Remake "Roots"; But make Toby a white Irish actor. Would it be ok?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
White Slaves in America Outnumbered Black Slaves - Bet you didn't know that did you?

More whites were sold into slavery in America than blacks. Were you aware? Especially Irish whites.

I think Hollywood should remake the slave movie "Roots". But cast Toby as a white Irish character. Maybe Conan Obrien could be the lead.

"Whutch-yo name boy?"

"Aeden. Aeden O'Sullivan".

"Nope. Yo name Toby. I say Whutch-yo name boy"

"My name Aeden."

Hmmm. Wonder if the left would accept this as gleefully as the black Annie or black Bond or black Star Wars lead haha!!??

There seems to be a mental obligation for white-black interracial dating & black leader & such on TV. I think that "forceful obligation" is what's being the issue. Not whether a black should be a leader (which would be easier to perceive for dumb people who want to feel sophisticated).

Great to see Harrison Ford back in Star Wars.

White Slaves in America Outnumbered Black Slaves - Bet you didn't know that did you?

More whites were sold into slavery in America than blacks. Were you aware? Especially Irish whites.

I think Hollywood should remake the slave movie "Roots". But cast Toby as a white Irish character. Maybe Conan Obrien could be the lead.

"Whutch-yo name boy?"

"My name Aeden."

Hmmm. Wonder if the left would accept this as gleefully as the black Annie or black Bond or black Star Wars lead haha!!??
Why be a copy-cat (assuming you could get the rights from the Haley estate) and pay to do a remake of somebody else's work?

Write your own script about the Redlegs. It's certainly an unexamined piece of American history. But brace yourself for the backlash from the "Scots-Irish" who will object to the portrayals.

There seems to be a mental obligation for white-black interracial dating & black leader & such on TV. I think that "forceful obligation" is what's being the issue. Not whether a black should be a leader (which would be easier to perceive for dumb people who want to feel sophisticated).

Great to see Harrison Ford back in Star Wars.

I agree. That's what is annoying....the forced political shit. Hell...if Denzel or Will Smith are auditioning for a role...they clearly are probably 2 of the 10 best actors in the world...give it to them.

But I'm waiting for a movie about the Civil War....where Ulysses S. Grant is played by Kanye West.

"Whutch-yo name boy?"

"My name Aeden."

Why be a copy-cat (assuming you could get the rights from the Haley estate) and pay to do a remake of somebody else's work?

Write your own script about the Redlegs. It's certainly an unexamined piece of American history. But brace yourself for the backlash from the "Scots-Irish" who will object to the portrayals.

Same reason they didn't do an original...but instead want to cast a black person as Bond or Annie.

I want Roots remade...but Toby is white.

One constant theme you may or may not have noticed is that Blacks or minority characters in films that have, before being re-written, been dominated by a cast of European extraction, are always on the side of the 'good guys'. Why are they never cast in roles that are 'evil'. How would our resident Social Justice Warriors (SJWs) have reacted if John Boyega had been cast as a Sith Lord? I mean, he was originally a stormtrooper who I'm guessing had some sort of epiphany over fighting for the Empire, but what if he'd been cast as a 'baddie' throughout?

Irish actors are great!

I wanna see Colin Ferrell play MLK in a civil rights bio.

"Whutch-yo name boy?"

"My name Aeden."

Same reason they didn't do an original...but instead want to cast a black person as Bond or Annie.

I want Roots remade...but Toby is white.
Do you own the rights?

One constant theme you may or may not have noticed is that Blacks or minority characters in films that have, before being re-written, been dominated by a cast of European extraction, are always on the side of the 'good guys'. Why are they never cast in roles that are 'evil'. How would our resident Social Justice Warriors (SJWs) have reacted if John Boyega had been cast as a Sith Lord? I mean, he was originally a stormtrooper who I'm guessing had some sort of epiphany over fighting for the Empire, but what if he'd been cast as a 'baddie' throughout?
You mean like of Darth Vader were..........James Earl Jones?

You mean like of Darth Vader were..........James Earl Jones?

Darth Vader was eventually revealed to have white skin, and his race was never revealed until the end. You could try answering the question I asked in the post you quoted me on, if you've got the guts.

Remake Jaws.

But make "Jaws" .....not a Great White Shark.....but a Red-tailed Black Shark:

Red-tailed black shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh....and the shark needs to be gay. And trans species who thinks he is a bear.
Do you own the rights?

I'm guessing you don't even know what I'm talking about.

You think I'm being serious haha? No...I don't own the rights. Or the resources to make a movie. I'm guessing you don't get humor and mockery. Dumbass.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Remake Jaws.

But make "Jaws" .....not a Great White Shark.....but a Red-tailed Black Shark:

Red-tailed black shark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh....and the shark needs to be gay. And trans species who thinks he is a bear.
Do you own the rights?

I'm guessing you don't even know what I'm talking about.

You think I'm being serious haha? No...I don't own the rights.

Well, then, enjoy your little fantasy project. Glad I don't have to 'splain copyright law to you.

colin%20farrell.jpeg

Works for me!