Remember the debt ceiling

"I will never sign another bill like this again"...Donald J Trump, March 2018

I bet they actually believed him.

His "great success" with the economy is also being drastically revised downward.

Donald Trump’s Entire Story About the Economy Fell Apart This Week

I remember when he singed that bill in 2018 and all his worshipers on here gave him a free pass because he said he never would do it again.

Now, they are giving him a free pass again even though he lied.
Haven’t we been doing that for about 40 years now? The democrats give obie a pass. Now it’s happening again with some blame shifting.

I had hoped Trump would treat the congress like China and issue a fuck you, shut it down, make the cuts or we all get nothing stance.

He didn’t do that. Wish he had.

Haven’t we been doing that for about 40 years now? The democrats give obie a pass. Now it’s happening again with some blame shifting.

I had hoped Trump would treat the congress like China and issue a fuck you, shut it down, make the cuts or we all get nothing stance.

Yes we have, we have because each side gives their guy a free pass.

The Dems gave Obama a free pass and people like you bitched about it then

Now you are giving Trump a free pass and the Dems are bitching.

There are a few of us that have kept the same message no matter who is in the White House.

His "great success" with the economy is also being drastically revised downward.

I remember when he singed that bill in 2018 and all his worshipers on here gave him a free pass because he said he never would do it again.

The Democrats don't proclaim themselves to be guardians of deficits and debt. Even though the last two Democrats did a much better job of managing deficits even after having to deal with that torpedo in the economy that happened under Bush.

When was the last time a Republican actually lowered the deficit?

It’s not good that’s for sure. Do you think he had another choice? There’s no way the democrats were going to cut anything. The republicans weren’t going to do it. Do you just shelve this loss or shut it all down? That is the question.

Was he lying or was he stupid? Both?
Optomistic maybe? I'm not sure but in the end it takes about 400 people to pass something to lower this debt. Not just one.

I want this fixed but not sure how we can get the back benchers in congress to vote for it.

It’s not good that’s for sure. Do you think he had another choice? There’s no way the democrats were going to cut anything. The republicans weren’t going to do it. Do you just shelve this loss or shut it all down? That is the question.

Was he lying or was he stupid? Both?
Optomistic maybe? I'm not sure but in the end it takes about 400 people to pass something to lower this debt. Not just one.

I want this fixed but not sure how we can get the back benchers in congress to vote for it.

Didn't you guys elect Trump to take care of it? He's not, he's actually an expensive President.

At least you gave Obama the same benefit of the doubt. Other wise you'd have sullied your pristine reputation.

There are a few of us that have kept the same message no matter who is in the White House.
I didn't change my message. This spending is retarded. We had no choice with obie. I hoped we did have one with Trump but apparently that isn't the fight he's willing to take on.

There's a huge difference between knowing a president doesn't give a shit and if it's even possible with the current congress.

Maybe some day we can get enough control to pass budget restraints like the dems did obiecare. It doesn't seem possible today.

I didn't change my message. This spending is retarded. We had no choice with obie. I hoped we did have one with Trump but apparently that isn't the fight he's willing to take on.

There's a huge difference between knowing a president doesn't give a shit and if it's even possible with the current congress.

Maybe some day we can get enough control to pass budget restraints like the dems did obiecare. It doesn't seem possible today.

You could have just shortened your post with a single word. Excuses.

What a big surprise! I bet no one expected this. :rolleyes:

How about Trump's deficits and raising the debt ceiling now?

What about them?

I know, who cares about deficits now? I'm sure that will be the theme.

I am against increasing the debt. I have been against it since Reagan. When Trump increased the debt by a trillion I was irritated, and posted so, but it seem Democrats only care when Republicans raise the debt, we have no business increasing the debt. We need to raise taxes on everyone and cut government spending by 25% across the board, cut corporate welfare out completely and get rid of stupid spending like Amtrak and Public Broadcasting. That is why I didn't vote for him or Clinton, they both were going to raise the debt.

In the last 100 years all Democrats and Republicans have done is raise the debt and then you get dumb asses that claim running up the debt is okay and is no big deal and yet stupid dumb shits continue to vote for them, and then bitch about the other side raising the debt.

If you vote for a Democrat or Republican you have no business complaining about the rising debt because they are contributing to it.

I’m not giving anyone a free pass. I’m looking at the reality of this situation.

Are you willing to shut down the entire government for as long as it takes for Trump to get this done? Or are you going to jump on the OMG everyone is gonna die! Side?

Obie never even considered cutting spending, at least it was on Trumps mind. Didn’t work out though.

I’m more disappointed than anything really. It’s so simple to fix but doesn’t look to be happening any time soon.

You could have just shortened your post with a single word. Excuses.
What’s your excuse? Is it the same one you used during the obie years?

The Democrats don't proclaim themselves to be guardians of deficits and debt. Even though the last two Democrats did a much better job of managing deficits even after having to deal with that torpedo in the economy that happened under Bush.

Unfortunately, the last President to lower the debt was Coolidge.

That’s kind of the problem isn’t it? You don’t give a shit about the debt you just want to bitch about it if you aren’t in power.

I never claimed to give a fuck about the debt! But you did. So I’m going to keep voting for more debt and call you an asshole for even thinking we weren’t going to do that.

Democrats 2019

He was also the last Conservative president.

What about them?

I am against increasing the debt. I have been against it since Reagan. When Trump increased the debt by a trillion I was irritated, and posted so, but it seem Democrats only care when Republicans raise the debt, we have no business increasing the debt. We need to raise taxes on everyone and cut government spending by 25% across the board, cut corporate welfare out completely and get rid of stupid spending like Amtrak and Public Broadcasting. That is why I didn't vote for him or Clinton, they both were going to raise the debt.

You were irritated when Trump raises the deficit during economic good times but apoplectic when Obama did to drag us back to some sort of normalcy? I don't see Democrats running around thinking or saying the deficit is their number one concern like Republicans do. What I do see happening is that Clinton lowered the deficit, Bush exploded it, Obama to deal with the recession raised deficits and then eventually they went back down in the right direction and now Trump is raising them again, for not good reason. You're irritated now, how did you feel in 2009 or 2010? I bet you thought raising deficit was a good reason to vote someone out of office. It' called hypocrisy.

In the last 100 years all Democrats and Republicans have done is raise the debt and then you get dumb asses that claim running up the debt is okay and is no big deal and yet stupid dumb shits continue to vote for them, and then bitch about the other side raising the debt.

If you vote for a Democrat or Republican you have no business complaining about the rising debt because they are contributing to it.

Yes, sometimes deficit spending is necessary. It' not now or at least get something out of it that actually benefits people.

I've never voted for a Republican for president and I have every right to complain about Trump's spending because it's unnecessary to give tax cuts to rich people who don't need them. Where as say spending money to bail out the auto industry (that was mostly paid back) was beneficial to all Americans.

He did that by cutting the government in half. Can you imagine doing that today?

What pisses me off the most is people claiming that deficits and debt don't matter. What stupidity is that? If that was really case then why does the government need to tax anyone or pass budgets? People are so damn partisan.

Too bad they don't exist anymore, it's all about nativism and fear now.

What pisses me off the most is people claiming that deficits and debt don't matter. What stupidity is that? If that was really case then why does the government need to tax anyone or pass budgets? People are so damn partisan.

Who says they don't matter?

What about them?

You were irritated when Trump raises the deficit during economic good times but apoplectic when Obama did to drag us back to some sort of normalcy? I don't see Democrats running around thinking or saying the deficit is their number one concern like Republicans do. What I do see happening is that Clinton lowered the deficit, Bush exploded it, Obama to deal with the recession raised deficits and then eventually they went back down in the right direction and now Trump is raising them again, for not good reason. You're irritated now, how did you feel in 2009 or 2010? I bet you thought raising deficit was a good reason to vote someone out of office. It' called hypocrisy.

Yes, sometimes deficit spending is necessary. It' not now or at least get something out of it that actually benefits people.

I've never voted for a Republican for president and I have every right to complain about Trump's spending because it's unnecessary to give tax cuts to rich people who don't need them. Where as say spending money to bail out the auto industry (that was mostly paid back) was beneficial to all Americans.
Bailing out the auto companies provided near no job growth. Tax cuts have the best economy since Reagan.

It’s pretty obvious which is better.

BTW- How’s your Solendra stock doing?

Forum List

Back