Remember When McConnell Was Fine With Pelosi Witholding Impeachment Articles

Purge is here ,time for me to leave ,,,Republicans are blind In the land of the blind the one eyed guy is king

If Obama had bombed this guy, the right wingers would have reacted in the same way they did when Obama took out OBL. Do you remember?

They poured shit on the whole thing, some of them said there's no proof it ever happened, and other BS.

You right wingers behaved like a bunch of whiny bitches for 8 years, you're not going to get praise in return, especially with this bastard that has been talking smack for 4+ years.
well first you would have to have some evidence that we did that on the other 571 targets he hit. you got that? BTW, we aren't traitors to our country, and don't stand behind Iran. Did we do it for Bin Laden? come on mate, give us all that evidence to back your sad ass statement.
The bottom line is your party is chock full of lying hypocrites Obama would be hanging from a lamp post if he pulled half the bull shit your party is responsible INCLUDING breaking the fn treaty
Your unhinged rants have no basis in reality.
Sure they don't for folks like you who kiss trumps ,,,,,,,,,shoes as he can do no wrong The worst pos ever in our WH and we have people like you to thank for it
Yer welcome.:5_1_12024:

well first you would have to have some evidence that we did that on the other 571 targets he hit. you got that? BTW, we aren't traitors to our country, and don't stand behind Iran. Did we do it for Bin Laden? come on mate, give us all that evidence to back your sad ass statement.
The bottom line is your party is chock full of lying hypocrites Obama would be hanging from a lamp post if he pulled half the bull shit your party is responsible INCLUDING breaking the fn treaty
Your unhinged rants have no basis in reality.
Sure they don't for folks like you who kiss trumps ,,,,,,,,,shoes as he can do no wrong The worst pos ever in our WH and we have people like you to thank for it
Just can't get over that election, can you? :itsok: :abgg2q.jpg:

View attachment 299330
LOL You're killing me ,,,adios

How do you know when you have Senate Majority Leader over a barrel? When he starts accusing you of "shameless game-playing," as he did of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on the Senate floor Wednesday afternoon. Wow, seems like McConnell's pretty desperate to get those articles now. Remember in December when he rather smugly declared "fine with me" after Pelosi announced she wouldn't immediately transmit the articles? Gee, Mitch, what's the hurry? Thought everything was just "fine."

Remember when McConnell was 'fine' with Pelosi withholding impeachment articles? Not anymore
He knows they can only win a rigged deck. Bunch of trumpkin scum

How do you know when you have Senate Majority Leader over a barrel? When he starts accusing you of "shameless game-playing," as he did of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on the Senate floor Wednesday afternoon. Wow, seems like McConnell's pretty desperate to get those articles now. Remember in December when he rather smugly declared "fine with me" after Pelosi announced she wouldn't immediately transmit the articles? Gee, Mitch, what's the hurry? Thought everything was just "fine."

Remember when McConnell was 'fine' with Pelosi withholding impeachment articles? Not anymore

View attachment 299326

SOOOOO . . . your problem is that the Senate wants to finish trying the case that Pelosi spent millions of dollars and 12 weeks before the holidays rushing to prosecute in a mad pall saying that Trump was a matter of national crisis and imminent danger?

Why are you so afraid to let the Senate adjudicate the case?
Because they're crooks who don't want a real trial that has witnesses that will expose the piece of excrement we have in our WH
You mean like the crooks in the House who refused to allow due process for the President?
Like stopping Obama from a SC pick??
The House stopped Barry from a SC pick?

Do tell..........

He knows they can only win a rigged deck. Bunch of trumpkin scum
so why hold the articles? there is absolutely no logic in this. none. you will try to justify something with no logic though. I"m watching.

View attachment 299326

SOOOOO . . . your problem is that the Senate wants to finish trying the case that Pelosi spent millions of dollars and 12 weeks before the holidays rushing to prosecute in a mad pall saying that Trump was a matter of national crisis and imminent danger?

Because they're crooks who don't want a real trial that has witnesses that will expose the piece of excrement we have in our WH
You mean like the crooks in the House who refused to allow due process for the President?

Do tell..........
I didn't know the house did that. hmmmmm

View attachment 299326

Do tell..........
The senate with McConnell

The world according to somebody named Kerry Eleved of the Daily Kos? Why does it matter what McConnell was "fine with" or whether he was fine with anything? The problem is Pelosi isn't it?

She's not, most Americans want witnesses to testify in the trial, that's what she is holding out for.

You mean like quid pro quo...idiot.

Are you really comparing compromise in Washington with a president pressuring another country for political dirt?
Remind us again who pressured who...

Ajqs6CP.jpg

Everybody was pressuring Ukraine to get rid of the corrupt prosecutor.
Trump wasn't, he wasn't even a candidate then!

Yeah...nobody is claiming Trump pressured Ukraine to get rid of a corrupt prosecutor before he was even president. I didn't realize this needed to be clarified but apparently so.

The world according to somebody named Kerry Eleved of the Daily Kos? Why does it matter what McConnell was "fine with" or whether he was fine with anything? The problem is Pelosi isn't it?
I didn't know McConnell had the articles. did I miss something?

View attachment 299326

Do tell..........

I see that you haven't caught up with the backgroud for the trial:

From his Speech on the Senate Floor, Transcript HERE

The Last Refuge

January, 8

McConnell: The Senate “Will Not Cede Our Authority” on Impeachment

Excerpt:

MITCH MCCONNELL – ‘Late last year, Speaker Pelosi and House Democrats sped through a slapdash impeachment of President Trump in 12 weeks. Because, they insisted, the need to undo the 2016 election was urgent. Urgent, they said.

‘Since then, the same people have spent three weeks dragging their heels and refusing to proceed to a Senate trial.

‘Supposedly, the explanation for this shameless game-playing is that Speaker Pelosi wanted “leverage” to reach into the Senate and dictate our trial proceedings to us. I’ve made clear from the beginning that no such “leverage” exists. It’s nonexistent. And yesterday we made it clear it will never exist.

‘A majority of the Senate has decided that the first phase of an impeachment trial should track closely with the unanimous bipartisan precedent that all 100 senators supported for the first phase of the Clinton trial back in 1999.

‘There will be no haggling with the House over Senate procedure. We will not cede our authority to try this impeachment. The House Democrats’ turn is over. The Senate has made its decision.

‘The 1999 precedent does not guarantee witnesses or foreclose witnesses. Let me say that again: it neither guarantees witnesses nor forecloses witnesses. It leaves those determinations until later in the trial where they belong.

‘I fully expect the parties will raise questions about witnesses at the appropriate time. I would remind my friends on the other side: I strongly suspect that not all the potential witnesses would be people the Democrats are eager to hear from.

‘So the Senate will address all these questions at the appropriate time. That is for the Senate, and the Senate only, to decide. Period.”

bolding mine

==================

An INCREASING number (SIX so far) of Democrat Senators are telling Pelosi to send the Impeachment articles to the Senate. From ABC News

"A growing number of Senate Democrats say it’s time for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to send over the articles of impeachment, passed three weeks ago in the House, to the Senate, which would trigger a trial of President Donald Trump.

“We are reaching a point where the articles of impeachment should be sent,” Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., told reporters Wednesday.

California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein also on Wednesday told reporters, “If we’re going to do it, she should send them over,” adding, “I don’t see what good delay does.”

=====

She is still defying even her own Democratic Senators, the idiot has ZERO leverage here, she has been TOLD what will happen when the articles of impeachment finally arrives in the Senate for trial, will be using the 100-0 Bipartisan rules that was passed for the Clinton trial.

Drop your absurd partisan nonsense....

Last edited:
View attachment 299326

Do tell..........
Make up your TDS addled mind.

Do tell..........

I see that you haven't caught up with the backgroud for the trial:

From his Speech on the Senate Floor, Transcript HERE

The Last Refuge

January, 8

McConnell: The Senate “Will Not Cede Our Authority” on Impeachment

Excerpt:

MITCH MCCONNELL – ‘Late last year, Speaker Pelosi and House Democrats sped through a slapdash impeachment of President Trump in 12 weeks. Because, they insisted, the need to undo the 2016 election was urgent. Urgent, they said.

‘Since then, the same people have spent three weeks dragging their heels and refusing to proceed to a Senate trial.

‘Supposedly, the explanation for this shameless game-playing is that Speaker Pelosi wanted “leverage” to reach into the Senate and dictate our trial proceedings to us. I’ve made clear from the beginning that no such “leverage” exists. It’s nonexistent. And yesterday we made it clear it will never exist.

‘A majority of the Senate has decided that the first phase of an impeachment trial should track closely with the unanimous bipartisan precedent that all 100 senators supported for the first phase of the Clinton trial back in 1999.

‘There will be no haggling with the House over Senate procedure. We will not cede our authority to try this impeachment. The House Democrats’ turn is over. The Senate has made its decision.

‘The 1999 precedent does not guarantee witnesses or foreclose witnesses. Let me say that again: it neither guarantees witnesses nor forecloses witnesses. It leaves those determinations until later in the trial where they belong.

‘I fully expect the parties will raise questions about witnesses at the appropriate time. I would remind my friends on the other side: I strongly suspect that not all the potential witnesses would be people the Democrats are eager to hear from.

‘So the Senate will address all these questions at the appropriate time. That is for the Senate, and the Senate only, to decide. Period.”

bolding mine

==================

An INCREASING number of Democrat Senators are telling Pelosi to send the Impeachment articles to the Senate. From ABC News

"A growing number of Senate Democrats say it’s time for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to send over the articles of impeachment, passed three weeks ago in the House, to the Senate, which would trigger a trial of President Donald Trump.

“We are reaching a point where the articles of impeachment should be sent,” Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., told reporters Wednesday.

California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein also on Wednesday told reporters, “If we’re going to do it, she should send them over,” adding, “I don’t see what good delay does.”

=====

She is still defying even her own Democratic Senators, the idiot has ZERO leverage here, she has been TOLD what will happen when the articles of impeachment finally arrives in the Senate for trial, will be using the 100-0 Bipartisan rules that was passed for the Clinton trial.

Drop your absurd partisan nonsense....

Oh Eddie "gets it." He is just pissed as all the Tards are because Mitch isn't going along with the game plan of allowing the House to use the Senate as a ploy to keep an ongoing investigation clear through to election day. That would interfere with Donald's campaign and keep him on the front page, because they know that no matter what, as soon as the trial is actually heard, it is dead on arrival with no evidence of a crime.

Remember when nancy said this donkey show was urgent.
They are both playing politics....except....

Nancy is at least in line with precedent since the last impeachment trial included witnesses and a 100-0 Senate vote on the impeachment trial rules...

McConnell is trying to protect Trump and its going to be more and more obvious to everyday Americans who are not sycophants for Trump like you are...

Shes not in line with anything. She knows she has nothing but she has to keep her rabid base, like you, satiated.

Last edited:
Madame Pelosi has been TOLD what the Senate plan is, yet she keeps asking what the plan is anyway, in an obvious bid to continue her political games show.

Powerline

January 7, 2020

by Paul Mirengoff

On impeachment, McConnell has a plan, and the votes

Excerpt:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is ready to proceed with an impeachment proceeding as soon as Nancy Pelosi decides to refer the impeachment articles to the Senate. McConnell’s plan is to proceed in stages.

First, the prosecution and the defense will make their presentations. Then, they will answer written questions from Senators. After that, if a party wants to call witnesses, the Senate will vote on whether to allow it.

According to the Washington Post, all 53 Republican members of the Senate are on board with this procedure. Thus, that’s how things will proceed once Pelosi sends up the impeachment articles.

I hope that after the initial presentations, the votes will be there to dismiss the articles of impeachment on the grounds that the case presented by the prosecution, even if one assumes all of the facts asserted therein to be true, doesn’t meet the constitutional standard for impeaching a president. If that happens, the Senate won’t get to witnesses.

LINK

================================

Pelosi has nothing left, no leverage, no reason for delay and no reason for grandstanding.

Her own Democratic colleagues in the Senate (six so far) are increasingly telling her to send the dam papers!

Remember when Pelosi was in a hurry?

What slowed her down?

The fact that at least two republican senators said they would not be impartial.

She wants a fair trial.

Republicans, it seems, do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What slowed her down?

The fact that at least two republican senators said they would not be impartial.

She wants a fair trial.

Commie Bernie, Fauxcohontas Warren, Spartacus Booker, and Kamaltoe Harris have all announced their decision on impeachment.

Your hypocrisy is showing.

What slowed her down?

She wants a fair trial.

Pelosi is a lying sack of shit, she has been TOLD that the Senate will follow the 100-0 Bipartisan Senate rules that were passed in 1999 for the Clinton Senate trial. The bitch is dragging it out on purpose since it is obvious she has no viable case to present.

McConnell Senate Floor Speech posted HERE

===========
Stop being ignorant about it!

Which do you hate Trump worst for?

Not losing any Americans in the Baghdad Embassy or killing the terrorist Salami?

Forum List

Back