Remember when......

Which Republican politicians were "ruined" for being gay?
Larry Craig springs to mind.

"I am not gay. I love my wife" ~ Larry Craig
Larry must have been exercising the Clinton loophole.

Bill Clinton said blowjobs don't count as sex. So getting head from a guy in a bathroom doesn't make you gay.

357om6s.jpg

That works for me!

Larry Craig served out the rest of his term, and now runs a lucrative lobbying firm.

Not exactly what I would call "ruined".
If that is your criteria, almost no politician has ever been ruined for anything.

The list would be very short.

Nixon and Gary Hart are the only two that come to mind. People throw the term "ruined" around way too much.

Larry Craig served out the rest of his term, and now runs a lucrative lobbying firm.

If that is your criteria, almost no politician has ever been ruined for anything.

The list would be very short.

Nixon and Gary Hart are the only two that come to mind. People throw the term "ruined" around way too much.

that was weak....

Being gay ruined Rock Hudson...

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

Alright Dems don't come to the rescue now... the horse is already out of the barn.....
You have already been exposed for your "double minded" ways anyway, even the ignorant masses have caught on (finally...)

I bet if you asked Larry Craig, he'd rather still be a Senator than an energy consultant.

.... wasn't that long ago when politician's careers were ruined for coming out of the closet or being exposed as being "gay".

If I were one of them I would be PISSED because now they would be immortalized and maybe even be given an award for bravery!

Yep and I can remember when it was still socially acceptable to say 'N*gger'.

Lots of things have changed for the better.

Yet those so passionate about "gay rights" should have been there....
Much more important, saving a career than having a wedding cake, no?

Why should the LGBT community have supported a politician that didn't support them?

I bet if you asked Larry Craig, he'd rather still be a Senator than an energy consultant.

Did he try to run again?
He couldn't. Because he was outed.

He could have run again.

He chose not to because he expected he would lose.

Oh...because Republicans wouldn't have voted for him. Is he sure? Diaper Vitter got reelected. To Republicans gay is worse than wearing diapers?

Forum List

Back