baptist researcher, Thom Rainer, in a recent article entitled “13 Issues for Churches in 2013“ puts the estimate higher. He says between 8,000 and 10,000 churches will likely close this year.

Between the years 2010 and 2012, more than half of all churches in America added not one new member. Each year, nearly 3 million more previous churchgoers enter the ranks of the “religiously unaffiliated.”

My nephews ask me why I don't go to church I tell them I do I'm a Muslim.

Next time the little one lies I'm going to ask him what God thinks about that. How come Christians don't worry about lying? They think believing the Jesus story is their get out of hell free pass. Believing in Jesus doesn't stop Christians from lying.

... Horse Shit!!! Go ahead and admit that the 2000 year old fable has nothing to do with reality.

Strange - very very very strange "answer". Third planet solar system?

Are you nuts??

"Nuts" are for me special fruits with a hard shell. This word has for me nothing to do with sexuality nor has sexuality for me something to do with spearwords. I told you I'm a German - I'm not a member of your culture. If someone speaks in such a way how you are doing, then I ask myselve only why this person suffers a so called "disinhibition of agressions". This phenomenon has often to do with alcoholism or drug abuse. You cause not agressions in me - you are frustrating. If you know nothing about the christian religion and nothing about the last few thousand years history - why do you not speak with other people about your hobbies? Why do you speak about religion?

Last edited:
... Horse Shit!!! Go ahead and admit that the 2000 year old fable has nothing to do with reality.

Are you nuts??

"Nuts" are for me special fruits with a hard shell. This word has for me nothing to do with sexuality nor has sexuality for me something to do with spearwords. I told you I'm a German - I'm not a member of your culture. If someone speaks in such a way how you are doing, then I ask myselve only why this person suffers a so called "disinhibition of agressions". This phenomenon has often to do with alcoholism or drug abuse. You cause not agressions in me - you are frustrating. If you know nothing about the christian religion and nothing about the last few thousand years history - why do you not speak with other people about your hobbies? Why do you speak about religion?

I was baptized before a congregation of almost 1000 people on a Sunday morning in March, 1957. I lived in the church till I was just over sixty years old. Don't start anything with me about that crap. I've been there, done that!
I never believed it...not for a minute. On Sunday mornings I used to look around at the faces of others and wonder if they doubted the same way I did.

Are you nuts??

I was baptized before a congregation of almost 1000 people on a Sunday morning in March, 1957. I lived in the church till I was just over sixty years old. Don't start anything with me about that crap. I've been there, done that!
I never believed it...not for a minute. On Sunday mornings I used to look around at the faces of others and wonder if they doubted the same way I did.

So if I see it the right way then you never believed in god for 60 years until you found out that it is better for you not to be a member of a christian church.

Last edited:

Are you nuts??

So if I see it the right way then you never believed in god for 60 years until you found out that it is better for you not to be a member of a christian church.

No two cults are the same. Even one denomination is different depending on which church you go to. Not all preachers are created equal.

Preachers are just cult leaders. It's very well organized.

Are you nuts??

No two cults are the same. Even one denomination is different depending on which church you go to. Not all preachers are created equal.

So he is a member of a christian church?

Are you nuts??

Who?

Who?

You answered for the user Campbell.

Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.
Today we see in metro Detroit where there was once 20 Catholic churches today there is 5. So I can see how if this pace keeps up we could reduce these groups to the cults they are.

Think about all those people who will keep ten % of their incomes. They will have more disposable income.

The only problem is religion is a business and employs a lot of people. It also provides something people want and or need. I don't want to outlaw it but I'm glad people aren't buying it.

A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel. It's holding us back as a species

Umm, that's because Detroit has lost more than half of its population since those churches were built. It's amazing that a supposedly thinking person can't make even that simple an observation.
The population has probably doubled since I was born. Have the number of churches doubled? No, they've cut in half.

I the past 8 out of 8 went to church. Today 4 out of 16 go to church

The population of Detroit has dropped by over a million since its height in the 1960's silly boy. This is what Detroit is doing. It's crumbling. THIS is the reality of progressive leadership allowed to reign unchallenged.

C1MwdrE.jpg
depressed-detroit-_2622271k.jpg
Abandoned_Packard_Automobile_Factory_Detroit_200.jpg
detroit-web.jpg

Author and noted biopsychologist Nigel Barber has completed a new study that shows Atheism is most prevalent in developed countries, and, according to his projections, religion will completely disappear by 2041. His findings are discussed in his new book “Why Atheism Will Replace Religion.” A new study that clarifies his earlier research will be published in August. His findings focus on studying trends within countries around the world and the fact that “Atheists are heavily concentrated in economically developed countries”-

In my new study of 137 countries (1), I also found that atheism increases for countries with a well-developed welfare state (as indexed by high taxation rates). Moreover, countries with a more equal distribution of income had more atheists. My study improved on earlier research by taking account of whether a country is mostly Moslem (where atheism is criminalized) or formerly Communist (where religion was suppressed) and accounted for three-quarters of country differences in atheism.

His main thesis stems from the phenomenon of religion declining as personal wealth increases. He cites the reason as people having less of a need for supernatural beliefs when the tangible, natural world is providing for their needs. He says the majority of the world will come to view religion as completely irrelevant by 2041.
Today we see in metro Detroit where there was once 20 Catholic churches today there is 5. So I can see how if this pace keeps up we could reduce these groups to the cults they are.

Think about all those people who will keep ten % of their incomes. They will have more disposable income.

The only problem is religion is a business and employs a lot of people. It also provides something people want and or need. I don't want to outlaw it but I'm glad people aren't buying it.

A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel. It's holding us back as a species

Umm, that's because Detroit has lost more than half of its population since those churches were built. It's amazing that a supposedly thinking person can't make even that simple an observation.
The population has probably doubled since I was born. Have the number of churches doubled? No, they've cut in half.

The population of Detroit has dropped by over a million since its height in the 1960's silly boy. This is what Detroit is doing. It's crumbling. THIS is the reality of progressive leadership allowed to reign unchallenged.

C1MwdrE.jpg
detroit-web.jpg
and yet NY and the north east and Midwest such as Chicago churches are closing

Crain's Chicago Business

List of closed churches in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One Third Of New York Catholic Churches Will Merge Or Close As Fewer Attend Mass
In America, more than 3,500 churches close their doors each year

Last edited:

Are you nuts??

Why would I want to believe in a figment of someone's imagination who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat?

C1MwdrE.jpg
detroit-web.jpg

Crain's Chicago Business

List of closed churches in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One Third Of New York Catholic Churches Will Merge Or Close As Fewer Attend Mass

In Germany we lost 20% Catholics within the last 25 years. So in the year 2041+200 years we Catholics will be only 4% of the population in Germany any longer - while we are today 30%.

Last edited:

C1MwdrE.jpg
detroit-web.jpg

Crain's Chicago Business

Yes, indeed. They are losing parishioners. Many are disgusted by the pedophilia that was allowed to run rampant and protected, and many are simply not interested in wasting an hour of their life on a nice Sunday morning. Can't blame them. They still call themselves Catholics however and hold to the core beliefs. They simply are abandoning the dogma of the Church and those who preach it.

I think Nigel will experience the Rapture before 2041. Too bad everyone who's left won't be able to read his next book titled..I Was Wrong, by Nigel Barber.

Lol, been hearing that shit for 50 years.

Are you nuts??

Why would I want to believe in a figment of someone's imagination who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat?

As far as I know ... one moment ... ah yeah: it was Heraklit (~ 500 BC) who knew that the Earth and the moon were spheres. I myselve found only a birish bishop (b-irish = bavarian) ~ 500 AD who discussed with an irish abbot (irish = scotish or irish) about wether the world is flat or not. The "world" is by the way indeed flat - what you can see if you take a look at the galaxy. Even a triangle in the size of hundreds of lightyears has exactly 180° <=> follows the geometry of Euclid <=> so the space all around us is indeed flat. And witches ... an interesting theme too - specially in context with the [in]tolerant Prussians and their political propaganda against the catholic church. Whatever ...

Nevertheless if I think about what you said here, then I doubt about that you went 60 years every sunday in a church service without believing in god while gazing all around you on ETs who believed the Earth is flat while they spoke about the good old days, when is was nice to burn witches. What kind of game do you play?

Last edited:

Looking at states by how religious they are, and you see the Southern states are higher in religion, lower in education.

How religious is your state?

Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, Arkansas, South Carolina, by states with over 70% of adults who are highly religious.

List of U.S. states by educational attainment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

States listed by high school graduates from the bottom up.

Texas, Mississippi, California, Kentucky, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas.

By bachelor's degree bottom up

West Virginia, Arkansas, Mississippi, Kentucky, Louisiana, Nevada, Alabama

By advanced degree

Arkansas, West Virginia, North Dakota, Louisiana, Mississippi

States keep coming up all the time, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas are in the bottom of all three levels of education, they're at the top of religiousness too.

A coincidence? No, not really.

Forum List

Back